General Discussion and Announcements

• Please log in to reply
1482 replies to this topic

#1201 Shadows

Shadows

• Free Online Spell Checker

Member: 1558

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Rule update for mafia players and hosts. As both a reminder and an adjustment for the sake of clarity and in light of the recent trend towards deadboards and 'team wins', the following rule update should be carefully read and understood.

If you are dead, your game is over. You may not comment on the game to any living or dead players in any form, unless there is a host sponsored offsite location for that ("deadboard"). This includes posting, private messaging, direct chat, email or any other form of online or offline communication. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. The same applies for living players making contact with those who are no longer playing, no matter what the stated purpose. Both situations can appear to be an attempt to gain information or cause influence that would be unfair to the remaining living players. Whether you are still playing or have already died, if you are contacted inappropriately, please notify the host immediately.

Thanks!

-- Eurobricks Games Staff

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#1202 JimBee

JimBee

• Shroom Eating Cultist

Member: 2436

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

So after this rule, an instance like the one in Ragnarok where the dead scum team is allowed to talk to their living teammates, is not allowed, even if the host okays it?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 54-year-old male imp Alchemist, and

Jinnipher Buchaire, 76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

in the Heroica RPG

Wiki

#1203 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

I disapprove of dead players helping living ones no matter what side they are on, so generally yes, unless the host specifically gives permission for it. After all it is the host's game, and they may make their rules as they see fit, within reason. However as a general note to hosts, you better have a damn good reason for allowing it because I certainly do not approve! Once a player is dead, they are no longer playing; that should be the end of it.

I'm also not a huge fan of this new "deadboard" trend, I've never been on one and never read one, but they seem like a seething Den of problems to an old dragon like me. :laugh: Perhaps with the rule clarification above they will not be a problem. :thumbup:

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#1204 def

def

• White Reggaeist

Member: 4268

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

View PostDragonator, on 20 November 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

I'm also not a huge fan of this new "deadboard" trend, I've never been on one and never read one, but they seem like a seething Den of problems to an old dragon like me. :laugh: Perhaps with the rule clarification above they will not be a problem. :thumbup:
Maybe if you died more, you could get a chance to use them :wink:

I'll take some of the responsibility of bringing it to EB.  I think Bloodbrick was the first :blush:  They actually seem more of a requirement here than on other sites.  It's a way of keeping the other players following the game after it's over.  Most sites hold mafia games over a 5-10 day period, so it's not so hard to stay involved, but this site has games that run five-six weeks average, so a lot of players lose interest after they die.  For that reason, having a place to spout theories is good.  EB sometimes has participation problems with living players, much less dead ones.

But, the rules hold that they should not speak to the "living," in any way.  Furthermore, the scum should never reveal any secrets, and the host shouldn't reaveal anything either, in case there is too much temptation for dead to help their partners.  I know it's not clearly stated, but that's a rule of deadboards.  I know one or two games here where scum revealed their teammates (I think, maybe it was the host), and that's a no-no.

So, I still support the idea and use of deadboards, but support emphasizing that there are rules on how to fairly use them

I am a Satanist and not ashamed.

My Facebook! My Tumblr My Book!

#1205 Shadows

Shadows

• Free Online Spell Checker

Member: 1558

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

View PostJimButcher, on 19 November 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

So after this rule, an instance like the one in Ragnarok where the dead scum team is allowed to talk to their living teammates, is not allowed, even if the host okays it?
I have to agree with Draggy, here, it really should be discouraged, but obviously it's up to the host. I would add that if a host is going to allow a scum team that advantage, it should be clearly stated somewhere that all players can see.

View Postdef, on 20 November 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

So, I still support the idea and use of deadboards, but support emphasizing that there are rules on how to fairly use them
Agreed. I think up to this point, we've failed to catch up to the trend and make rules to cover the situation clearly, a situation that should be corrected.

I'm still not fond of them, I think people have a hard time resisting the urge to reveal too much in their enthusiasm, which is why I generally avoid them unless anything I say there will be pure speculation and not based on actual game info.

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

#1206 fhomess

fhomess

• Vote: Officemate (Scum)

Member: 16014

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

As someone who's still developing my mafia game, I appreciate the deadboard as a place to spout theories with the other dead players in hopes that I can play along with the remaining few days and learn something.  If everyone agrees not to share what they learn there with living players, then I think it works out fine.

Now playing as Major Dave in Blacktron Mafia.

#1207 Mencot

Mencot

• is not a puppy...

Member: 23524

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

One question, this as probably been asked many times but when will an new mafia school game be run. I always miss out on them and it would be very fun and intresting to take part in the roleplayign games that are here on EB. Are there any castle themed mafias planned? :grin:

*The only True Side is the Blue Side*

MyBricklink store    Myflickr
EB Mafia history:

Aperture Academy Mafia (Mafia school). Silvercity Mafia. CMF Mafia I.  Hinckley´s Minimal Mafia. Ragnarök Now Redux. TrumpetKing´s CMF Mafia 2. Mafia Sunset. Jamesn´s Red Menace Mafia. Def´s The Cosplay (Mafia school) Partylines Mafia. Walter Kovacs Unrest in the forest mafia. Def´s Cosplay II Pelly´s Paradise.

Now playing as:

Mist in Ragnarök 3

Keliim the barbarian in Heroica RPG

#1208 PsyKater

PsyKater

• I am Adriano. Please be nice.

Member: 30022

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

You could take part in Heroica while you are waiting ;)
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)

Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer

Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!

#1209 Mencot

Mencot

• is not a puppy...

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Thats true but Heroica and GoH is one of the reasons I joined EB... and that was over a year ago and I haven´t joined any of them still :blush:
Maybe I should give Heroica an other look :sweet:

EB Mafia history:

Aperture Academy Mafia (Mafia school). Silvercity Mafia. CMF Mafia I.  Hinckley´s Minimal Mafia. Ragnarök Now Redux. TrumpetKing´s CMF Mafia 2. Mafia Sunset. Jamesn´s Red Menace Mafia. Def´s The Cosplay (Mafia school) Partylines Mafia. Walter Kovacs Unrest in the forest mafia. Def´s Cosplay II Pelly´s Paradise.

Now playing as:

Mist in Ragnarök 3

#1210 PsyKater

PsyKater

• I am Adriano. Please be nice.

Member: 30022

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Yes, you should! xD If you have any questions feel free to ask. If I have time I can help you in private. Otherwise I advise you zo use the Heroica Index, starting from the top. You do not have to understand everything, only the basics. Just start and have fun.
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)

Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer

Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!

#1211 Mencot

Mencot

• is not a puppy...

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

Okey thanks psykater, I will check it out. And will ask for help, if I don´t get some stuff :laugh:

EB Mafia history:

Now playing as:

Mist in Ragnarök 3

#1212 Bob

Bob

• Existential Iffy-ness

Member: 3487

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image

Coming Soon...

Click the Spock to see the guided tour through Lexington, my city.
Bob from various Mafia Games

Bock

Brickshelf

#1213 Professor Flitwick

Professor Flitwick

• F@$*wit Ferret

Member: 1318

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostBob, on 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Coming Soon...

Another Mafia, or your return to Mystery games?

I'm Agnostic and ambivalent about it.

Posted Image

#1214 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostBob, on 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

Coming Soon...

Ooh, Mafia intrigue between Helsinki and Stockholm! :grin:

I simply have to participate in this, whatever the game is. :wink:

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour and Quintessa of Heartland in Heroica RPG~

#1215 Bob

Bob

• Existential Iffy-ness

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Another Mafia Game.

It's not based on the actual Viking line, I just liked the name and needed something that looked like a LEGO Cruise Ship without stealing someones MOC. Plus I can't build boats.

Bock

Brickshelf

#1216 Etzel

Etzel

• Me Want Ducky!!!!

Member: 2625

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostBob, on 06 January 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Another Mafia Game.

It's not based on the actual Viking line, I just liked the name and needed something that looked like a LEGO Cruise Ship without stealing someones MOC. Plus I can't build boats.
Just make sure your characters are constantly drunk and behave bad in all imaginable ways and it will be just as on the real cruises, perfect scene for a mafia game. :drunk:

#1217 Bob

Bob

• Existential Iffy-ness

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

I prefer this over Excalibur 3.0...

Bock

Brickshelf

#1218 LegoDad

LegoDad

• Hinck's New Hero

Member: 23098

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

When/where would a guy find out if there is going to be another mafia school game?  I have followed a few and would be interested in getting to know more about them.  They appear to be fun, thought provoking games, but I've never done something like it.  It appears you need to go through a sort of training to get to the "big leagues".  Thanks for any info.

#1219 Pandora

Pandora

• Evil Jiminy

Member: 15845

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Bob, a Mafia on a cruise ship sounds extremely tempting! :thumbup:

View PostLegoDad, on 06 January 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

When/where would a guy find out if there is going to be another mafia school game?  I have followed a few and would be interested in getting to know more about them.  They appear to be fun, thought provoking games, but I've never done something like it.  It appears you need to go through a sort of training to get to the "big leagues".  Thanks for any info.
Any new Mafia School games will be announced here, in the General Discussion and Announcements topic, although I'm not sure if there are any upcoming Mafia School games. You do indeed need to play a Mafia School game, and pass, in order to apply for the Advanced games. The Mafia School games usually involve teaching you the basics of how to play.
I was Petrus Fire-Starter, "A beacon of light in a world of darkness" in TPRU's Ragnarök Now.

A link to all my Reviews and other stuff about me can be found on my "About Me" page, and pics are on flickr

Posted Image

#1220 TrumpetKing

TrumpetKing

• O type hirrobly

Member: 27420

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Yes,Bob, this mafia game looks incredibly exciting!! I can't wait to see more details later!
Currently playing as Trevor Knowles Toki, frightened villager in TinyPiesRUs' Ragnarok 3

Isaac - FabuGirl - Trisha - TrumpetKing67 - Diane - Li'l TrumpetKing - Twatty Tittlesteen - Usurper - Tristan Kingsley - Mercutio Robertson - Terrence Knox - Cohost - Tumi "Tumius Aximus" - Mercutio Robertson the Sequel - Tiffany Knightley - Trevor Knowles - Linda Cook -Toki

#1221 Scouty

Scouty

• 6 weeks late to the party!

Member: 863

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

I'll wait for The Pearl 2.0 :tongue: !
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#1222 def

def

• White Reggaeist

Member: 4268

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

New game sign up is here.  Theme to be announced.
http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77887

I am a Satanist and not ashamed.

My Facebook! My Tumblr My Book!

#1223 Bob

Bob

• Existential Iffy-ness

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostScouty, on 07 January 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

I'll wait for The Pearl 2.0 :tongue: !

Oh god, don't even say that.

Bock

Brickshelf

#1224 TrumpetKing

TrumpetKing

• O type hirrobly

Member: 27420

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

After playing in Heartlake Heartbreak, and while I'm still playing in EB Mafia, I have come to the conclusion that there needs to be a Heroes vs. Villains Mafia (And by Villains, I mean people that play like dicks). If someone were to make that, I can imagine a lot of confusion in the day threads. ("Do we trust the heroes? What if they're actually scum?") Or even better, a game featuring Mafia's most notorious players. The lurkers! :tongue:
Currently playing as Trevor Knowles Toki, frightened villager in TinyPiesRUs' Ragnarok 3

Isaac - FabuGirl - Trisha - TrumpetKing67 - Diane - Li'l TrumpetKing - Twatty Tittlesteen - Usurper - Tristan Kingsley - Mercutio Robertson - Terrence Knox - Cohost - Tumi "Tumius Aximus" - Mercutio Robertson the Sequel - Tiffany Knightley - Trevor Knowles - Linda Cook -Toki

#1225 Brickington

Brickington

• It's Tuesday somewhere, right?

Member: 28288

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Is there a Mafia School coming up?

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users