kurigan

my Latest LDD ship

That is a very nice creation! The masts are a bit too long perhaps, but they are nicely detailed and look great.

A 48 gun 5th rate ship? From 44 guns a ship was classed in the 4th rate. :pir-classic:

I think you have done a mighty fine job on this. :thumbup:

Great work, it is beaty expect the mast are bit too long at me, otherly fine job

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Wow, a beauty of a ship. Do you mind if I experiment with the design to use in a brick-built hull? keep bricking :pir_laugh2:

That is a very nice creation! The masts are a bit too long perhaps, but they are nicely detailed and look great.

A 48 gun 5th rate ship? From 44 guns a ship was classed in the 4th rate. :pir-classic:

I think you have done a mighty fine job on this. :thumbup:

My Mistake, perhaps i shouldn't have posted half asleep. The real world Lively was in fact a 30 gun 6th rate (14 guns to a broadside with 2 chasers aft), that, like mine would likely have carried a number of small cannonades on her top deck that were not counted in her official classification. When i was reviewing my design and composing a description, i forgot my research and simply counted the gun ports. It's actually quite embarrassing as i quite a bit more knowledgeable than this blunder lets on. In any case, thanks for the correction keep looking and feeding back.

as for the masts, it is by choice that the main mast peaks a bit high. Not only do i just like the exaggerated look, but i wanted her to be able to throw up just a little bit more canvas than is typical, perhaps allowing her to live up to the name. If you look it is only by the extra top mast that she is to tall, a reasonable modification.

Very good LDD ship :thumbup: The shape is perfect with a good tumlehome.

The masts are also great, but when they are so tall, you might also give it 4 sails to the main mast.

And the yards could be a little bit longer or lower. Now you get a rather strange fore- and mainsail.

Anyway, it's a nice ship, are you planning to make it in real? Would be awesome :pir-classic:

And: blogged.png

i gotta get this program that u guys use to make ur stuff on the computer b4 u actually build it!

OK, not to be scrubish, but please stop mentioning the masts, I already addressed that, it is intentional, moving along. Thanks for the kind words; the hull was my primary concern. I’ve been working, keel up so to speak on making my models more and more realistic. I started making very rudimentary designs, trying to stick too rigidly to the classic pirates format with out the benefit of specialized bricks (like hull sections and ratlines). Look through my photo bucket and you’ll see the progression of complexity, as quite obvious. Any one can use my ships for inspiration, that’s why I put them here, a lot of the elements I’ve recently started incorporation, like head rails, were inspired by what I saw here. Alas I wish I could afford to build, any one of my LDD vessels, but I’m afraid I just lack the funds, even to piece them together from used bricks. Perhaps in the future (let's hope near) that will change, in that event I’ll put together as much of my fleet as is humanly possible. Never the less, I’ll keep working, refining and building my fleet.

Are you planning to do this LDD ship for real bricks maby? I need to get that program for somewhere too couse ur ship is looking super

Captain Becker

Thanks for the front-page Admiral Croissant! The recognition and kindness mean a lot, sorry it’s a bit more than a week late, I didn’t even realize. I only noticed when I was doing some goggle image searched for more inspiration and saw my own creation. That feels pretty awesome. Again thanks, to you and all.