Sign in to follow this  
CP5670

Unitron UT-5 Crater Charger

A heavy tractor and trailer for hauling around equipment on rugged planetary surfaces. The tractor includes steering, V6 engine and all-wheel independent suspension, and the trailer has suspended wheel bogies. It carries the Eagle, a two-man light attack craft. (click the pictures for more images)

cc-full2-small.jpg

ccfull-small.jpg

ccea-small.jpg

Edited by CP5670

Excellent old school space design with some modern parts there 'CP5670' - I really like it !

The engine looks a mean one too ! (torque for pulling, then speed to get the you-know-what out of somewhere !) :grin:

Great work 'CP5670' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I like the long cockpit on it , it really fits the style of the theme, and those shocks you added to it must be fun to use on your desk eh.

Will you be adding a trailer to this some time in the future?

Very nice work! You made Unitron good with this MOC. I like how well this fits in with the actual theme, everything from the colors to the parts used is perfect.

Nice job on this! :thumbup:

Thanks, everyone. :classic:

I like the long cockpit on it , it really fits the style of the theme, and those shocks you added to it must be fun to use on your desk eh.

Will you be adding a trailer to this some time in the future?

Yes, it's fun to roll around the house. I was actually going to make it motorized originally but there wasn't enough room for a battery box in it, so I just settled with a standard Technic engine. The differential also had to be oriented in a funny way to fit inside the small chassis, but it works quite smoothly.

I'll probably make something for it to pull. It's supposed to be part of a factory in my monorail setup (which is not yet finished).

Very nice creation- in old good space design :) Excellent idea for engine- technic pistons fits in this model.

BUMP

This vehicle now has a trailer and fighter to go with it (sort of inspired by the three-piece Model Team sets like 5591). I made these things quite a while ago, but only got around to taking pictures recently.

Pretty nice. It keeps the general feel of the theme, and looks rather good overall.

Thanks. I like to try and keep true to the original themes in these models, especially with the color schemes.

I wasn't on here long enough to see this truck the first time around, but it seems to be you've made your first model triple awsome. I especially like the colors and the fighter.