Crockett's last stand, he is the one in white with his gun raised

dsc02941.jpg

A Mexican soldier getting what he deserves

dsc02919.jpg

It's based on this painting by Robert Jenkins

fallofthealamo.jpg

Learn more:

The Battle of the Alamo

I would like to dedicate this MOC to the brave men who fought, and died for what they believed in during those 13 fateful days in 1836.

Any C & C or suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Capt. Stabbin

:jollyroger:

This is a neat idea for a battle. The redcoats make great stand-ins for the Mexican army. One thing I have noticed, having been to the Alamo in San Antonio, the building has a more rounded top section. Otherwise I think this is a great battle with strong significance to the people of Texas and the United States as a whole.

Excellent work so far! I like the action and the background buildings. The ground has been done nicely as well.

I like the minifig poses, the guy standing on a stone with one foot is my favorite.

Great job, and keep it up! :pir-classic:

beatiful ork mate, i really like the buildings what you ptted in there and the battle scene is instresting too

Captain Becker

An amazing battle scene, with one of the most well known moments in American history depicted. Excellent work mate, excellent indeed :thumbup:

Good MOC :thumbup: I see you have quite a big army and the background building is also nice.

Do you know what torso you used for the guy with the white suit in the middle? That one might be useful for my MOC as well.

Very good start, the minifig action is great! The buildings and landscape look really good, keep it up. :pir-classic:

Good MOC I see you have quite a big army and the background building is also nice.

Do you know what torso you used for the guy with the white suit in the middle? That one might be useful for my MOC as well.

The man with the gun in the air? It's from the Indiana Jones set, Ambush in Cairo.

Thanks for the comments!

meschepers--

If I'm not mistaken the rounded top portion was added during restorations done after the 1836 battle.

Admiral Croissant & Alex the Great--

Yes, it is the Ambush in Cairo set.

Thanks,

Capt. Stabbin.

Finally another texian on eurobricks!Rember the alamo!Only thing I see wrong is that the top should be flat not round (It was repaired after the war with made it molded into that top.) Yes everything else is correct including the redcoats (arguable),fighting hand to hand,mexicans storming the wall, I hope those muskets stand for rifles, and were's davy crocket? almeron dickison? colonel travis? Well it can't be perfect, just make a San Jancinto MOC after the contest please. :thumbup::thumbup:

and were's davy crocket? almeron dickison? colonel travis? Well it can't be perfect, just make a San Jancinto MOC after the contest please. :thumbup::thumbup:

Crockett is suposed to be represented by the guy in the middle with his gun raised, like in the painting. As for Travis, his positon was at the north wall, my moc depicts the final moments of the siege in front of the chapel. But if I had enough legos I would do the whole thing, that would be awesome!

Thanks,

Capt. Stabbin

Here is an update, YEAH!!!! I've only been able to work on it a little bit, on account of our basement flooding from the severe weather we have been experiencing.

dsc02873.jpg

The Mexican army storming the palisade between the chapel and the low barracks

dsc02874.jpg

dsc02875.jpg

dsc02877.jpg

dsc02880.jpg

Although there is no conclusive evidence that the 1824 flag flew over the Alamo, and it is very likely that it did not, I have chosen it because it is the flag most associated with it and long thought to be there.

Capt. Stabbin

Edited by Capt. Stabbin

Great creation! I like it!

It's just that...the red uniforms throw you so far off. Research tells me they were a dark blue color. So far, only the Mexican Dragoons and Infantry Officers wore red.

Also, you should work on covering the sides of the diorama, as to conceal the blue and other colored plates.

But I like the building itself very much!

I hope the flooding will not do too much damage!

It's just that...the red uniforms throw you so far off. Research tells me they were a dark blue color. So far, only the Mexican Dragoons and Infantry Officers wore red.

I was under the impression that different regiments had different colors, red being one of them. Not sure I have the skill, or materials to make customs.

Although it is a movie, The Alamo starring John Wayne depicted a regiment wearing redcoats.

Thanks for the comments!

Capt. Stabbin

Great updates. I really like the colors of this creation.

Excellent update are you SURE your not done?

I've updated the first post and had a moderator change my WIP thread to an entry thread. I haven't changed much except figure postions, and a couple of finishing touches on the buildings. As for using redcoats for mexican soldiers, sometimes you just have to make due with what you got. I did make a couple of custom torsos, but i didn't focus any pictures on them because I was not happy with how they turned out(They are the ones with the blue torsos). This has been a fun contest and a privilege to be a part of. I hope you enjoy it.

C & C Welcome.

Thanks,

Capt. Stabbin

Edited by Capt. Stabbin