indexed.gif

Hello everybody! :classic:

Since my today's exam is over and so I have a bit more time at the moment, I took some pictures of my latest Western MOCset designed with LDD (Universe mode of course).

Here it is:

Post Office

Are you ready to go on a trip through the Wild West? This set includes a Western post office (first floor: post office; second floor: living room) with stagecoach, post officer, cowboy, rich man, rich woman, bandit, three horses and a lot of accessory.

An overview:

post_office.1.jpg

From the other side:

post_office.2.jpg

The interior:

post_office.3.jpg

post_office.4.jpg

Like in all of my newer LDD MOCsets: removeable roofs:

post_office.5.jpg

The stage coach includes a removeable roof, too:

post_office.7.jpgpost_office.8.jpg

One additional pic can be found in this folder (when public) of my BS gallery.

Comments are welcome! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Love it!

If this was a real set I'd have no doubts about buying it :classic:

And of course I love the design of the carraige :thumbup:

I really like that stagecoach, with train doors and windows. :thumbup:

But I don't like that yellow Post Office, and I mean the color of it, the building is great.

Maybe add some brown with some yellow, or dark tan, I don't know because yellow is a bit to bright and it's maybe a bit too much.

The interior of your Post Office is really nice.

the Inventor

Edited by the Inventor

Nice Job Klaus...this one is really nice. I want to build that stagecoach.

Nice job KD. Good color choice for the Post Office. I love the wagon and it's interesting to see the train door. It works well. :thumbup:

Love it!

If this was a real set I'd have no doubts about buying it :classic:

And of course I love the design of the carraige :thumbup:

Thanks, BrickClick. :classic:

If TLG released it (or something similar to this my MOC), I of course would of course buy it, too! :grin:

A post office and a stagecoach were - together with a train, a train station and a saloon - the things which I missed the most in the Western theme from 1996/97.

But I don't like that yellow Post Office, and I mean the color of it, the building is great.

Maybe add some brown with some yellow, or dark tan, I don't know because yellow is a bit to bright and it's maybe a bit too much.

The reason why I chose yellow as color for the post office were two:

1. Post and yellow color belong together in many countries - still today.

2. I want to design more Western buildings in order to get a whole small LDD Western Village. But if nearly all buildings have the same color, it would like quite boring, don't you think?

The interior of your Post Office is really nice.

Thanks, the Inventor. :classic:

It's always one of my big requests to have a decent interior in buildings.

Nice Job Klaus...this one is really nice. I want to build that stagecoach.

Thanks, Apache. :classic:

The next days I'll try to convert the stagecoach into regular LDD (I built it in Universe mode - so there are surely some bricks which aren't available in regular LDD - e. g. the horses) and then post a link to my "design by me gallery" here (since it seems as if the Creator gallery can only be entered by logging in).

Nice job KD. Good color choice for the Post Office. I love the wagon and it's interesting to see the train door. It works well. :thumbup:

Thanks, TheBrickster. :classic:

Yes, the stage coach ... it took me nearly half a day til I had the design finished you can see now. But I must say that I'm quite content with it, too. The train doors aren't perfect - but they do their duty.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Nice one 'Klaus' - I really like it - the building EXCELLENT :sweet: and the coach AWESOME ! :grin:

Maybe it's time thanks to TS3, the wild west was brought back !

Great LDD work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice one 'Klaus' - I really like it - the building EXCELLENT :sweet: and the coach AWESOME ! :grin:

Maybe it's time thanks to TS3, the wild west was brought back !

Great LDD work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks, lightningtiger. :classic:

I'm glad to hear that you like the building very much, too. The roof above the "balcony" was a tricky work since I didn't want to use those hinge elements (which were used for the roofs in the cars til the mid-ninetees) which are no longer produced by TLG.

Klaus-Dieter

Hi

I have this set! :tongue: In real bricks! This is very similar to the MegaBloks set of 9206 - Trading Post, in their Western theme. I googled it and found some pictures at.

http://bloks.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=2549

Regardless, your LEGO one is better than the MegaBloks, of which my set has melted slightly because of their quality.

Hopefully you can convert all of Cactus Town for us! I enjoyed these sets when they were new.

Great little set-up there Klaus-Deiter, the carriage in particular I like since I'm so rubbish at making them. The actual Post Office is very nice, I wouldn't have expected so much yellow to work but it does, and even though I think the top section where the sign is to go looks a little bare the interior more than makes up for that :sweet:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Hi

I have this set! :tongue: In real bricks! This is very similar to the MegaBloks set of 9206 - Trading Post, in their Western theme. I googled it and found some pictures at.

http://bloks.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=2549

Regardless, your LEGO one is better than the MegaBloks, of which my set has melted slightly because of their quality.

Hopefully you can convert all of Cactus Town for us! I enjoyed these sets when they were new.

Thanks, MattTheLegoman. :classic:

And welcome to EB!

Great little set-up there Klaus-Deiter, the carriage in particular I like since I'm so rubbish at making them. The actual Post Office is very nice, I wouldn't have expected so much yellow to work but it does, and even though I think the top section where the sign is to go looks a little bare the interior more than makes up for that :sweet:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks, Batbrick. :classic:

Normally I'm not that good in designing carriages, too. But looking at several pictures of stage coaches on the web during building it wasn't that difficult - but nevertheless did take a lot of time.

Klaus-Dieter

i really like your very "classic" (positive) western designs!

Yeah, I love that they're built to the same standard as the official sets (16x32 tan baseplate, open back). The stage is a relatively straightforward design, but it works VERY well - the only thing I would change would be to add four 1x2 plates with 1 stud on the outside seat so a driver and shotgun could sit side by side.

Thanks fenris. :classic:

Yeah, I love that they're built to the same standard as the official sets (16x32 tan baseplate, open back). The stage is a relatively straightforward design, but it works VERY well - the only thing I would change would be to add four 1x2 plates with 1 stud on the outside seat so a driver and shotgun could sit side by side.

Thanks Carbohydrates. :classic:

My aim was to design them in a style very similar to the ones from 1996 since

1. in this way TLG could much easilier produce them and

2. they would go very well with the sets from 1996/97.

Klaus-Dieter

I really like this building, perhaps a bit too much yellow, but it certainly looks good. The stagecoach is a very nice addition to the post office. I like the removable roof feature. :thumbup:

Great job and keep LDD'ing!

Wow man I'm glad I found these MOCs. I particularly like the stagecoach. The whole thing is nostalgic... I've got almost all the old western sets from the 90s.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever thought about doing westerns in the new "modular" style? I definitely love the classic look you've got going, so just thought!

Lovely creation Klaus-Dieter! Your post office would surely fit in perfectly in a western town and would be a most welcome addition. The designs of both the post office and carriage are wonderful, and they are also generously detailed.

Thanks for sharing!

I really like this building, perhaps a bit too much yellow, but it certainly looks good. The stagecoach is a very nice addition to the post office. I like the removable roof feature. :thumbup:

Great job and keep LDD'ing!

Thanks, Captain Blackmoor. :classic:

Of course I'll keep on LDD'ing :grin: - I already planned to design a whole Western town together with this post office and the saloon.

Wow man I'm glad I found these MOCs. I particularly like the stagecoach. The whole thing is nostalgic... I've got almost all the old western sets from the 90s.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever thought about doing westerns in the new "modular" style? I definitely love the classic look you've got going, so just thought!

Thanks, Blackicep8ntball. :classic:

No, I haven't thought about designing CC styled buildings since I don't like them - they don't go with all the other City/Western buildings which have open backwalls (which I prefer over closed backwalls).

Lovely creation Klaus-Dieter! Your post office would surely fit in perfectly in a western town and would be a most welcome addition. The designs of both the post office and carriage are wonderful, and they are also generously detailed.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Z06. :classic:

I didn't want to have them over-detailed (like all these Star Wars UCS sets). But too simple in design doesn't look nice, too. So I tried my best to find a middle way.

Klaus-Dieter

Hello again!

Seems you've been busy recently. But you've spent your time well! :classic: That's a lovely playset layout having every aspect of playability of a nice medium-sized set. :classic: As mentioned before, the red stagecoach ia truly a highlight! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Chris

This really looks like one of the old Wild West sets (The Bank) and the carriage is super cool in every way. I wish Lego brought back western, i remember growing up with the sets..... :cry_sad: BUT I NEVER GOT ONE waahhhhh!!!!! :sing:

Hello again!

Seems you've been busy recently. But you've spent your time well! :classic: That's a lovely playset layout having every aspect of playability of a nice medium-sized set. :classic: As mentioned before, the red stagecoach i truly a highlight! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Chris

Thanks, Chris. :classic:

This really looks like one of the old Wild West sets (The Bank) and the carriage is super cool in every way. I wish Lego brought back western, i remember growing up with the sets..... :cry_sad: BUT I NEVER GOT ONE waahhhhh!!!!! :sing:

Thanks, CarrollFilms. :classic:

Completely agreement here, too! ALthough I had luckily the chance in the last years to get all WW sets from the ninetees, I still want a new theme since there is so much missing we really need for a complete, decent Western town and Western theme!

Klaus-Dieter

isnt post office actually the shop from the original wester line with aditional floor?