Ode to 8466: Truck Trial version

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jurgen Krooshoop

Jurgen Krooshoop

Member: 9323

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

First of all: Big thanks fo Sariel & everybody who helped making the instructions for the Jeep Wrangler (which can be downloaded here) !! It made it possible to easily make my own Trial-Truck:

As I wanted a break from my main project (which is a new supercar) I decided to build the chassis of Sariel's Jeep Wrangler. It performed so well that I decided to make a complete car. The looks of the iconic 8466 was chosen (I finally found a use for those weird green panels).

Posted Image

After one day of building, the chassis was ready & tested, it took another day to make the global looks of the car and a couple of evenings were spent making the final details.

Posted Image

Constructionwise it is very different from the original 8466, it's also a bit smaller, about 80% of the original. The doors of the 8466 are one of its coolest features, so those had to be recreated. They unfortunately don't have the damped shock-absorbers for 2 reasons: there was no space & the doors might open out of themselves when doing offroad-driving.

Posted Image

A small truck-trial circuit was created in my own backyard to do some offroad-driving and filming, which was a lot of fun !! I'm very impressed with the performance of this chassis.

Posted Image

Only minor changes were made to the chassis: I made some protection for the rear knob-wheels, preventing anything (like plants or grass) to come between them. I noticed that the rear shock-absorbers were a bit loose so I locked them. And the chassis was reinforced a bit.

Posted Image

You can find my Brickshelf-folder here.

Posted Image

If you have any questions about this or other models of mine, you can also mail to: jurgenstechniccorner@hotmail.com

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop, 16 May 2010 - 09:33 PM.

#2 Milan

Milan

Member: 6465

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

Looking good, and it performance well, nice job!
Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image   Posted Image   
Website  Facebook  YouTube   Flickr

#3 efferman

efferman

Member: 10499

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

nice moc
these tires are looking very good on the 8466

#4 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

I like its looks and off-road capabilities!  Your video music is well done too.  The "Ode to 8466" vehicle almost got high-centered at the top of the rock slab, but it got out of the jam with few problems.  Your old sports shoes came in handy!   :laugh:   :thumbup:  :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users