Nightshroud99, on 25 October 2011 - 12:52 AM, said:
I'm interested to hear what you thought of the Penguin and his role in the game now that you've played it.
He was one of my favorite villains this time around, and I do hope he's in the next one.
I actually feared, someone would ask!
Ok, let's go:
What I liked:
1) I really liked his backstory. With the description of his ancestors and their influence on Gotham City. It's great to see that his family's roots go as deep as Wayne's and it seems that there has always been that rivalry between the families.
2) I liked the setting. i'm not sure about the Lounge, being connected to the Museum, but anyway it was great. What better place can you imagine for Pengy to have? Again. not sure that I like the museum to be a Natural history one, instead just Historical, but it's fine. The posh old-fashioned grotesque architecture works really fine for it.
3) Iceberg Lounge was also a great fun, though a bit small. It looked very stylish and pompous, just like the character.
4) The boss fight was also quite entertaining, and believe it or not, but he actually killed Bats several times, more than in any other location in the entire game! I just guess it was a freudian way of acting on my behalf. I never wanted to win, aactually, plaing Bats!
5) His goons are great fun with those stylish outfits and Sickle is just adorable! How can you not like a typical siberian Russian as this one?
6) His storyline was very interesting and action packed with those nice scenes in the subway. Very fitting.
7) Just enough screen time. not more than needed, not less. )
8) The opening scene with him hitting Bruce Wayne. Priceless!
What I did not like:
1) His appearance. Seriously, I hated that. A heavilly balding midget with a bottle in the eye?! With an odd cockney accent, though having his family roots in America? How come?!
I still think that a neat-looking, gentleman-like approach would've worked better on the contrast with the messy other villains.
2) His obsession of posession. Seriously that just looks stupid. I kind of liked him using people as exhibits, but his life phylosophy just looks plain stupid.
3) He's beem made quite a sadist, which to my mind does not fit his character at all. He may be a villain, a crook, but not a sadist spilling blood all over the place. Just not him.
4) No bird mannerisms or any hint to that. Apart from his "Bird vs Bat" phrase. I wonder why call him Penguin in this case at all?
So as you can dee I really liked his role in the game and want MOAR to come. Just change the model, for Bat's sake!
Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )