• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

Posted Image

Eurobricks/Classic-Town.net Collectible LEGO Minifigures Series 1 Town Building Contest

The Contest:
Hey everyone, to celebrate the excitement of this first series of Collectible LEGO Minifigures, Eurobricks and Classic-Town.net have come together to bring our members a chance to build their very own town vignettes and win!

What You're Building
Create a town based vignette where you could display any of the 16 new Collectible Minifigs from Series 1. It's just that simple. I'm not even going to provide examples for risk of taking a good idea, but I'll tell you this: Imagination is the key. People vote for creative entries, not the same old boring scenes we all expect. Do something surprising, just make sure it's town based.

Where Would You Display One of These?
Posted Image
Spaceman ~ Crash Test Dummy ~ Cheer Leader ~ Tribal Hunter ~ Robot ~ Ninja ~Clown ~ Magician
Forestman ~ Wrestler ~ Caveman ~ Deep Sea Diver ~ Nurse ~ Skater ~ Zombie ~ Cowboy

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER AND BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIG YOU BUILT YOUR VIGNETTE FOR*

The Rules
  • Build a vignette. A vignette measures 8 studs by 8 studs and has no height limit.
  • A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifig accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  • This is a town contest, so make sure your scene is town based. Be creative, every figure in the collection could belong in a town setting, if you think outside the box.
  • No minifigs are required. You don't need to own the figure you create a home for, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifig or it's new accessories/parts in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the bow, but not new ones like the needle, for example.
  • No clone brands or custom parts.
  • There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  • Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  • One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifig you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifig. Other minifigs may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  • Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  • The contest begins now and will end on the 6th of June, 2010 at 0000hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  • In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  • Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!
At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes.

The Prizes!
After 5 days, the votes will be calculated and the top three vote receivers will be declared the winners. Once they have sent their name/address to WhiteFang, he will ship out their wonderful prizes. What wonderful prizes, you ask? Well, WhiteFang has generously agreed to break up a set of the new figures and allow the winners to pick the ones they want from that set.

1st place: A choice of 3 of the new collectible minifigs from that set.
2nd place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectible minifigs from that set.
3rd place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectible minifigs from that set.

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#2 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

Sounds like fun! Loving all these contests popping up here after a long time of not having any. You guys sure are generous with the prizes. :wink:

One thing I'd like to get elaborated on, though: is the vignette supposed to be suitable for ANY of the 16 minifigs, or can it be specialized for just one? The rules kind of said both, so I'm unsure.

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour in Heroica RPG and Russell Price in Main Street Mafia!~

#3 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

View PostSandy, on May 13 2010, 05:14 PM, said:

One thing I'd like to get elaborated on, though: is the vignette supposed to be suitable for ANY of the 16 minifigs, or can it be specialized for just one? The rules kind of said both, so I'm unsure.
Is it clearer now?  :blush:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

#4 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo

• god for 10

Member: 1816

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

I believe it is indeed clearer! So for one minifig in particular.

Great contest idea EB, I'll be sure to bring out the bricks for this one. :classic:

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au

#5 Etzel

Etzel

• Me Want Ducky!!!!

Member: 2625

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

8. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without minifigs and the name (type) of minifig you built it for. You may include up to 2 images of your work without minifigs. If you choose to take a picture including minifigs or additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
Does the picture have to have no minifigs at all or is it just the collectible minifig that has to be missing? For example, I make a vignette for the clown with an audience that's laughing - do I have to get rid of the audience too for the picture then?

Edit: Much clearer now, thank you!  :classic:

Edited by PrEtzel, 13 May 2010 - 11:05 AM.

#6 The Penguin

The Penguin

• Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!

Member: 2465

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

Sounds amuzing! )  :classic:  :thumbup:
I'm looking forward to seeing the entries. Theu're going to be great, no doubt!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#7 badboytje88

badboytje88

• Bad Lick

Member: 1561

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

Oeh this indeed sounds like a lot of fun!

Posted Image

Playing Bjorn Borchard Representative from Owlville in Tamamono´s Party Lines Mafia

Posted Image
Just call me Peter Cedar

#8 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:47 PM

Your very generous WF, what a great contest!

#9 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

• Stormed Out

Member: 2221

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

Wow, guys! This is a great contest! This one I think I'll actually enter, unlike the PoP one...

I can't wait to see what others come up with, though I have a few ideas of my own.

#10 danim

danim

• Smarter than your average walrus

Member: 6740

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

unfortunatly my vig requires the collectable minifig to be there for it to work, unless you can do digital editing to it to remove the fig.
Can it have an accesory of the collectable minifig showing
Thanks Daniel

Posted Image   Posted Image

Street Sweeper                                     Coca-Cola Truck

#11 Shadows

Shadows

• Free Online Spell Checker

Member: 1558

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

View Postdanim, on May 13 2010, 08:14 AM, said:

unfortunatly my vig requires the collectable minifig to be there for it to work, unless you can do digital editing to it to remove the fig.
Can it have an accesory of the collectable minifig showing
Or, you could rethink your idea. :wink:

Accessories from the collectible figures are part of the figures and as such, not allowed (unless the part already exists in the same exact colour in another set).

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#12 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:41 PM

Finally!  A bunch  of other sites I've been reading have been doing this for awhile.  I'm totally entering this.  I just have to decide what fig I want to display........

Masked Out

Edited by Masked Builder, 13 May 2010 - 01:42 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 Assassin, In Heroica RPG, On Quest #125
Flickr, Bricklink Store, Facebook

#13 Modulex Guy

Modulex Guy

• Ain't nobody takin' my wooden fire truck

Member: 6517

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

Cool idea for a contest, although I have a few issues...

The end date for the contest is heavily biased towards those where the release date for the figs was May 1.

North America gets them June 1 and most people in NA probably will probably not get their figs on time or only a few days before the end of the contest.

If you want to let the NA guys get a chance at this you probably should stretch the contest a few days longer IMO.

Just my 02 cents.
NILTC
Hi, My name is Chris... and I'm addicted to Modulex.
Posted Image
O_o
I Buy Modulex!
My Flickr page.

#14 Rick

Rick

• Subtle like a hammer

Member: 5261

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on May 13 2010, 02:41 PM, said:

I just have to decide what fig I want to display........

View PostPolish Guy, on May 13 2010, 02:43 PM, said:

North America gets them June 1 and most people in NA probably will probably not get their figs on time or only a few days before the end of the contest.

View PostWhiteFang, on May 13 2010, 10:31 AM, said:

[*]One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifig you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifig.
:wink:

#15 Shadows

Shadows

• Free Online Spell Checker

Member: 1558

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

View PostPolish Guy, on May 13 2010, 08:43 AM, said:

The end date for the contest is heavily biased towards those where the release date for the figs was May 1.

If you want to let the NA guys get a chance at this you probably should stretch the contest a few days longer IMO.

View PostWhiteFang, on May 13 2010, 04:31 AM, said:

No minifigs are required. You don't need to own the figure you create a home for, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifig or it's new accessories/parts in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the bow, but not new ones like the needle, for example.

One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifig you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifig. Other minifigs may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
As a result, while the contest isn't favouring anyone, the prizes actually benefit the US market slightly more since they are currently unavailable and will likely do as they've done elsewhere, sell out very quickly until they are restocked. :wink:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

#16 Dunjohn

Dunjohn

• EB Boardgames Reviewer

Member: 7364

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

Does "custom parts" included my own printed stuff? One idea I have requires a particular shop sign.

And thanks for doing this, it sounds weird. Displaying a minifig without displaying the minifig.
On the stalls on market day,
You might hear little voices say....

Collectable Minifigures Trading List

#17 CallMePie

CallMePie

• DAMN Heroica badass

Member: 7199

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

:laugh: Ends the exact second of my birthday. I'm going for it!

Oh wait, are digital entries allowed?

Edited by CallMePie, 13 May 2010 - 03:13 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 40 Decamon Drafter in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 13 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Chet Darjak, M.A.N.T.I.S. Special Forces in Andromeda's Gates

#18 Bujimuji

Bujimuji

Member: 7851

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

Heh,i thought about idea with vignette just when i found some news about them!Great contest.

#19 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

I'm going in it - my son is helping me with the ideas, he has pick the minifig that the vig will be designed around.
I will be  starting on it later on today once I have have a few hours sleep - yes us AFOL's do need sleep don't we, eh ?
More cool will be my angle in the vig I'm going to design !
Keep on bricking everyone and good luck to all ! :sweet:

#20 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

Cool contest! Should be a nice challenge building a vignette based around a minifig without actually including that fig. I do have one question though: Is it only one entry per minifig or just one entry overall?

#21 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

Member: 5106

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

Wow, cool idea for a contest. I already have an idea or so...just need to Bricklink a few pieces so I can do it!

#22 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• Gimp

Member: 4757

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

Aww man, I hope I do not take to many ideas with my little display big's I had planned. (16x16)...

Please don't be too cross if I post some themed displays about the subforum.  :classic:

There are no red lights in a car chase!

Tesni Hightribe

In Heroica the RPG

#23 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

I am looking forward to everyone's participations.  :thumbup:

View PostDunjohn, on May 13 2010, 10:09 PM, said:

Does "custom parts" included my own printed stuff? One idea I have requires a particular shop sign.

I will let you know the verdict after the discussion with regards to stickered or printed decals.

View PostDunjohn, on May 13 2010, 10:09 PM, said:

And thanks for doing this, it sounds weird. Displaying a minifig without displaying the minifig.
No, you may not include the actual minifig inside the display but includes other range of minifigs inside for illustration.

View PostCallMePie, on May 13 2010, 10:12 PM, said:

Oh wait, are digital entries allowed?
No, digital entries are not allowed.

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on May 13 2010, 11:12 PM, said:

I do have one question though: Is it only one entry per minifig or just one entry overall?
Only one entry per minifig vignette per member.

#24 AwesomeStar

AwesomeStar

• Mystery Distraction

Member: 3245

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

I'm in!

It's a shame it's only 8x8, though. Heavily restricts my idea...

I'll see what I can do! :wink:

~A.S.

brickshelf   flickr

I played Kian Otherus in EBRP and finished as Lorraine Bailey in MOTEE.
I died as scum Chief Astrobiology Officer Richard Francis in Bob's Excalibur Mafia 2.0,
as scum Augustus "Gus" Staines in Noir Mafia and as snooty old Alfonso in Ditalini - Mystery Mafia...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 pedro

pedro

• Crazy Junction Master

Member: 1364

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Wow, another cool contest! Ace!

I'd like to ask: can you include another generic minifig in the vignette? Say as a passer-by?

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on May 13 2010, 05:12 PM, said:

I do have one question though: Is it only one entry per minifig or just one entry overall?

View PostWhiteFang, on May 13 2010, 06:31 PM, said:

Only one entry per minifig vignette per member.
Sounds like one-vig-fits-all to me, am I right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users