Churchill Tank (MkIII / MkVII) WIP

8 replies to this topic

#1 Saracen

Saracen

Member: 2909

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK, the Churchill Tank is by far, in my humble opinion, the coolest tank in WWII, and I have always been highly disappointed that there weren't more lego Churchills in existence. So I decided to make one. As you might be able to see, it is heavily inspired by Mechanised Brick's Churchill MkVII, although it is structurally different and, from a not unbiased veiwpoint, may I say that I like mine better. As you can see, it is still a WIP and, eventually once I'm satisfied I might build it in Dark Bluish Grey, which would be cool. I would also really appreciate suggestions (especially detail, 'do X using Y method'), especially for the MkIII turret which I'm only kind of satisfied with. There are two different turrets - the orangey picture is the newer one, which is slightly more accurate The MkIII is an AVRE - a Royal Engineer tank with a large mortar and wading equipment.

Brickshelf Gallery

Posted Image
[EDIT] Resized - Sorry it was so big... =/

Edited by Rufus, 24 June 2011 - 08:16 PM.
Indexed

#2 The Who

The Who

• No more boogers

Member: 2808

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

The tank looks good, but the picture is huge. It needs to be resized to 800x600 or smaller. There are links to the tutorial on how to in most admin's signatures. :classic:
"When informed of the waiting period on guns at walmart; it is not infact witty to reply asking where the chainsaws are. Police will be notified."

Like free third person shooters? Online? You should join me on Battlefield Heroes, make sure you use this link.
Battlefield Heroes Link

#3 Joey Lock

Joey Lock

• Captain Blue Hair drives a pink scooter!

Member: 1823

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

Oh hell yeah! Haven't ever seen a AVRE done before! It's massive mortor gun was missed by history until I saw it in Company of Heroes and how it totally destroyed an entire 5 volksgrenadier squads!

Can't wait to see it tracked with a bunch of Royal Engineers!

Posted Image

God save the gracious King,
Long live the noble King,
God save the King:
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the King.

Posted Image

#4 Ezechielle

Ezechielle

Member: 6998

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

Sweet! I never have seen any Churchill tank made of LEGO and yours looks pretty sweet! Ican't wait to see the final version!
My Flickr
My Brickshelf
My Blog : LEGO Militaria

Si vous êtes francophones, n'hésitez pas à vous inscrire sur =>Brickpirate<= !

#5 Saracen

Saracen

Member: 2909

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hehe... Thanks. I realised that the Brickshelf folder wasn't public, so, in case your curious, here's what the Mark VII looks like, in Dark Grey (and in LDD). Some of the methods I used LDD doesn't think are valid, which is why there are random pieces lying about

Posted Image

#6 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

Nicely done Saracen! :thumbup: The overall design is really well-planned and executed, it really looks like the real thing.

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#7 michdav

michdav

Member: 16899

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

hello saracen, i want to build the same tank for my son but i don't find instructions, could you send me your ldd file please ? thanks a lot

#8 ManInATopHat

ManInATopHat

Member: 39467

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

Nice! You've included a lot of historically accurate detail, which I like. Great work!

Posted Image

Tally Ho Lads! Onwards!

The top hat sporting, lightsaber wielding redcoat.

#9 Flyfisher

Flyfisher

Member: 69887

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

That is so cool!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users