Jump to content


[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

LDD Digital Official sets

  • Please log in to reply
4109 replies to this topic

#1201 Zblj

Zblj

    Posts: 4515
    Joined: 16-August 09
    Member: 7054
    Country: Slovenia

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

View PostBasOne, on 28 November 2010 - 11:35 PM, said:

8052 Technic Container Transport

Saw the B model in the Index but not the A Model, and as i bought the set a couple of days ago, i thought i'd give it a shot :)

8052 LXF

Missing pieces

Linear actuator, it is in LDD but doesn't line up, so i left it out.
The motor doesn't want to stay in place (not placed correctly and removed) so i removed it.
Decals are ofcourse missing.

Enjoy :)


Good job, but you used wrong gray color!

Edited by Superkalle, 30 November 2010 - 05:09 PM.
Removed quoted image


#1202 Calabar

Calabar

    Posts: 2236
    Joined: 11-April 10
    Member: 10232
    Country: Italy

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

View PostZblj, on 30 November 2010 - 07:46 AM, said:

Good job, but you used wrong gray color!
Hi, remember that images can't be quoted in this topic!  :classic:
However the post of that set is irregular and has not been indexed still.
"Official LEGO Sets made in LDD" topic: Read guidelines before posting!

#1203 BasOne

BasOne

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 08-November 10
    Member: 14130

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

View PostZblj, on 30 November 2010 - 07:46 AM, said:

Good job, but you used wrong gray color!
Thanks but it would be helpfull if you told me wich colour was wrong, the light or the dark gray and wich colour it should be so i can make the changes.
With both the model and the building guide next to me both looked allright.
But hey, i'm still new at this, you learn from you're mistakes  :classic:

View PostCalabar, on 30 November 2010 - 09:33 AM, said:

Hi, remember that images can't be quoted in this topic!  :classic:
However the post of that set is irregular and has not been indexed still.
As with above, it would be most helpfull to know what is irregular so i can fix it  :blush:

Edited by BasOne, 30 November 2010 - 05:37 PM.

Free speech?....... Yeah about as free as a Ferrari!!
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
Laboro te salutante

#1204 Tore M

Tore M

    Posts: 67
    Joined: 13-July 10
    Member: 11970
    Country: Norway

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

View PostBasOne, on 29 November 2010 - 09:07 PM, said:

6752 Creator Fire Rescue Engine

You should specify if the posted set is already in the index, according to topic rules.

There are also a couple of errors, most notably you used the wrong kind of grey. The correct ones are "Medium Stone Grey" and "Dark Stone Grey". I also noticed that the "Outer cable 144mm" is the wrong length (the correct length is not in LDD yet) and that the "Fric. element, cylinder" is present in your screenshot, but not in the LXF.

There are a few other differences when comparing this one to my LXF, but as I have found at least one error in mine I'll leave those be. Posted Image

Edit:
Hot tip: Use Superkalle's LDD Manager to import the brick list from Bricklink before you start building. It totally rocks!

Edited by Tore M, 30 November 2010 - 05:44 PM.


#1205 Aanchir

Aanchir

  • Color Encyclopedia


    Posts: 7636
    Joined: 31-December 09
    Member: 8841
    Country: United States

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

View PostBasOne, on 30 November 2010 - 05:37 PM, said:

Thanks but it would be helpfull if you told me wich colour was wrong, the light or the dark gray and wich colour it should be so i can make the changes.
With both the model and the building guide next to me both looked allright.
But hey, i'm still new at this, you learn from you're mistakes  :classic:

As with above, it would be most helpfull to know what is irregular so i can fix it  :blush:
With grays, here's some rules to remember:

  • Any light gray pieces prior to 2004 are color 2 Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 194 Medium Stone Grey.

  • Any dark gray pieces prior to 2004 are color 27 Dark Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 199 Dark Stone Grey.

  • Any very light gray (sometimes called off-white) pieces prior to 2004 are color 103 Light Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 208 Light Stone Grey.

Needless to say, the years in which sets are released are very important to getting the colors right! If you want help with this, always have the Bricklink inventory of a set open in an internet window while you're building a set. Post-2004 colors on Bricklink are called "bluish gray" rather than "stone grey", but otherwise it basically corresponds to what I just listed (light gray=2 grey, dark gray=27 dark grey, and very light gray=103 light grey). An even better help can be using Superkalle's LDD Manager program, which has a convenient color chart with notes about which Bricklink color name is equivalent to which official LEGO color name.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#1206 Calabar

Calabar

    Posts: 2236
    Joined: 11-April 10
    Member: 10232
    Country: Italy

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

View PostBasOne, on 30 November 2010 - 05:37 PM, said:

As with above, it would be most helpfull to know what is irregular so i can fix it  :blush:
Thanks for your availability!  :classic:
You can read all rules of this topic in the first post!

You post is irregular because the preview image is too big (no more than 512x512 size allowed).
Besides, as Tore M specified above, you forgot to repost that the set is already in the index.
EDIT: I see now that your model is not the same already indexed. As there are two (or more) models, you should specify it your model is the "A" one (and LDDtechnician should have report his model was the "B" one :tongue: ).

If you inserted your set before the last index update, remember to clearly report the update.

Edited by Calabar, 30 November 2010 - 06:21 PM.

"Official LEGO Sets made in LDD" topic: Read guidelines before posting!

#1207 petero

petero

    Posts: 121
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9562
    Country: USA

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

7306 - Golden Staff Guardians - Theme: Pharaoh's Quest

This is an LDD 4 model.

7306 Golden Staff Guardians

The set is complete except for theme-specific parts:

1) The Golden Staff, Khepesh swords and Scarab shields have been replaced with stock parts
2) The minifigure colors are correct, but without patterns

EDIT: I've fixed the colors, found the missing part, and embedded the image.  Thanks everyone for the help and advice!

Posted Image

Peter

Edited by petero, 30 November 2010 - 08:36 PM.


#1208 ADHO15

ADHO15

  • Another day, another hat


    Posts: 3810
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2428
    Country: UK

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

View Postpetero, on 30 November 2010 - 06:57 PM, said:

Also, I could not find the 1x1 plate with hinge (which holds the motorcycle's tail light) in LDD, so I had to use a 1x2 plate instead.  I'm probably just being blind, but I couldn't find it  *huh*
The colors, particularly the tans, are what looks right on my monitor.  I have no idea what the official LEGO shades are.  Bricklink calls them "light tan" and "dark tan", but LDD uses completely different color names.
I don't know what the part is that you're referring to, but I'm pretty sure that all 1x1 clips can be found in the 'modified plates' menu.
You should use Peeron's colour conversion chart to change Bricklink names to LDD names. It's very helpful and you'll soon learn both names. Your golds should also be Pearl Gold which you can get by copying the colour of a glass in DesignByMe mode.

Edited by ADHO15, 30 November 2010 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image------------Posted Image  -  V2.0 coming soon...
Click here to support my Jedi Temple MOC (pictured) on LEGO Ideas

#1209 Aanchir

Aanchir

  • Color Encyclopedia


    Posts: 7636
    Joined: 31-December 09
    Member: 8841
    Country: United States

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

View Postpetero, on 30 November 2010 - 06:57 PM, said:

7306 - Golden Staff Guardians - Theme: Pharaoh's Quest

This is an LDD 4 model.

7306 Golden Staff Guardians

The set is complete except for theme-specific parts:

1) The Golden Staff, Khepesh swords and Scarab shields have been replaced with stock parts
2) The minifigure colors are correct, but without patterns

Also, I could not find the 1x1 plate with hinge (which holds the motorcycle's tail light) in LDD, so I had to use a 1x2 plate instead.  I'm probably just being blind, but I couldn't find it  *huh*

The colors, particularly the tans, are what looks right on my monitor.  I have no idea what the official LEGO shades are.  Bricklink calls them "light tan" and "dark tan", but LDD uses completely different color names.

Peter
LDD's color names are the official names and numbers that LEGO uses. Bricklink's color names are ones that AFOLs online have been using since before many official names were revealed. AFOL names can be inconsistent, but Bricklink's are probably the ones most people are familiar with.

  • All tan parts should be changed from color 283 Light Nougat to color 5 Brick Yellow (in the brown category).

  • All dark tan parts should be changed from color 5 Brick Yellow to color 138 Sand Yellow (in the brown category).

  • All light gray parts should be changed from 208 Light Stone Grey to 194 Medium Stone Grey.

  • All dark gray parts should be changed from 27 Dark Grey to 199 Dark Stone Grey.

  • All blue parts should be changed from 196 Dark Royal Blue to 23 Bright Blue.

  • All dark silver parts should be changed from 27 Dark Grey to 316 Titanium Metallic (in the Metallic White category).

  • All green parts should be changed from 37 Bright Green to 28 Dark Green.

  • All gold parts should be changed from 127 Gold to 297 Warm Gold. Warm Gold is not on the LEGO Universe palette. To get it, click View>New Themes>LEGO DesignByMe at the top of the screen, and create a gold goblet from the minifig accessories category. Then, click View>New Themes>LEGO Universe to switch back to LEGO Universe mode. Use the eyedropper tool on the goblet to select color 297, then use the paint bucket tool to recolor whatever you need in 297 Warm Gold.

For future reference, you can find a color chart listing LEGO color names and their Bricklink equivalents at http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors. Superkalle also has created a more complete list (as well as other tools) as part of his LDD Manager. After some practice you should be able to recall many color names from memory.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#1210 BasOne

BasOne

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 08-November 10
    Member: 14130

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

View PostCalabar, on 30 November 2010 - 06:12 PM, said:

Thanks for your availability!  :classic:
You can read all rules of this topic in the first post!

You post is irregular because the preview image is too big (no more than 512x512 size allowed).
Besides, as Tore M specified above, you forgot to repost that the set is already in the index.
EDIT: I see now that your model is not the same already indexed. As there are two (or more) models, you should specify it your model is the "A" one (and LDDtechnician should have report his model was the "B" one :tongue: ).

If you inserted your set before the last index update, remember to clearly report the update.

*huh*
Well...
Ehm

View PostBasOne, on 28 November 2010 - 11:35 PM, said:

8052 Technic Container Transport

Saw the B model in the Index but not the A Model, and as i bought the set a couple of days ago, i thought i'd give it a shot :)

Missing pieces

Linear actuator, it is in LDD but doesn't line up, so i left it out.
The motor doesn't want to stay in place (not placed correctly and removed) so i removed it.
Decals are ofcourse missing.

Enjoy :)

I think i did state that it was a different model.
And i don't know when you last checked the pic size, but i allready fixed it.

I see where things went screwy.
You were commenting on 8052
Tore M was commenting on 6752

:grin:

Edited by BasOne, 30 November 2010 - 07:54 PM.

Free speech?....... Yeah about as free as a Ferrari!!
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
Laboro te salutante

#1211 Calabar

Calabar

    Posts: 2236
    Joined: 11-April 10
    Member: 10232
    Country: Italy

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Oh yes I based my comments on Zblj quote!  :laugh:
And I didn't noticed Tore M was referring to another post...  :grin:  
When I noticed that your 8052 was different from LDDtechnician's 8052 I edited my post. I mean that the "model" of the set would be useful for me if written highlighted or next set's name! (so it is easier to notice it!)
"Official LEGO Sets made in LDD" topic: Read guidelines before posting!

#1212 BasOne

BasOne

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 08-November 10
    Member: 14130

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostAanchir, on 30 November 2010 - 05:49 PM, said:

With grays, here's some rules to remember:

  • Any light gray pieces prior to 2004 are color 2 Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 194 Medium Stone Grey.

  • Any dark gray pieces prior to 2004 are color 27 Dark Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 199 Dark Stone Grey.

  • Any very light gray (sometimes called off-white) pieces prior to 2004 are color 103 Light Grey. Any later than 2004 are color 208 Light Stone Grey.

Needless to say, the years in which sets are released are very important to getting the colors right! If you want help with this, always have the Bricklink inventory of a set open in an internet window while you're building a set. Post-2004 colors on Bricklink are called "bluish gray" rather than "stone grey", but otherwise it basically corresponds to what I just listed (light gray=2 grey, dark gray=27 dark grey, and very light gray=103 light grey). An even better help can be using Superkalle's LDD Manager program, which has a convenient color chart with notes about which Bricklink color name is equivalent to which official LEGO color name.

Thanks, i can work with that  :tongue:

8052 Container Transport

And

6752 Fire Rescue Engine

Have had their LXF updated with the right gray colours.
Friction element cylinders were missing from the fire truck, are now present.
Removed the 'hoses' as they are the wrong lenght.

Edited by BasOne, 30 November 2010 - 08:13 PM.

Free speech?....... Yeah about as free as a Ferrari!!
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
Laboro te salutante

#1213 petero

petero

    Posts: 121
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9562
    Country: USA

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:57 PM

View PostAanchir, on 30 November 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

LDD's color names are the official names and numbers that LEGO uses. Bricklink's color names are ones that AFOLs online have been using since before many official names were revealed. AFOL names can be inconsistent, but Bricklink's are probably the ones most people are familiar with.

Other than the ones you corrected, all the colors were perfect  :laugh:

Thanks very much for your help!  I've changed the colors and uploaded the new LXF file.  The Peeron conversion list is exactly what I was looking for.

Peter

#1214 Tore M

Tore M

    Posts: 67
    Joined: 13-July 10
    Member: 11970
    Country: Norway

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

8270 Rough Terrain Crane (Main model) - Theme: Technic - LXF file

Posted Image



...and the alternative model - LXF file


Posted Image



Errors:


#1215 Aanchir

Aanchir

  • Color Encyclopedia


    Posts: 7636
    Joined: 31-December 09
    Member: 8841
    Country: United States

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

Just built all three versions of 5892 Sonic Boom from the Creator theme. Prateek built version one here, but I decided to build all three versions for my own entertainment.

Version one:

Posted Image

LXF File

Errors:

  • As prateek observed, there is a collision error that prevents the light bricks from being placed as instructed, with the front of the light brick 54869 recessed partially into the engine piece 43121. The light bricks have been left to the side.

  • Additionally, although the stud on the transparent brick 3062 fits into the interior hole of the engine piece 43121, LDD will not recognize a connection at that point. This is an odd error, as brick 3062 normally does not have any problems connecting to a Technic hole (unlike many other bricks). Regardless of the reason for this error, the bricks have been placed appropriately using a scaffold, and "float" in the correct position.

Version two:

Posted Image

LXF File

No errors.

Version three:

Posted Image

LXF File

Again, no errors.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#1216 marco9999

marco9999

    Posts: 233
    Joined: 29-September 10
    Member: 13516
    Country: Italy

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

5866 - Rotor rescue - Creator

To Calabar: a "bonus" extra version of this set has been officially released by Lego and was posted by Toa_Of_Justice. It is indexed as "Version II". Just notice that what I'm posting as version II is something different.

Version I - LXF
Posted Image

Version II - LXF
Posted Image

Version III - LXF
Posted Image

I couldn't notice any error.

Edited by marco9999, 01 December 2010 - 07:38 AM.


#1217 BasOne

BasOne

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 08-November 10
    Member: 14130

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

Set# 8273
Set name: Off-road Truck
Theme: Technic
Model: Primary

Posted Image

8273 LXF

Missing:

Decals Offcourse

Hose, Rigid 3mm D. 7L / 5.6cm
String, Cord Thin 200cm

Errors:

Gear 8 Tooth wouldn't fit in the lift arm, i put it on the side.

Edited by BasOne, 01 December 2010 - 01:25 AM.

Free speech?....... Yeah about as free as a Ferrari!!
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
Laboro te salutante

#1218 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5634
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

View PostBasOne, on 01 December 2010 - 01:23 AM, said:

Set# 8273
Set name: Off-road Truck
Theme: Technic
Model: Primary
Errors: Gear 8 Tooth wouldn't fit in the lift arm, i put it on the side.
Hi. Can you please help pinpoint which lift arm it will not fit on.
Also, you used the wrong dark grey color. It should be the Dark Stone Grey  :wink:
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#1219 BasOne

BasOne

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 08-November 10
    Member: 14130

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

View PostSuperkalle, on 01 December 2010 - 09:01 AM, said:

Hi. Can you please help pinpoint which lift arm it will not fit on.
Also, you used the wrong dark grey color. It should be the Dark Stone Grey  :wink:

LXF with the right grey is now uploaded.

Upper lift arm beneath the black worm wheel.
Free speech?....... Yeah about as free as a Ferrari!!
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
Laboro te salutante

#1220 petero

petero

    Posts: 121
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9562
    Country: USA

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

UPDATED: 5988 - Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins - Theme: Adventurers (Desert)

I've made a major update to 5988, which is in post #3.

Added car, its figures and gear

Updated to LDD 4

Link to updated post

Peter

#1221 Superkalle

Superkalle

    Posts: 5634
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4755
    Country: Sweden

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

View PostBasOne, on 01 December 2010 - 12:05 PM, said:

Upper lift arm beneath the black worm wheel.
OK, I see it. It's the same problem that Zbjl have remarked a couple of times with 6536 CROSS BLOCK.
Eurobricks Digital Design Forum - for all your LDD and Ldraw cravings

#1222 Jaymercury

Jaymercury

    Posts: 21
    Joined: 25-November 10
    Member: 14374

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

5920 Island Racer - Adventurers / Dino Island

Posted Image

LXF

Missing decorations.

#1223 Tore M

Tore M

    Posts: 67
    Joined: 13-July 10
    Member: 11970
    Country: Norway

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

View PostBasOne, on 29 November 2010 - 09:07 PM, said:

6752 Creator Fire Rescue Engine  A Model

B model allready indexed.

Sorry to be such a pest, but all three versions of 6752 have already been indexed. The fact that the index is sorted by date and not by set number might have fooled you, it took a while before I noticed as well. Posted Image

@Calabar:
There is a small error in the index, "- 6752 - Fire Rescue - by Tore M" should be "- 6752 - Fire Rescue [Vers III] - by Tore M"

#1224 BasOne

BasOne

    Posts: 457
    Joined: 08-November 10
    Member: 14130

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

View PostTore M, on 01 December 2010 - 01:14 PM, said:

Sorry to be such a pest, but all three versions of 6752 have already been indexed. The fact that the index is sorted by date and not by set number might have fooled you, it took a while before I noticed as well. Posted Image

@Calabar:
There is a small error in the index, "- 6752 - Fire Rescue - by Tore M" should be "- 6752 - Fire Rescue [Vers III] - by Tore M"

Dang, now i see  :cry_sad:

Indexing by set number would be easier  :laugh:

Had fun building it though, and that's the most important thing  :wink:

Working on 8051 now..
Checking index again......

Pfew... not indexed  :tongue:

Edited by BasOne, 01 December 2010 - 06:15 PM.

Free speech?....... Yeah about as free as a Ferrari!!
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
Laboro te salutante

#1225 Jaymercury

Jaymercury

    Posts: 21
    Joined: 25-November 10
    Member: 14374

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

5934 Dino Explorer - Adventurers / Dino Island

Posted Image

LXF

Missing decorations.
Missing old hinge and windscreen.
Missing treads.
1x2 tile placed to the side because there's no connection for it in the middle of the car seats.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LDD, Digital, Official sets

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users