Eurobricks/Classic-Town.net Collectible LEGO Minifigures Series 1 Town Building Contest
Hey everyone, to celebrate the excitement of this first series of Collectible LEGO Minifigures, Eurobricks and Classic-Town.net have come together to bring our members a chance to build their very own town vignettes and win!
What You're Building
Create a town based vignette where you could display any of the 16 new Collectible Minifigs from Series 1. It's just that simple. I'm not even going to provide examples for risk of taking a good idea, but I'll tell you this: Imagination is the key. People vote for creative entries, not the same old boring scenes we all expect. Do something surprising, just make sure it's town based.
Where Would You Display One of These?
Spaceman ~ Crash Test Dummy ~ Cheer Leader ~ Tribal Hunter ~ Robot ~ Ninja ~Clown ~ Magician
Forestman ~ Wrestler ~ Caveman ~ Deep Sea Diver ~ Nurse ~ Skater ~ Zombie ~ Cowboy
*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER AND BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIG YOU BUILT YOUR VIGNETTE FOR*
- Build a vignette. A vignette measures 8 studs by 8 studs and has no height limit.
- A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifig accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
- This is a town contest, so make sure your scene is town based. Be creative, every figure in the collection could belong in a town setting, if you think outside the box.
- No minifigs are required. You don't need to own the figure you create a home for, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifig or it's new accessories/parts in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the bow, but not new ones like the needle, for example.
- No clone brands or custom parts.
- There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
- Entries are to be posted in this topic.
- One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifig you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifig. Other minifigs may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
- Digital backgrounds are allowed.
- The contest begins now and will end on the 6th of June, 2010 at 0000hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
- In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
- Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.
At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes.
After 5 days, the votes will be calculated and the top three vote receivers will be declared the winners. Once they have sent their name/address to WhiteFang, he will ship out their wonderful prizes. What wonderful prizes, you ask? Well, WhiteFang has generously agreed to break up a set of the new figures and allow the winners to pick the ones they want from that set.
1st place: A choice of 3 of the new collectible minifigs from that set.
2nd place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectible minifigs from that set.
3rd place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectible minifigs from that set.
It's just that simple!
Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...