[Vignette] Rise of the Zombies

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guards

Guards

Member: 7729

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

Posted Image
Hey,

It's been a while since I posted one of my creations, so I built a little Vignette to show the awesome Zombies from the collectible Minifigures. The colourshema is wilfully, I think the dark-bluish-gray and the old-bluish gray looks very good.
Hope you like it and subscribe.

MG

Posted Image

Edited by Rufus, 24 June 2011 - 07:55 PM.
Indexed

#2 Carbohydrates

Carbohydrates

Member: 5372

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hey, let me start by saying that I like this a lot. It's nicely thought out in terms of arrangement and the destroyed floor is a particularly great touch.

In the interest of honest feedback, though, I gotta say I don't like the color scheme. It's overbearingly gray, with the walls, floor, and bits of furniture all done in shades of it, with brown being the only accent color, and a dark color like brown doesn't stand out from the equally dark gray too well. I imagine the gray was a deliberate choice, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it. It almost looks like a bunker with some furniture thrown in.

The furniture itself is very nicely constricted, though! I love the use of log pieces as cushions on the couch, and the desk with its phone, lamp, and writing mat is absolutely spot-on. The damaged floor and pillar really give a nice feeling of conflict. Overall, very nicely built and staged! There's not much I don't like besides the coloring.

#3 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:05 AM

That's a pretty nice vig 'Guards'! I like all the furnitures and the piano. I think the gray color scheme is just fine, you just have to put some dark bleys there to put a darker grey shade.

Edited by KielDaMan, 09 July 2010 - 07:05 AM.

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#4 Special K

Special K

Member: 11414

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

Very Nice Moc!
I like how it is very straight and that makes it stand out :classic:

#5 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

Good one 'Guards' - nice furniture, great wrecked floor and swinging light fitting ! :thumbup:
Excellent designing and keep on bricking ! :sweet:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users