Siegfried

10213 Shuttle Adventure

Sorry for stealing your topic Klaus-Dieter, but I thought it'd be neater if I added a post. Thanks to grogall for using the incredible power of his Macintosh to create new images.

We now have full details of this set, and according to Brothers Brick it's due for release in June. :sweet: Brothers Brick have also posted loads of very detailed images on Flickr.

a_10213_box_front.jpg

10213 Shuttle Adventure

Ages 16+

1,204 pieces

US $99.99 CA $129.99 UK £ 79.99 DE 89.99 € AUD $159.99

Blast off on an outer space mission!

Standing 17.5″ (44cm) tall and 10″ (25.5cm) from wing tip to wing tip, this detailed and realistic space shuttle is ready to count down and blast off on its next exciting mission into space! You can take off from the launch pad, separate the detachable fuel tank and booster rockets, and deploy the satellite with unfolding antenna and solar cell panels. Shuttle model features realistic engines, retractable landing gear, an opening cockpit with seats for 2 astronauts, opening cargo compartment with a crane that can hold the satellite and a ground maintenance vehicle. Includes 3 minifigures: 1 male and 1 female astronaut, as well as 1 service crew member.

• Includes 3 minifigures: 1 male and 1 female astronaut as well as 1 service crew member!
  • Features realistic engines, retractable landing gear, opening cockpit with seats for 2 astronauts and even a ground maintenance vehicle!
  • Take off from the launch pad!
  • Separate the detachable fuel tank and booster rockets!
  • Deploy the satellite with unfolding antenna and solar cell panels!
  • Open the cargo compartment to reveal the crane that can hold the satellite!
  • Shuttle Adventure stands 17.5" (44cm) tall and measures 10" (25.5cm) from wing tip to wing tip!

f_10213_detail_4.jpg

g_10213_detail_5.jpg

i_10213_detai_8.jpg

k_10213_detail_9.jpg

There's a 3D rotation here as well.

Instructions

instructions.gif 1

instructions.gif 2

Edited by Siegfried
Pic edits

Hello everybody!

While searching through the sets list for this year in brickipedia - originally in order to see whether there is some more information on the upcoming second TRU set - I found following:

10213 Space Shuttle

-

10213 TBA {Space Shuttle} is an upcoming LEGO exclusive set based on the Space theme. It is said to be a minifigure scale space shuttle, with 3 minifigures and 1204 pieces.

-

News is reaching us at Brickset HQ of a previously unknown Lego-exclusive, 10xxx-series set, expected to be available very soon.

Set #10213 is said to be a minifigure-scale Space Shuttle, with 3 figures and 1204 parts. No news yet on price or availability, but expect it to be hitting the shelves of Lego Brand Stores very soon. More info was we receive it !

-

10213-1.jpg

These posts can be found on brickipedia as well as on brickset.

What do you think?

I personally can well imagine that it is no wrong information. I mean: There has to be one exclusive Creator set (like last year's Grand Carroussel.

EDIT:

Some more information from brickset:

-

#10213 is a model of one of the NASA Space Shuttles; it includes the exterior fuel tank, the solid-fuel booster rockets, & part of the launch platform; no service tower though. Two of the figs fit in the cockpit; the third looks like a photographer, there to snap pictures of the take-off.

-

Klaus-Dieter

Edit by WhiteFang

New hi-res image is made available. Thanks to Eurobricks member, grogall for bringing us this news. :thumbup:

10213.jpg

Edited by Svelte
Added pic to first post

Interesting. The last shuttle launch is supposed to be in July? I think???

It will probably cost some insane amount and the 1999 Space Port one is OK by me. Wish it had the boosters but it only cost a fraction that this one will.

Can't wait to see some pictures!

Thanks for the news. A new space shuttle would be great to see, and the piece counts suggests it will be pretty large. It seems like an odd choice from a marketing point of view though, considering that the real space shuttles are being retired this year.

There have been two large-scale Lego space shuttles in the past, the Technic 8480 and the 7470 from the Discovery theme. I'm guessing this new one will be similar to 7470 but with the boosters and fuel tank that the previous shuttles lacked. I can't wait. :thumbup:

If this is true (which I most certainly hope it is) I'll definitely be buying it, as I now have more money than before to put towards Lego.

I want this but I know for a fact I won't be able to get it. :sadnew:

Thanks for the information. I don't trust Brickipedia much but Brickset is usually a reliable source and the info looks very real. I think the set will look great like all of the other exclusives, the LEGO Design team isn't going to disappoint us I think. But I doubt I will get the set myself, my LEGO budget doesn't allow it :cry_sad: . Can't wait to see some pictures though. :classic:

Sounds amazing, the uncomplete platform (depending on how it looks) can probably be fixed easily and if i get it I would add a service platform. Hoping for some photos soon :thumbup:

Just for a comparison:

tn_7470-1_jpg.jpg

7470 Space Shuttle Discovery-STS-31

Released 2003

828 bricks, no minifigs

40 cm long, 27 cm wingspan.

Looks a bit smaller than minifig-size, but this one is still a beauty and very, very nice on display! :wub:

I'm really looking forward to the new one. Especially when it comes with the booster rockets! :thumbup:

400 more bricks! Yeah!

EDIT: the pic from Brickset: - EDIT2: A comparison shot from an unknown BS-folder:

10213-1.jpg7470-007.jpg

They are twins! :wink:

Neat. I'd prefer that we didn't have the booster pack, and gotten a bigger, more detailed shuttle instead.

Oh well! Looks great, though! :wub:

The set looks very nice, but personally I don't understand why a Shuttle, and why now? There has allready been a number of Lego space shuttles, and besides it just doesn't feel right in time. What I heard the last flight of the Shuttle is soon, but is that a reason to bring out this set? Or have I overlooked some other good reason?

It looks OK, but not a must-have.

I agree with Mr Mandalorian, I'd have liked a more detailed shuttle although I guess it wouldn't be so displayable. The cheese windscreen looks kind of sucky, to be honest and there's not a lot there for parts fans (unless you love cylinders!)

The timing is odd too :look: Maybe it's a retro release playing on AFOL nostalgia since the shuttle itself is decomissioned :grin:

So is this going to have NASA figs like the earlier space sets? I can see two astronauts and someone else in the corner...

What color is that bottom part, some new Bronze? :oh: I think Lego should make more sets like these, taking old themes and making special sets of them. :wub:

Ok, so now that I've seen it, I must agree that it's not a must have, but still, I'll look into it, hopefully ending with a purchase. I'd love to display it.

Now the question is, do I buy this or the Grand Emporium...

On the one hand, I already own the 7470.

But on the other hand, this looks so COOL.

Will have to see more pictures (and hopefully an inventory) before I jump I think.

I've got a handful of model rockets (Saturn V being one of them :wub:) and this space shuttle set is very appealing to me. I'd have loved to have seen a 2000+ piece version of this to really get the size and details right, but judging from this early pic it still looks pretty good anyways.

WTF ? :oh3:

Where the heck did this pop up from ? :look:

Has Lego done a new deal with Discovery Channel or just with NASA - all these are going to end up in science classrooms around the world......what science teacher wouldn't want to build their own space shuttle eh ? :wink:

We need more detailed shots, it can be seen that the bay doors .....well there are none........one minifig - well where it's positioned it would get fried if the shuttle took off ! :devil:

It's a pitty they didn't approach this design like a SW UCS set, heavily detail it and give it more functions, like the bay doors opening and the robot arm comming out - that would be COOL ! (a bigger redesign of 7470)

Do we know the dollars and cents on it yet ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I would think the retiring of the shuttle is exactly why this is a good time for a new shuttle set, not despite it.

It's like the last chance to get one... like this year has the first part of the last Harry Potter movie; last chance to capitalize on it's success... so we get a new game and sets.

I'd have loved to have seen a 2000+ piece version of this to really get the size and details right....

Well, you could always get these building instructions and get your own parts: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-Custom-Model-Spac...=item2c5171b11c .

"For the serious Lego or Space collector, this model is made from about 3,997 pieces and is over 3 feet long and 16 inches tall....it is built to scale with the minifigures. Features:

1/43 model scale

Retractable front and rear landing gear

Cockpit opens to allow play inside

Hatch and Airlock

Cargo bay doors open and close

Movable flaps and rudder." :classic:

But on the other hand, this looks so COOL.

You said it :thumbup:

While the timing for this is defiantly bizarre, it's still a welcome set in my eyes. Adding in the fuel tank and the SRBs gives it a slight edge over previous shuttle sets. As opposed to being "all vehicle" it gives it a sort of structure feel.

Hopefully it'll be out and I'll have it assembled by November when the final mission goes up. deino2.gif

What an excellent way to commemorate the final missions of the illustrious US space shuttle program! I'm really looking forward to this set. The piece count seems to indicate a $120 or maybe even $100 price point, but I'm not getting my hopes up too far given recent pricing trends. However, I'm definitely going to try to get this. Living in Florida, I've always been interested in the shuttle. Maybe I'll MOC a scale tracked transportation vehicle for it!