Jump to content


Type 63 Multiple Rocket Launcher System


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ms09

ms09

    Posts: 149
    Joined: 06-May 10
    Member: 10538
    Country: China

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

Lego Type 63 Multiple Rocket Launcher System.

All main function realized by remote control:

  • vehicle propulsion,
  • vehicle turning,
  • weapon platform rotation,
  • weapon tilt angle adjustment,
  • weapon launch.

Besides,
  • automatic gear box is applied,
  • 4X4 chassis with individual suspension,
  • functional steering wheel,
  • V6 engine connected to front driving wheels,
  • both hood and doors can be opened,
  • LED head lights.





Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ms09, 06 May 2010 - 05:05 PM.

★★★

MOC-Pages                      Flickr

#2 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 14003
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

OMG, I don't visit the technic area much, but damn, this is cool.  I'm amazed that you can do all that with remote control.  I'd love a video of it in action?  Although I know not everyone is that inclined.  I certainly am not.

Awesome job though, this seriously has to be the coolest technic thing I've seen.

#3 DLuders

DLuders

  • Technic Technician


    Posts: 5817
    Joined: 17-October 09
    Member: 7868
    Country: USA (WA State)

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

Now, THAT is WICKED!  I love the rotating missile turret, and it's very accurate in shooting the Technic Competition Arrows!  Maybe it could be used against invading hordes of Bionicle creatures!   :laugh:  TLG would NEVER offer something like this as an official set, but it's cool that you did it.

The "Type 63" Multiple Rocket Launcher (MRL) is a Chinese military application.  It's described at http://www.sinodefen.../mrl/type63.asp , and pictured on http://www.primeport...ck/type_63_mrl/ .  Great job in reproducing this vehicle!  

Posted Image

#4 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19446
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

Very cool! I love the ripple fire action!  :laugh:

View PostBig Cam, on May 6 2010, 10:49 PM, said:

I'd love a video of it in action?
  :wink:





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#5 Zblj

Zblj

    Posts: 5640
    Joined: 16-August 09
    Member: 7054
    Country: Slovenia

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

Why so many differentials? Good job, even though i dislike wepaons.

#6 ms09

ms09

    Posts: 149
    Joined: 06-May 10
    Member: 10538
    Country: China

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

View PostBig Cam, on May 6 2010, 03:49 PM, said:

OMG, I don't visit the technic area much, but damn, this is cool.  I'm amazed that you can do all that with remote control.  I'd love a video of it in action?  Although I know not everyone is that inclined.  I certainly am not.

Awesome job though, this seriously has to be the coolest technic thing I've seen.

Thanks for your comments, I have offered a link on youtube so that you can see the MRLS in action: (the same one a nice guy just inserted in his reply)


View Postdluders, on May 6 2010, 03:57 PM, said:

Now, THAT is WICKED!  I love the rotating missile turret, and it's very accurate in shooting the Technic Competition Arrows!  Maybe it could be used against invading hordes of Bionicle creatures!   :laugh:  TLG would NEVER offer something like this as an official set, but it's cool that you did it.

The "Type 63" Multiple Rocket Launcher (MRL) is a Chinese military application.  It's described at http://www.sinodefen.../mrl/type63.asp , and pictured on http://www.primeport...ck/type_63_mrl/ .  Great job in reproducing this vehicle!  

Posted Image

Thanks for your comments and background introduction as well! The image you provided is absolutely correct, but the introduction on sinodefence is talking about some other MRL, it is sometimes confusing.  I didn't find the specification of Type63 19X130mm MRLS on web either, but did find an interesting video of it.



View PostSiegfried, on May 6 2010, 03:58 PM, said:

Very cool! I love the ripple fire action!  :laugh:

Thanks, now I know how to insert the video.

View PostZblj, on May 6 2010, 04:43 PM, said:

Why so many differentials? Good job, even though i dislike wepaons.

Thanks for your comment, I used six differential gears in the MOC, four of them are for construction of automatic gear boxes, the idea was from TechnicBRICKS (http://technicbricks...-automatic.html), it is worth trying.
★★★

MOC-Pages                      Flickr

#7 Jurgen Krooshoop

Jurgen Krooshoop

    Posts: 733
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9323
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

Not being a fan of machines designed to hurt people, I do like this model. (And Lego doesn't hurt people :) ) . And works pretty well as well, nice.

#8 Milan

Milan

    Posts: 4095
    Joined: 21-June 09
    Member: 6465
    Country: Serbia

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Same here...don't prefer war mocs, but this vehicle has nice functions.  :thumbup:
It would be better to me if it is a little bit covered with bricks, to be more like model team...with these functions that would be great.
Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image   Posted Image   
Website  Facebook  YouTube   Flickr

#9 Spyder

Spyder

  • Minifig Identikit


    Posts: 877
    Joined: 28-February 09
    Member: 5419
    Country: USA

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

Probably the coolest Technic vehicle I've ever seen. I love that weapons platform, with its 360 degree range. The functional steering wheel is a nice bonus too.  :thumbup:
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

Long Live The Nizam!

Quoting Charlieboy:

Quote

Be carefull playing lego in the nude,those small parts can get everywhere!!!

#10 DLuders

DLuders

  • Technic Technician


    Posts: 5817
    Joined: 17-October 09
    Member: 7868
    Country: USA (WA State)

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:24 AM

@ms09:  After seeing the video and studying the picture below, I don't know how the individual Technic Competition Arrows are fired.  There are gears near the "triggers", but how do you sequentially launch them using Power Functions?   :look:

Posted Image

#11 ms09

ms09

    Posts: 149
    Joined: 06-May 10
    Member: 10538
    Country: China

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

View PostJurgen Krooshoop, on May 7 2010, 12:03 AM, said:

Not being a fan of machines designed to hurt people, I do like this model. (And Lego doesn't hurt people :) ) . And works pretty well as well, nice.

Thanks for your comment! From a pure view of technic, weapon is not a bad topic,  and I prefer something which TLG will never issue as a set.


View PostMilan, on May 7 2010, 12:09 AM, said:

Same here...don't prefer war mocs, but this vehicle has nice functions.  :thumbup:
It would be better to me if it is a little bit covered with bricks, to be more like model team...with these functions that would be great.

Thanks for your comment! Actually I always doubt whether it's really good to decorate a technic MOC with too many system bricks. Some of them look really brilliant, but in my mind they lose some sense of technic.


View PostSpyder, on May 7 2010, 12:15 AM, said:

Probably the coolest Technic vehicle I've ever seen. I love that weapons platform, with its 360 degree range. The functional steering wheel is a nice bonus too.  :thumbup:

Thanks for your comment! I am very glad that you like it.


View Postdluders, on May 7 2010, 02:24 AM, said:

@ms09:  After seeing the video and studying the picture below, I don't know how the individual Technic Competition Arrows are fired.  There are gears near the "triggers", but how do you sequentially launch them using Power Functions?   :look:

Posted Image

The trigger of fire action is a "Gear & Gear rack" structure, I hope the following images will answer your question:

Attached File  T1.jpg   49.22K   63 downloads
As gears rotate, the gear rack will be pushed to move horizontally.

Attached File  T2.jpg   39.53K   61 downloads
The prominent part of gear rack structure will push the triggers one by one.
★★★

MOC-Pages                      Flickr

#12 Zblj

Zblj

    Posts: 5640
    Joined: 16-August 09
    Member: 7054
    Country: Slovenia

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

So does the automatic gearbox work?

#13 ms09

ms09

    Posts: 149
    Joined: 06-May 10
    Member: 10538
    Country: China

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

View PostZblj, on May 7 2010, 01:56 PM, said:

So does the automatic gearbox work?

Yes, according to my point of view, it works pretty well. Different resistance will result in different speed and torque.

Edited by ms09, 07 May 2010 - 12:22 PM.

★★★

MOC-Pages                      Flickr

#14 Xevus

Xevus

    Posts: 15
    Joined: 06-April 10
    Member: 10177

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

How do you make CAV joints from Lego ?

#15 cryoshell

cryoshell

    Posts: 22
    Joined: 16-January 10
    Member: 9125
    Country: Germany

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

instructions please ..? (:


Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Skalldyr

Skalldyr

  • Don't worry, be a Redcoat!


    Posts: 1208
    Joined: 16-March 10
    Member: 9943
    Country: Germany

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Well aimed, at the last shot.  :thumbup: Really impressive Work!
Flickr / Brickshelf / Mocpages

Posted Image  Don't Worry, Be Crabby! Posted Image

#17 ms09

ms09

    Posts: 149
    Joined: 06-May 10
    Member: 10538
    Country: China

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

View PostXevus, on May 7 2010, 07:23 PM, said:

How do you make CAV joints from Lego ?

Please tell me what CAV joints stand for first.


View Postcryoshell, on May 7 2010, 07:39 PM, said:

instructions please ..? (:


Maybe I have to learn ABC of LDD first.


View PostSkalldyr, on May 7 2010, 07:42 PM, said:

Well aimed, at the last shot.  :thumbup: Really impressive Work!

Well, both practice and luck are needed :)
★★★

MOC-Pages                      Flickr

#18 Xevus

Xevus

    Posts: 15
    Joined: 06-April 10
    Member: 10177

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

CAV means constant angular velocity. Those joints are used in steerable drived wheels in order to maintain rotational speed when turning.

#19 dhc6twinotter

dhc6twinotter

    Posts: 1523
    Joined: 02-May 10
    Member: 10485
    Country: USA

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

Looks great!  Nicely done!

What does the red driving ring and clutch gears on the turret do?   Does it select between the weapons tilt and fire functions?   Is there a motor that slides the driving ring, or is that done manually?

Posted Image

Edited by dhc6twinotter, 08 May 2010 - 02:15 PM.


#20 CP5670

CP5670

  • In search of litmus paper


    Posts: 2519
    Joined: 02-February 08
    Member: 2646
    Country: United States

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

Excellent model, I especially like your mechanism for hitting the launch switches. This is also the first full-blown MOC I've seen with that differential CVT system, and it looks well implemented. :thumbup:

#21 ms09

ms09

    Posts: 149
    Joined: 06-May 10
    Member: 10538
    Country: China

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:15 AM

View PostXevus, on May 8 2010, 02:49 PM, said:

CAV means constant angular velocity. Those joints are used in steerable drived wheels in order to maintain rotational speed when turning.

The CAV joint is realized mainly by two lego elements: technic Steering Arm with 4 Ball Joints and  technic Steering CV Joint.

Posted Image

Posted Image


View Postdhc6twinotter, on May 8 2010, 04:00 PM, said:

Looks great!  Nicely done!

What does the red driving ring and clutch gears on the turret do?   Does it select between the weapons tilt and fire functions?   Is there a motor that slides the driving ring, or is that done manually?

Thanks for your comments! You are right, the clutch gears are for mode switch between weapon tilt and fire function, it's manual.

View PostCP5670, on May 8 2010, 08:15 PM, said:

Excellent model, I especially like your mechanism for hitting the launch switches. This is also the first full-blown MOC I've seen with that differential CVT system, and it looks well implemented. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments! I find that you had a MRLS MOC too :) Could you please provide a video link of it?

Posted Image
★★★

MOC-Pages                      Flickr

#22 CP5670

CP5670

  • In search of litmus paper


    Posts: 2519
    Joined: 02-February 08
    Member: 2646
    Country: United States

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:24 AM

I haven't actually taken any videos of it, although that might be fun to do at some point when I have time. The model is pretty old now, but I still have it built.

#23 Commodore Hornbricker

Commodore Hornbricker

  • Cyborg Chef Splatter


    Posts: 2181
    Joined: 30-January 09
    Member: 5169
    Country: USA

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:31 AM

That is awesome.  This is the type of thing I could see Lego actuallu wanting to sell....Great movie and excellent shooting...very clutch!  :thumbup:
Posted Image Sail on over to the Port of Brick Royal
"I am not having him flogged for fighting, Mr. Gerard." - Horatio Hornblower

#24 ms09

ms09

    Posts: 149
    Joined: 06-May 10
    Member: 10538
    Country: China

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

View PostCommodore Hornbricker, on May 11 2010, 03:31 AM, said:

That is awesome.  This is the type of thing I could see Lego actuallu wanting to sell....Great movie and excellent shooting...very clutch!  :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments!

PS: I don't believe that Lego would issue a millitary technic set, it's a clear policy of TLG.

★★★

MOC-Pages                      Flickr




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users