Any musically talented folks on here?

65 replies to this topic

#26 The Crazy One

The Crazy One

Member: 3823

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

I got my triple diploma at my school when I was 15-19. That was in cello, piano and singing. I also play bass guitar in a band with my mates. I never really took any exams for bass because for me it's all about fun. ;)

#27 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:41 PM

Played alto sax for two years, snare for one (grade skool to Jr. High). Currently playing/learning acoustic 1975 Yamaha YF-75, electric 2010 Ibanez GiO, and 70's Kalamazoo bass guitar. Plan to get cheap drum set in the future. I can also sing, I wouldn't say Idol worthy, but have a decent range of pitches as well as a good ability to closely match voices from vocalists to cartoon characters. Although my instrument of choice is the car; play that thing like  a bat outa hell! :grin:

Edited by Leg Godt Gud, 12 February 2011 - 01:51 PM.

-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#28 Enpaz

Enpaz

Member: 14370

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Could say so, I'm playing piano and electric guitar.

Guitar I only rather recently started, but I am quite good at the piano which I've played for more than 7 years now, I think. It's hard to keep track.

Music is great.

Enpaz
:classic:

(Click here if you'd like to do business with me)

#29 Jedd the Jedi

Jedd the Jedi

Member: 15922

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

Hmm, calling it a "talent" is a bit of stretch, but I love playing the violin for fun. I stopped taking formal lessons ten years ago (stopped at ABRSM Grade 5, Disntinction!) but made up my mind never to lose my touch, and to keep playing whatever music I like. It tends to be music from movies and musicals - Disney songs pop up pretty often.

Here are some links to some of my violin videos on YouTube. The earlier ones have horrible sound quality because I was using my camera to record it; the current ones are recorded with a proper microphone.

I'll Be There For You, from Friends
The Only Exception by Paramore
That Thing You Do, from the movie "That Thing You Do!"
I See the Light, from Disney's Tangled

Would really love to hear any comments!
Brickshelf gallery!

Movie reviews and other ramblings!

"I think Jedds comics are the most genius ones here, not to put anybody else's down. :wink:" - DobbyClone on the Star Wars Single-Pane Funnies thread
My proudest moment!

#30 Tanotrooper

Tanotrooper

• TT Commander

Member: 1514

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

Time to revive this thread!  :laugh:

Music has been very important for me since I was a child and I think the soundtracks from the Star Wars (my god, I remember the first time I heard duel of the fates...) and Disney movies (Hunchback of the Notre Dame etc.) have had the most influence upon me. I however vowed not to take music classes until I reached a certain form of maturity and was certain of my decision. (I have known many people that played an instrument as a child and got sick of it by their teenage years.)

Eventually, I chose to begin my music 'career' at the final year of secondary school. I wanted to be able to play the piano, violin and (military) drum in the following years, and piano seemed like the best option to start with. I always liked that a piano makes the sound you want to hear by pressing the key instead of wrestling to make the sound clear. (Flute, violin,...)

Well despite all odds I was able to play 'comptine d'un autre été' by Yann Tiersen by the end of the year on my proclamation. (audience of 400+ , an anmazing experience I'll never forget. Most couldn't believe it was my first year of piano.  :grin: )

I'm now in my second year of piano and music theory. (Ended as the first of the class for theory with 94%  :sweet: ) I'm mostly playing with I define as 'epic' music: powerful, honest music that plays deeply on our emotions.
I do not like songs that are pretending to be like those like 'sad music made for the sole purpose of sobbing'.  :tongue:

Recently, I've begun recording my songs and these are the only two uploaded so far:

Songs that I'll upload soon: Yiruma - River flows in you / John Williams - Battle of the heroes / ...

I've also started composing recently and have more or less finished a piece. The hardest part however is to find an appropriate name for the song!  :laugh:

Life has a funny way of turning out since I'm now planning to go to the conservatory in a few years, training my music theory in the meantime. I'm planning on learning to play the violin in a year or so and I've also began experimenting with a flute and a melodica I got from my family.  :laugh:  I hope to make some brickfilms that incorporate my music aswell.

That's it for now but I'll let you know when I've uploaded something new. (Or you can always subsribe to my youtube channel!  :wink: )

Gaetano
http://www.brickshel...i?m=Tanotrooper
Project Waterloo 1815: FINISHED AT THE MOMENT: 2 companies of the 1st bataillon of "le 45ème regiment d'infanterie de ligne" (pic=link)

Posted Image
  Posted Image
flickr

#31 Buttons

Buttons

Member: 4104

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

I have played Piano for about 10 years, drums for around 8 and I have picked up electric bass in the last few months. I am planning on doing a music related course at Uni. Music has had a profound effect on me.
Now that you've found it, it's gone
Now that you feel it, you don't
You've gone off the rails

#32 johnny cogs

johnny cogs

Member: 17328

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

Guess I should chip in too.....

Posted Image

Alright, alright, quit laughing... yes that's me in the middle... it's the best photo I have.... and I know the venue looks daft too, but we just don't have any proper venues round our way, so pubs it is....

http://www.youtube.com/liarsdicemusic

A link to our youtube page....

Well, I say our... this band's dead now.... but still, no harm in still feeling a bit proud!!!

Edited by johnny cogs, 15 June 2011 - 09:08 AM.

Posted Image

#33 dr jones

dr jones

Member: 3263

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

Can't believe I missed this thread! Music is my first love, maybe even bigger than my love for Lego so that says alot. :tongue:

I started playing trombone but only did that for about a year, I loved the instrument (still do) and I was pretty good at it but it just didn't feel right. About the same time I picked up my dad's classical guitar and started learning myself some tunes.

After a year I bought my first electric guitar, an Epiphone SG and started to follow lessons for it.

Now I'm in my second year, I play on a Fender Jaguar, a Fender accoustic and the old classical guitar which it all started with.

Also I'm learning myself piano, harmonica, keyboard, and I'm going to play Bass guitar and the ukelele. I sing but only out of necessity, I'm not that good of a singer.

I love composing music myself and covering other people's work.

Some of my tunes:

Falling Leaves

Riding

Give Me TIme

And some covers with a twist:

Pokerface

God Save The Queen

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by dr jones, 15 June 2011 - 12:50 PM.

we're all a litle mad here
especially me. Our class:
Posted Image

#34 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Let's see...I started out playing piano, which I played for about three years.  I then quite piano and moved onto guitar.  Which I've now been playing for about three years as well.  I'm in the youth band at my church and we've already given one performance and we're going to be giving another on here soon.  Sometime in the next couple of months we're going to open for a band at their concert.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 43.8 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #102
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#35 DetroitBricks

DetroitBricks

Member: 18719

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

Are there any other musicians out there on the EB forums? I am a semi-professional big band/jazz trumpet and flugelhorn player.

#36 dragunov

dragunov

Member: 12536

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

I do vocals/ rythme guitar in a small time Metalcore band.

Hironami kyotoki level 1 Knight
         Tenrai female 22yrs old
         Health: 10 Gold: 10
         Items: Tenrai Doki (WP:3), kyotoki family shield(SP:2), potion

#37 K-Nut

K-Nut

Member: 19691

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

Already got one. :wink:

My definition: To play a musical instrument is to be able to get sound out of it. So I can play any one of them.  :laugh:

Oh, you mean to play well? Let's see, I've been playing trumpet since 5th grade and would say I'm pretty good at it. And that's about it.
My Collection

Posted Image

Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats

#38 Pandora

Pandora

• Hide the Zebras!

Member: 15845

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

View PostK-nut, on 03 September 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

Indeed we do.  Merging....

EDIT: and merged.
Heroica RPG - Nyx Level 30.25 BattleMage

in girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

A link to all my Reviews and other stuff about me can be found on my "About Me" page, and pics are on flickr

#39 DetroitBricks

DetroitBricks

Member: 18719

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

I play jazz/lead trumpet as well as jazz flugelhorn. I play semi-professionally and attend jam sessions in the Detroit area at local clubs.

Edited by DetroitBricks, 05 September 2011 - 05:53 PM.

#40 dr jones

dr jones

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

View PostK-nut, on 03 September 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

[url="http://www.eurobrick...owtopic=43232"]
My definition: To play a musical instrument is to be able to get sound out of it. So I can play any one of them.  :laugh:

Ow yeah? You try getting any sound out of a trombone when you first get it into your hands. The only thing you'll get is a red head. :tongue:
Posted Image

#41 dr jones

dr jones

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

Sorry for bumping this one, and it seems ths makes it a double post as well.  :look:

But I came up with two songs I felt I needed to share, If it's not appropriate to do this, please let me know, and I won't do it anymore.

But here they are:

One's a cover of the late Hendrix.

Little wing

And the other's an original.

Izabella blues

All instruments are played by me, and I hope to make a lego videoclip for the latter some day.  :wink:
Posted Image

#42 Alopex

Alopex

• RCB Commander too

Member: 8105

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

I wouldn't say I'm talented but I played the piano for a few years and recently started making electronic music.  :classic:

Posted Image

Won as married Villager Angela Fairfax (aka Little Bunny Foo-Foo) in Slut Cock Applesauce Werewolf Mafia
Died as scummy evil Franklin Fox in Fabuland Housewives!
Died as lazy Ali "Periscope" Perry in Bloodbrick II.
WON as Harley Quinn in Gotham City Mafia
Won as Yakuza stay at home dad Shiro in Yakuza Family Mafia.
Died, but Won as scummydummy Alopex in Eurobricks Mafia.

#43 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Music and Lego are my two main hobbies! I play piano and bassoon.

Edited by purpleparadox, 20 February 2012 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image

#44 legomonk

legomonk

Member: 20122

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

I play bass badly in a punk band called "A New Hope". I have played in a lot of hardcore punk and ska bands since I was a kid. I also play trumpet and trombone.
Posted Image

the answer to your question is yes I have a Lego tattoo. Minifig count is at 768!

#45 JimBee

JimBee

• Bubbler

Member: 2436

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

I used to play viola (larger version of a violin with different strings, basically, for those who aren't familiar with it), but I quit some time ago. Now I play piano on occasion and sing when I think no one is listening. :blush: Sometime in the future I would like to learn bass/guitar.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 53-year-old male imp Chi Monk in the Heroica RPG

Currently playing Jerry Bergeron in Red Menace Mafia
Stats | Bio

#46 Studio Draven

Studio Draven

Member: 26807

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

I've been making electronic music since the early 90s; a couple of bands (one was featured on an Electric Ballroom compilation here in the Uk along with Depeche Mode, Killing Joke, Ultraviolence and others) and now I'm doing solo stuff.
http://redjackal.bandcamp.com/
I have my own studio here in Scotland with a 24 track digital recording setup, various programs, a bucketload of VSTis, and some hardware synths & samplers.

#47 Owenicus

Owenicus

Member: 27256

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

I play trumpet and guitar, both of which I would say I'm pretty good at. ;)  For guitar, I like playing instrumental rock. :D

#48 Javert

Javert

Member: 14889

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm a singer, I have been singing for 9 years now, and I want to do Musical Theatre when I leave school!

If anyone's interested, here's some of my vocal covers

Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

I can play the piano, coustic guitar, and the ukulele. I also can still play the recorder from elementary school from way back when. If that counts. :grin:

#50 Palathadric

Palathadric

• Makes other members' internet speeds seem ridiculously fast

Member: 19379

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

I've played drums, bass, acoustic guitar, and electric guitar live. Have tried my hand at recording and producing a bit, but I'm still quite a newbie. Wrote a number of songs as well and I like to think that I can sing. :blush:
They that love God will never meet for the last time.
This life isn't the end. We will meet again.
Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image
Brickshelf Account
See my work in the Official Lego sets made in LDraw topic

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users