Hogwarts Mafia: Hog's Head

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

#51 Escape The Fate

Escape The Fate

Member: 2070

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

Are we allowed to use the photos in discussion? As in can I say "look at blah blah in the first photo"? Or should we use different wording instead of photo?

Currently Rhubarb Uxley in Hogwarts Mafia

Eugene in Noir Mafia; Edner "Eddie" Flak, the sole survivor of Galactic Paranoia; and Captain Geoffrey in Mystical Castle.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#52 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

View PostEscape The Fate, on 01 July 2010 - 09:35 PM, said:

Are we allowed to use the photos in discussion? As in can I say "look at blah blah in the first photo"? Or should we use different wording instead of photo?

Well, the characters themselves didn't actually see the situation (or any photos of it), but I don't really mind if you talk about them if you want to. Just try to remain in-character as much as possible, for optimal pleasure of playing for everyone. :wink:

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~

#53 JimBee

JimBee

• Bubbler

Member: 2436

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:28 AM

View PostSandy, on 30 June 2010 - 05:44 AM, said:

Okay, it looks like Canada is sucking in all my players, since both Dragonator and JimButcher are currently there, but since I've been informed of their absence, I'll let them join us when they get back (if it's alright with the rest of you players).

Yes, and I have to express my deepest apologies for not mentioning it before. This game completely slipped my mind before I left. I'll spend some quality time catching up on the conversations, rules, etc.

Thanks so much for your graciousness. Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 53-year-old male imp Chi Monk in the Heroica RPG

Currently playing Jerry Bergeron in Red Menace Mafia
Stats | Bio

#54 ILikePi

ILikePi

Member: 5159

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:02 AM

Sandy, I'm sorry for telling you this a bit late, but I'm going to be visiting Los Angeles, California for the weekend for my grandpa's birthday. There's a big chance that I'll have internet access while I'm there, though.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused!

Find out more about me on my WIP About Me page!
Latest LDD model: 7263 Temple Escape - Flickr - Brickshelf - My Collection (Brickset)

#55 Luke McAwesome

Luke McAwesome

• Fascinated with Johnson Willoughby's wet pants

Member: 5957

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

I'm sorry, Sandy, I wish I could've predicted the future just like my charachter, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to resign. I just don't have the time anymore.

Please give my role to someone who deserves it and will do good.

Thank you for even picking me in the first place, though. :D
I'm back, but I'm not. Sort of, but kind of... Sooo... I kind of am back. ;)

#56 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:14 AM

View PostStriker, on 03 July 2010 - 05:04 AM, said:

I'm sorry, Sandy, I wish I could've predicted the future just like my charachter, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to resign. I just don't have the time anymore.

It seems all my emphasis on "don't sign up unless you have time to play" didn't work after all. :tongue: Oh well, these things happen, and we luckily have reserves for this type of occasions.

#57 brickme

brickme

• Dead Messenger

Member: 6489

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Er... Sandy? What's the rule on Metagaming for this game? I notice quite a few people doing it.
"A lie is a lie. Just because they write it down and call it history doesn't make it the truth. We live in a world where seeing is not believing, and everything you know is wrong." -Woods
Playing as Louis Harrison, a Police Officer in Bob's Red Scare Mystery.

#58 Matn

Matn

• supermegaawesome

Member: 2084

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

I assume metagaming is using information from outside the game itself? ...Well, it's a game based on the universe of Harry Potter, so I think we may use all the information (or almost all the things we would know as outsiders 20 years laters) written in the books. I think we could image well that, 20 years after the defeat of Voldemort, we all heard the many stories of how Harry (and the gang) defeated him and what happened during his years at Hogwarts. I'm pretty sure we all heard things which happened 20 years ago, just because you heard someone telling it you. Oh, and I'm also pretty sure the rise and defeat of Lord Voldemort would be subject in History of Magic!  :tongue:

#59 brickme

brickme

• Dead Messenger

Member: 6489

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

View PostMatn, on 03 July 2010 - 05:37 PM, said:

I assume metagaming is using information from outside the game itself? *snip*
Metagaming is when people are like "Oh I read this book/watched this movie (Prohibition, dystopia, infection, etc.)They were in the same type of situation"
"A lie is a lie. Just because they write it down and call it history doesn't make it the truth. We live in a world where seeing is not believing, and everything you know is wrong." -Woods
Playing as Louis Harrison, a Police Officer in Bob's Red Scare Mystery.

#60 Matn

Matn

• supermegaawesome

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

View Postbrickme, on 03 July 2010 - 05:43 PM, said:

Metagaming is when people are like "Oh I read this book/watched this movie (Prohibition, dystopia, infection, etc.)They were in the same type of situation"
Oh, then I got it very wrong. Excuse me!  :blush: I don't find it bad people refer to those, but we should keep in mind this Hogwarts mafia is very different from the other ones.

#61 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Member: 3241

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

Learning from the past is the only way that humans can know what to do.  I think metagaming more refers to the targetting of an individual.  Such as if I were to say "Hinckley acted like this in Prohibition, and he was scum then, so he must be scum now", well, that would be metagaming.  Saying general situations that occured in previous games is more allowed.  But, I also may be wrong.  I think we need to wait for Sandy's thoughts on the matter...

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Lil' Zepher In Mafia School

#62 Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous

• RA Anniversary HP reviewer

Member: 6188

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

View PostZepher, on 03 July 2010 - 06:51 PM, said:

Learning from the past is the only way that humans can know what to do.  I think metagaming more refers to the targetting of an individual.  Such as if I were to say "Hinckley acted like this in Prohibition, and he was scum then, so he must be scum now", well, that would be metagaming.  Saying general situations that occured in previous games is more allowed.  But, I also may be wrong.  I think we need to wait for Sandy's thoughts on the matter...

I'm fairly confident you're correct. Metagaming is saying "he hasn't been scum in three games so he must be now!" or as Zepher put it, "Hinckley acted like this in Prohibition, and he was scum then, so he must be scum now".

Flickr~Brickshelf~Bricklink Store~Sale/Trade Topic
Check out my ABOUT ME page for more links!

#63 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

Metagaming is not against the rules of this game, but please remain in-character and in-universe. Referring to past Mafia games as books the character has read is alright, for example.

Day One has now ended without conviction, and you can start sending in your night actions. Since this is the first night of this game, and practically everybody has night actions, I'm unsure how long it will take to receive all the actions, process them, take photographs and post the next Day-topic, so I ask for your patience.

Oh, and iamded has replaced Striker in the role of Tea Ching. Glad you could join us!

Also, the conclusion to Day One has now been posted. Could a moderator please close that topic?

#64 Stash2Sixx

Stash2Sixx

• I am not a girl!

Member: 3094

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

View PostSandy, on 04 July 2010 - 01:28 PM, said:

Could a moderator please close that topic?

No problem. Closed.

Some people are like slinkies.  They're not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs! -Anonymous

"Life's tough...It's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#65 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

Thanks, Stash!

Oh, and a notice to the players: if you aren't going to use any night actions, please let me know that as well. At this moment I'm still missing night actions from eight players, so please keep them coming! :wink:

Edit: still missing a PM about night actions from a few players. If you don't send them in 24 hours from now, I'll take that as a sign of not wanting to use a night action.

#66 badboytje88

badboytje88

• Bad Lick

Member: 1561

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:20 PM

Oh I just can't wait for day two to begin!

#67 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

I have now sent the results of each night action to the people who used them. Day 2 will begin shortly, and then you will all see the full scale of the chaos that ensued on Night 1. :wink:

#68 Rick

Rick

• Wants to be important too! (but already is)

Member: 5261

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

View PostSandy, on 06 July 2010 - 05:24 PM, said:

Day 2 will begin shortly, and then you will all see the full scale of the chaos that ensued on Night 1. :wink:
Now you made me curious. Excellent work on the scenery by the way, it's worthwhile for the builds alone to follow the game.

#69 Professor Flitwick

Professor Flitwick

• F@$*wit Ferret

Member: 1318

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

View PostSandy, on 06 July 2010 - 05:24 PM, said:

I have now sent the results of each night action to the people who used them. Day 2 will begin shortly, and then you will all see the full scale of the chaos that ensued on Night 1. :wink:

Wow! Much faster than I expected.

May I offer a word of advice? Saying things like "see the full scale of the chaos that ensued on Night 1", can get me to a dangerous level of excitement. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a stabbing pain in my left arm!

I'm Agnostic and ambivalent about it.

Posted Image

#70 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

Great news Sandy, thanks for stepping it up with this game, I can't wait to see what happened during the night.

#71 Forresto

Forresto

• Soccor Star

Member: 6841

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

:cry_happy:I just can't stand the anticipation

"Be good or don't get caught." I tell my cats this every day - they never listen"
Link to my Flickr
Link to my 'Doctor Who' mocs

Posted Image  Thanks Joey!

#72 Matn

Matn

• supermegaawesome

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

I'm really curious what happened tonight! But take your time Sandy, as the photograps were very good and should be kept like that.  :thumbup:

#73 JimBee

JimBee

• Bubbler

Member: 2436

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

Ugh, great. Killed already.

Ah well it was fun while it lasted, and I'm glad I got to play. Thanks Sandy, and good luck to everyone else playing.  :classic:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 53-year-old male imp Chi Monk in the Heroica RPG

Currently playing Jerry Bergeron in Red Menace Mafia
Stats | Bio

#74 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

Jimbee and Oky, it was a pleasure having you in this game, so thank you. Sorry you two had to be the first ones to go, but somebody's always the first no matter what.

Oh yeah, in case you haven't noticed, Day Two is now up. :wink:

#75 Professor Flitwick

Professor Flitwick

• F@$*wit Ferret

Member: 1318

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Out of the forest came a giant three-headed dog, a descendant of the guardian of the Chamber of Secrets.

I think you mean the guardian of the third floor corridor, my dear Sandy.

I'm Agnostic and ambivalent about it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users