Peppermint_M

Cobi Small Army

Our old friend Cobi, a manufacturer based in Poland who make some pretty neat sets and themes with near Lego quality bricks.

This time I am reviewing a rather small set, a Small Army figure pack. I purchased it for £2.99 from an independent retailer in North Wales, after we had spent some time discussing TLG's treatment of the small business and quality comparisons between brands (I think she was somewhat bemused by my knowledge and interest...). As I mentioned before, there wasn't much Lego in North Wales, but there was plenty of Cobi to be had.

This is the set:

cmcard.jpg

As you can see, it is simply three figures with accessories in a carded pack, like action figures and other toys that are destined for rail or peg display.

cmmen.jpg

The three figures are similar to Lego, their headgear, heads and legs completly combinable with Lego figures, however the hands would not come out of the arms, so I was unable to check if I could make the torso's combine with Lego figure hands

The accessories are the best bit for me:

cmaccess.jpg

Hats, guns, shovel, pack and a petrol can. All of them fit Legom minifigures perfectly and are the main reason I bought this set.

Here is a better view of the can and the pack plus a comparison between the Lego binoculars and the Cobi ones.

cmcomp.jpg_thumb.jpgcmequip.jpg_thumb.jpgcmjerry.jpg_thumb.jpgcmjerrybck.jpg_thumb.jpg

As you can see, the can has a plate base back, so it can be attatched to a brick or plate.

As per my other reviews, Special Operations Quarryman shall model the accessories. He doesn't seem to pleased and is now rather well armed...

soquarry.jpg_thumb.jpg

Main Points

• The plastic is as good a quality as Lego, some slighly inferior molding leaves excess but it isn't that bad
  • Colour is a near match with Lego
  • The figures are pretty decent on their own, only noses set them apart from minifigures.

Well, with that I'll leave things be. I have a few more sets in the que to post a review, hope this one was informative/helpful

I've never really liked the look of Cobi minifigs, their expressions look somewhat odd. Other that that, they have a great Romans line I like, but don't own any of.

Nice review. This set is good for the accessories, but I wouldn't buy this for £2.99. If it was 1.99, I'd get it no problem.

Good review. I'm surprised there isn't a gun for each figure, it's not as though they are expensive to manufacture. I agree with Prateek about the price. At 5 bucks USD, it would be a bit expensive for clone brand figs.

If they apear around here, I'll might buy one just for the accessories. If they were 3 bucks and came with 3 guns, I'd buy a few of them.

cobilegolegs.jpg_thumb.jpg

As per request.

It can be said that they do not fit, the pegs are wider and longer then Cobi leg pegs. It is unfortunate. The arms are also hard to remove.

Your collection of Clone brands blows my mind.

The quality looks rough, but your review wasn't.default_blink.gif

Nice review. This set is good for the accessories, but I wouldn't buy this for £2.99. If it was 1.99, I'd get it no problem.

I would rather get a collectable minifigure! :tongue:

Nice review, though. :classic: