Im currently planning & building a little shunter (switcher?) based upon some of our local Swiss Diesel models... Whilst im awaiting a delivery of BBB wheels, I was playing around with different motor combinations... and wanted to pick brains of others.
1. Is there a general guide (other than PhilHome) which can provide an overview of PF motors and gearing for use in trains, with an indication of pulling power (e.g. 3 EN carriages).
2. If not, can people share their experiences? E.g.
* is a single XL with high torque and low speed better than two M in parallel (geared together, e.g. with a slip differential).
* is it preferable to have one or two M motors if better than XL?
* does two XL motors enable a heavy duty load?
* does the new Motor (Mr Ellis?) provide better torque ratios than XL?
Thanks in advance
Ps I should add I did try the old google search thing - but sometimes too much information is confusing! (similar to 10+ page threads).
PPs this is no way related to Brickworld Competition - that was a pure fluke and coincidence!
Edited by roamingstudio, 10 May 2010 - 05:02 PM.