Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Hogwarts Mafia: Hog's Head

hm-logo-hogshead.jpg

Welcome to the Hog's Head pub in Hogsmeade, where you can sit down, relax get a nice cup of Butterbeer and discuss the Hogwarts Mafia game with your fellow players and other guests. Players should also confirm their participation to this game here.

Here are the rules of Hogwarts Mafia:

1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the
Death’s Hallowed
and the
Innocent
. The Death’s Hallowed win when they outnumber the others. The Innocent win when they’ve vanquished all of the Death’s Hallowed.

2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them with a majority decision. To vote or to draw back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post:
vote: character/player
or
unvote: character/player
. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated.

3. During days, there is a 24 hour period before anyone can vote. Once the majority decision is reached, you cannot unvote the player in question anymore.

4. Every player will get a short list of items, spells and skills at their disposal. These can be used only at nights.

5. Each night, the players can use
one
of their items, spells, OR skills by sending the host a PM about it. Some items and skills have an automatic effect, which will be handled by the host. Items can be handed over to another player, but that will cost the giver the night’s action.

6. To give someone else your item, send the
host
a PM stating the item you wish to give, the name of the player you wish to give it to, and whether you want to remain anonymous or not. Items cannot be exchanged without the host acting as an intermediary.

7. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. If you don’t send your night ability by the time limit I’ve given each day, you will miss your chance to use it.

8. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are already out of the game. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody.

9. Do not edit your posts, because it is considered unfair to other players.

10. Do not directly quote
anything
I’ve sent to you via PM. Use your own words, please.

11. All out-of-character discussion must be kept in the Discussion-topic. Likewise, all talk about game tactics and roles must be kept in the Day-topics and PMs.

12. Since this game deviates quite a lot from other Mafia-games, please ask any questions or doubts you might have directly from me, and you will be answered.

If you are a player, please read the above list thoroughly, even if you are a veteran of Mafia-games.

Here are the list of players and the characters they are playing:

Hogwarts Faculty:

hm-ava-brigelda.jpgBrigelda Hearth, nurse (WhiteFang)

hm-ava-crudo.jpgCrudo Alakhazam, teacher of Charms (Big Cam)

hm-ava-eloquence.jpgEloquence Malleus, teacher of Transfigurations (Shadows)

hm-ava-jingle.jpgJingle the House-elf (Dragonator)

hm-ava-neville.jpgNeville Longbottom, teacher of Herbology and Head of Gryffindor House (professor flitwick)

hm-ava-oraman.jpgOraman Furbad, caretaker (JimButcher)

hm-ava-rhubarb.jpgRhubarb Uxley, teacher of Care of Magical Creatures and Head of Hufflepuff House (Escape the Fate)

hm-ava-sicilia.jpgSicilia Bathory, teacher of Potions and Head of Ravenclaw House (Eskallon)

hm-ava-stephanie.jpgStephanie Kingston, librarian (Zepher)

hm-ava-tea.jpgTea Ching, teacher of Divination (Striker iamded)

Hogwarts Students:

hm-ava-angela.jpgAngela Weasley, Gryffindor (Burman)

hm-ava-brandon.jpgBrandon Townsend, Hufflepuff (Oky Wan Kenobi)

hm-ava-desiree.jpgDesiree Jackson, Gryffindor (badboytje88)

hm-ava-francis.jpgFrancis Rowan, Ravenclaw (ADHO15)

hm-ava-harriet.jpgHarriet Pewter, Slytherin (YG-49)

hm-ava-jolie.jpgJolie Jadis, Slytherin (Lord Arjay)

hm-ava-loki.jpgLoki Malfoy, Slytherin (ILikePi)

hm-ava-nene.jpgNene Grandstaff, Hufflepuff (Millacol88)

hm-ava-prion.jpgPrion the Centaur, Hufflepuff (Forresto)

hm-ava-rocky.jpgRocky Broomwell, Gryffindor (sok117 hewkii9)

hm-ava-sheila.jpgSheila Bones, Ravenclaw (Matn)

hm-ava-bulltoad.jpgTodd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode, Slytherin (Roncanator)

hm-ava-valerie.jpgValerie MacArthur, Ravenclaw (Inconspicuous)

hm-ava-xander.jpgXander Lovegood, Gryffindor (CallMePie)

Please note that all these characters were created months ago and that they were randomly assigned (by drawing lots) to the players, so any possible similarities between the players and their characters are purely coincidental.

Day One of Hogwarts Mafia will be posted as soon as all the players have confirmed their participation to this game, but on July 1st at the latest. If I don't hear from you by then, you will be replaced by one of the reserves.

All players will be getting their PM with details about their character very soon. But now, please discuss the game!

My this game looks better by the second. Awaiting my PM. :thumbup: First though, is there any reason we Slytherin don't have a house-head? Or are we just too badass for that. :tongue:

Edited by Lord Arjay

First though, is there any reason we Slytherin don't have a house-head? Or are we just too badass for that. :tongue:

Just wait for Day One to begin. :wink:

Looks like we've got a ton of twists coming our way. Exciting! I'm sure the Librian is secretly the most powerful witch, just humble. It seems that it will be fun to play, regardless of what powers we have and what side we're on.

Francis Rowan of Ravenclaw is ready to play! This is so exciting! :grin:

I can't wait to see what the story's like!

Question: are we all in the same year group or are some older and more experienced than others?

Question: are we all in the same year group or are some older and more experienced than others?

You are all in the upper years (explanation for this coming in Day One), but your specific year group will not be determined. You can choose yourself, I guess.

Very excited now. I am a Weasley :sweet:.

I can't wait for it to start.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm still a bit confused about the gameplay, but I'll get the hang of it. :thumbup: The main goal is to get in your character and then role play by posting on the specific days, at night something happens and the next day we react on it and we decide who's the bad guy?

I like what you've done with the characters' name and figures, it looks very Harry Potter-ish. Oh, and if you're looking for an image for the discussion/Hog's Head topic, feel free to use this one: http://i43.tinypic.com/2v9rwoi.png :wink:

Ms. Kingston is prepared for the events of the next few days.

Edited by Zepher

All the private messages should be sent now. If for some reason you didn't get yours, let me know asap.

Yay, I'm excited! :grin:

And much thanks to Matn, we now have a fresh new logo for this topic. :grin:

No problem, Sandy.

And participation confirmed. I'm really looking forward to the game with these character details. It's just fun to have such a game in the world of Harry Potter, because almost anything can be thought of to be used as background information. I just hope I won't make any mistakes! :tongue:

Changing my avatar and signature as we speak!

Not much of a change from your previous character, but it was really just a big coincident, I swear! :laugh:

Prion reporting from the Forbidden Forest! I must say i'm glad to be learning magic along with you Hoo-mons!

Professor Eloquence Malleus, at your service. Following in the proud tradition set forth by those who came before me, our esteemed Head Mistress McGonagall and before her, the late lamented Albus Dumbledore, I am pleased to be able to instruct you in the art of Transfigurations, one of the most important skills you will learn during your time here at Hogwarts. The most difficult aspect is applying the proper wisdom to transfigure yourselves from children into proper and respectable adults. I hope to be able to guide you in that direction.

Nurse%20Brigelda%20Hearth.jpg

My very very first female character in a mafia game! :wub:

I am Nurse Brigelda Hearth, reporting in. Right now, there are no students reporting sick during classes.