General Greivous

8 replies to this topic

#1 Vader

Vader

Member: 83

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:27 PM

Well after i saw a pic on ebay of what the proper general g toy would look like i decided to have another go at making a lego version of him.

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=103042

Im pleased with the way he came out as hes now smaller than the first one i did, but he could do with a better face decal or helmet.

#2 jonfett

jonfett

• The Wise Belville Fairy

Member: 12

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:30 PM

Nice! :D I like the decal you used for the face, it looks really good.
I like the way you built the body too, it looks very accurate and very posable too.
What did you use for the cape??

Jon.

#3 Vader

Vader

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:13 PM

Hi jon, the figure is indeed very possable which is what i was after as the last one i did was'nt.

The cape is made out of an old tshirt, it needed to be thin so i could slip it in between the lego picses.

#4 ApophisV

ApophisV

• The Phoenix

Member: 14

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:19 PM

sweet!!!! when i first saw the thumbnails I though "Hm.... looks a bit bulky..."

But after clicking on it I though "Wow!!!"

Very impressive work!!!

(Actually it was the cape that made my bad eyes think that this MOC is bulky... ;))

#5 jonfett

jonfett

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

Hey nice idea, using the t-shirt. There are lots of expensive fabrics and materials you can use which are very very similar to Lego capes, but why not save money and get rid of that old t-shirt your parents bought you!

Just one other point, some of the pictures are a little dark, you can still see them but it isn't too clear. If you have a photo editing program then you could just increase the brightness a bit.

Jon.

#6 Jipay

Jipay

• Steve Wet

Member: 1

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:52 PM

I want to be onest : this is the best grievious custom i've seen so far. It looks definitly great and I hope lego version to look like yours !  *satis*

#7 Vader

Vader

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:37 PM

Hey peeps ive just put somemore pics on bricklink, there alittle better than the first ones.

#8 jonfett

jonfett

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:19 AM

They are some great battle pics, I like your custom Jedi. Grevious looks great with the sabers, maybe you could give him another one on his foot? Or maybe one on each foot!

Jon.

#9 Vader

Vader

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:24 AM

Jonfett,  Lightsaber blades can be held by the feet but unlike my first Gen G there postioning is limited, glad you liked the jedi but to be honest they were copies of other peoples work that ive seen on Brickshelf etc.

Jipay i too hope that lego give us a fig like mine, however judging buy the way they did the super battle droid i wouldnt hold my breath. I thought that they did a good job with the battle droids but i have to say i really didnt like the super battle droids.

Still when they do make one ill probably use the offical ones head as i really dont like the one ive given him

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users