Jump to content


Major board upgrade


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
474 replies to this topic

#201 JCC1004

JCC1004

    Posts: 2044
    Joined: 29-December 08
    Member: 4845
    Country: United States

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

Dear staff,

I really love the banner options and I wanted to make a request, if you could add the one in the Mafia Games Forum to the list. I really love the solid figures in frames. I know this may be difficult but if it isn't too much I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Best regards,
JCC

Edited by JCC1004, 15 July 2010 - 06:43 AM.


#202 Shadows

Shadows

  • Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.


    Posts: 14555
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

View PostJCC1004, on 15 July 2010 - 06:39 AM, said:

I know this may be difficult but if it isn't too much I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
After slaving away at it all night, it's available. *wipes the sweat off his brow* No no, it was no trouble or anything ... :sadnew:

:wink:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#203 RileyC

RileyC

  • >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3


    Posts: 2999
    Joined: 10-February 09
    Member: 5251
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:49 AM

Not to be a drag, again. :tongue: But when was the "Topics in this forum" banner put in place? Its nice but isnt it sort of redundant because you went into that forum to look at those topics. But then your being told by the banner the topics in there? It may look nicer if in the 'summer' forums it was the same colour as the dark blue and not a new light pale blue. :classic:

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia


#204 Shadows

Shadows

  • Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.


    Posts: 14555
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

View PostRoncanator, on 15 July 2010 - 10:49 AM, said:

Not to be a drag, again. :tongue: But when was the "Topics in this forum" banner put in place? Its nice but isnt it sort of redundant because you went into that forum to look at those topics. But then your being told by the banner the topics in there? It may look nicer if in the 'summer' forums it was the same colour as the dark blue and not a new light pale blue. :classic:
Screenshot, please. I don't know what you're talking about. :laugh:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#205 Rick

Rick

  • Subtle like a hammer


    Posts: 7820
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

View PostShadows, on 15 July 2010 - 02:21 PM, said:

Screenshot, please. I don't know what you're talking about. :laugh:
Right below the 'Announcements' and above the (pinned) topics. I think it's because of the addition of announcements on all(?) forums now.

#206 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14448
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

View PostRoncanator, on 15 July 2010 - 10:49 AM, said:

Not to be a drag, again. :tongue: But when was the "Topics in this forum" banner put in place? Its nice but isnt it sort of redundant because you went into that forum to look at those topics. But then your being told by the banner the topics in there? It may look nicer if in the 'summer' forums it was the same colour as the dark blue and not a new light pale blue. :classic:
It's only there temporary until everyone learns to post with proper punctuation and capitalization  :tongue:

Once the announcement is gone that line will disappear automatically.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#207 JCC1004

JCC1004

    Posts: 2044
    Joined: 29-December 08
    Member: 4845
    Country: United States

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:18 PM

View PostShadows, on 15 July 2010 - 10:32 AM, said:

After slaving away at it all night, it's available. *wipes the sweat off his brow* No no, it was no trouble or anything ... :sadnew:

:wink:
Thanks Shadows. :grin:

Best regards,
JCC

EDIT: I know this probably can't be fixed but the background colour for the skin is black and you can't read most of the member profiles unless you highlight them.

Edited by JCC1004, 16 July 2010 - 02:35 AM.


#208 RileyC

RileyC

  • >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3


    Posts: 2999
    Joined: 10-February 09
    Member: 5251
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:39 AM

View PostShadows, on 15 July 2010 - 02:21 PM, said:

Screenshot, please. I don't know what you're talking about. :laugh:
here it is, :classic: Its just below announcements but above the topics
Posted Image

Edited by Roncanator, 16 July 2010 - 02:42 AM.

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia


#209 Shadows

Shadows

  • Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.


    Posts: 14555
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:14 AM

View PostJCC1004, on 15 July 2010 - 11:18 PM, said:

EDIT: I know this probably can't be fixed but the background colour for the skin is black and you can't read most of the member profiles unless you highlight them.
IPB, for reasons I will never guess, made their default skin with only light backgrounds in mind. As a result, they didn't define background colours for lots of little sections that would need them if you did use a dark background. That's one of them. The "previous/current/next" forum links was another. There were many more. Fortunately, I know where to stick those background colours to make it work, and now it does. :thumbup:

It should be noted, however, that some skins were never intended to work in all areas, so there might be little oddities when viewing profiles or messages. For the most part, they should all be capable of doing the job, you just have to overlook the weird bits where they happen to be. Or report them here, it's a good way to get them fixed.

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#210 JCC1004

JCC1004

    Posts: 2044
    Joined: 29-December 08
    Member: 4845
    Country: United States

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:32 AM

View PostShadows, on 16 July 2010 - 03:14 AM, said:

IPB, for reasons I will never guess, made their default skin with only light backgrounds in mind. As a result, they didn't define background colours for lots of little sections that would need them if you did use a dark background. That's one of them. The "previous/current/next" forum links was another. There were many more. Fortunately, I know where to stick those background colours to make it work, and now it does. :thumbup:

It should be noted, however, that some skins were never intended to work in all areas, so there might be little oddities when viewing profiles or messages. For the most part, they should all be capable of doing the job, you just have to overlook the weird bits where they happen to be. Or report them here, it's a good way to get them fixed.
Thanks again Shadows. :classic: At least you got it to work for the information under the profile picture. That's all I really needed. I do understand that some may not work properly in areas. Thanks for helping me out.

JCC

#211 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

  • Stormed Out


    Posts: 4663
    Joined: 25-November 07
    Member: 2221
    Country: Canada

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

Another thing, after upgrading to Safari 5, whenever I click reply or edit, it allows me to do so, but takes me to a different already open tab. Posted Image  This wasn't an issue with the older versions of Safari, so it may not be a fault of the forum.

#212 RileyC

RileyC

  • >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3


    Posts: 2999
    Joined: 10-February 09
    Member: 5251
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:49 AM

View PostRicecracker, on 22 July 2010 - 04:33 AM, said:

Another thing, after upgrading to Safari 5, whenever I click reply or edit, it allows me to do so, but takes me to a different already open tab. Posted Image  This wasn't an issue with the older versions of Safari, so it may not be a fault of the forum.
Its part of the new version of safari. You should be able to change it in the settings. :classic:

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia


#213 Fugazi

Fugazi

  • Welcome to Eurobricks. How can I help you?


    Posts: 3928
    Joined: 08-January 10
    Member: 8966
    Country: Canada

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:07 AM

It's not a big complaint, and overall I'm extremely fond of the new board, but I find that the members search page is less informative than it used to be. For instance, it used to feature the date of the last post (or visit?) of a member, so that we could see at a glance if the person was still active on EB or not. And the new layout kind of wastes a lot of space while displaying less information than before. I think the grid layout worked better.

And I liked having the basic sorting tools (show...by...order...results) always visible at the top of the page, instead of having to press a button then scroll to the bottom of the advanced options panel. Maybe some compromise could be reached? Like either reinstating the basic options to the top of the main page, or at least migrating them to the top of the advanced options panel?

These are really minor issues I know, and as I mentioned, they don't detract from what I think is a greatly improved board! :thumbup:
New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#214 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19343
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

View PostFugazi, on 22 July 2010 - 11:07 AM, said:

These are really minor issues I know, and as I mentioned, they don't detract from what I think is a greatly improved board! :thumbup:
Do be aware that we didn't make any of the changes; the guys that make the software did. We tweaked it a lot to make this board as much like the old as we could, but in many cases we didn't want to, or it would simply take too long. As for your specific examples;

Last Active; it's still there. Left side, second box.
Member search; yeah I agree. I might try to change that in time.





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#215 Fugazi

Fugazi

  • Welcome to Eurobricks. How can I help you?


    Posts: 3928
    Joined: 08-January 10
    Member: 8966
    Country: Canada

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

View PostSiegfried, on 22 July 2010 - 11:29 AM, said:

Do be aware that we didn't make any of the changes; the guys that make the software did. We tweaked it a lot to make this board as much like the old as we could, but in many cases we didn't want to, or it would simply take too long.
Yes I figured as much, but of course I can't really tell which changes were approved by the admins and which were just unavoidable.

View PostSiegfried, on 22 July 2010 - 11:29 AM, said:

As for your specific examples;
Last Active; it's still there. Left side, second box.
Second box? I only can see it by clicking on the magnifying glass. And I would rather have it on the main page (maybe instead of the 'views' count which I don't find really useful). But that's just my opinion!

View PostSiegfried, on 22 July 2010 - 11:29 AM, said:

Member search; yeah I agree. I might try to change that in time.
Thanks!
New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#216 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19343
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

View PostFugazi, on 22 July 2010 - 11:51 AM, said:

Yes I figured as much, but of course I can't really tell which changes were approved by the admins and which were just unavoidable.
True. When I get around to it (  :tongue:  ) and find the time (  :tongue:  ) I might make a topic discussing this to get an idea of what changes people have grown to like and what ones people still find annoying. Some, like the profile page, would be too big a change and to be honest I like it. The funny thing is that the last board had a similar feature but it was an option; with the new board you have no choice.

View PostFugazi, on 22 July 2010 - 11:51 AM, said:

Second box? I only can see it by clicking on the magnifying glass. And I would rather have it on the main page (maybe instead of the 'views' count which I don't find really useful). But that's just my opinion!
I'm not sure who's confused!  So you don't mean this?
lastactive.jpg





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#217 Fugazi

Fugazi

  • Welcome to Eurobricks. How can I help you?


    Posts: 3928
    Joined: 08-January 10
    Member: 8966
    Country: Canada

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

View PostSiegfried, on 22 July 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:

I'm not sure who's confused! So you don't mean this?
Oh yeah, sorry, that's exactly what I meant! This Last Active info used to be out there on the members list, now it's only available upon clicking on the magnifying glass by each member's name. I just thought it was useful to have it on the main search page (like it was before the upgrade) instead of within the magnifying glass window.

Posted Image
New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#218 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19343
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

View PostFugazi, on 22 July 2010 - 01:34 PM, said:

Oh yeah, sorry, that's exactly what I meant! This Last Active info used to be out there on the members list, now it's only available upon clicking on the magnifying glass by each member's name. I just thought it was useful to have it on the main search page (like it was before the upgrade) instead of within the magnifying glass window.
:tongue: It seems we were both confused; especially me. Yeah I agree; "views" there is a worthless stat.





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#219 JimBee

JimBee

  • Bubbler


    Posts: 9701
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2436
    Country: USA

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:00 PM

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I have a question about the new PM system.

At the top of a PM conversation, there's a little box that shows the participants of the conversation. I'm guessing this means you can have three or more people in a conversation now (which is useful, to say the least, especially for forum games). In fact, I think I've seen one conversation where there was three people able to view it. My question is, how do you start or join a conversation with more than two people? Does it work like the CC ability, only granted to Fellows and Staff (and under special circumstances, other members)?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 53-year-old male imp Chi Monk in the Heroica RPG

Currently playing Jerry Bergeron in Red Menace Mafia
Stats | Bio


#220 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14448
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

View PostJimButcher, on 20 August 2010 - 10:00 PM, said:

At the top of a PM conversation, there's a little box that shows the participants of the conversation. I'm guessing this means you can have three or more people in a conversation now (which is useful, to say the least, especially for forum games). In fact, I think I've seen one conversation where there was three people able to view it. My question is, how do you start or join a conversation with more than two people? Does it work like the CC ability, only granted to Fellows and Staff (and under special circumstances, other members)?
This is a new feature that came with upgrade. Till now we have restricted the feature to staff and fellows because we don't want the creation of "private forums" with only limited groups of people. We might re-evaluate this in the future and open the feature to more groups, but this is not yet decided.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#221 Jammiedodger

Jammiedodger

  • Halfway through Englishman


    Posts: 2303
    Joined: 02-September 08
    Member: 3865
    Country: England

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

I'm trying to send a reply in a Conversation, but it says it can't send it due to the 'Array'. What do I need to do? I never had this problem before the upgrade...

'The following errors were found
Array

This personal message has not been sent'


This comes up after I hit the 'Send' buttton thus redirecting me to the 'Edit Message' page. :sceptic:

Then when I edit it, it says NO_EDIT_PERMISSION.


Help! :cry_sad:



Nevermind. I got rid of some of the quotes and I could send it. :thumbup:

Edited by Jammiedodger714, 21 August 2010 - 03:19 PM.


#222 Eskallon

Eskallon

  • Plays with His Ponies in the Corner of His Exploding Glass House


    Posts: 1920
    Joined: 21-November 08
    Member: 4444
    Country: United States

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

I cannot access my messenger on the Ipad or on my phone as when I select the drop down menu it links straight to my profile page. Is there any way I can acess it another way without receiving a PM?

#223 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 15884
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

View PostEskallon, on 22 August 2010 - 04:18 PM, said:

I cannot access my messenger on the Ipad or on my phone as when I select the drop down menu it links straight to my profile page. Is there any way I can acess it another way without receiving a PM?
I don't have an official solution but I could share a tip with you. Don't read an unimportant PM and used it as a gateway to read the rest of your PMs via the outstanding number of PMs upon login. As long you don't read it, you will be able to gain access to the rest of your conversations. Hope it helps.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#224 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19343
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:25 AM

View PostEskallon, on 22 August 2010 - 04:18 PM, said:

I cannot access my messenger on the Ipad or on my phone as when I select the drop down menu it links straight to my profile page. Is there any way I can acess it another way without receiving a PM?
Option 1: Avoid Apple products. It works just find in my Android phone...  :devil:
Option 2: Use this link and add it to your bookmarks.





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#225 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

  • Stormed Out


    Posts: 4663
    Joined: 25-November 07
    Member: 2221
    Country: Canada

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:11 AM

What's up with the public/private poll options? Where would we need private polls here? I was thinking for contests, but even that seems unnecessary with the post-vote method.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users