cavegod

Ultimate Collectors Scale All Terrain Armoured Transport

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Well here you go pictures as promised.

Total weight is

7516g

Peices over 5000, i weighed a 100g selection of lego and that was 90 peices but theres a lot of tech pincs and 1x1 plates/tiles/bricks etc so could easily be 8000 peices

gallery_101_55_31684.jpg

gallery_101_55_4770.jpg

follow the link for all the pictures.

Brickshelf folder

Flikr

Ahh drats, not public yet.

Very impressive, I remember seeing in process shots.

Can't wait for the folder to be public.

Wow. Very nice. The AT-AT is (in my opinion at least) one of the most impressive and memorable vehicles from the Star Wars films and this model sure does it justice. The USC sign is nicely done as well. Also, clever way to find out the piece number.

I'm somewhat speechless but fortunately my fingers can still type! :grin:

This is a beautiful model and 7000 pieces is a painful reminder as to just why its unlikely Lego will release a similar UCS build. But Cavegod, you can sit back with a proud beer and enjoy the fruits of your labor whilst the rest of us (minus Guybrush and Rocko) can merely look and weep and dream and rant and rave yet live in hope that one day we may also enjoy a beer as rewarding and deserving as the one you've just so recently relished!!!

Congratulations on a difficult, rewarding and spectacular birth. I've enjoyed your updates and relentless, unforgiving attention to detail....

EDIT: Hmm... I just thought it interesting to add that the 8097 Slave 1 review by CopMike was up-loaded a full three hours before the final UCS AT AT post yesterday and yet has around 3500 hits compared with about 90, currently, for this thread. We could add another 11,000 hits for Cavegods updates over the last four months but then CopMike's review of 8087's minifigs has had 10,000 hits in two days!!

At this rate Lego's official new Boba, Bossk & Han in carbonite minifigs with a slightly updated Slave 1 re-release is going to over-shadow this fantastic work of art by a dedicated AFOL. I'd realized minifigs were popular but not to this extent. I for one am stunned that in the space of 24 hours a few thousand visitors have ignored this thread, especially given that a UCS AT AT is no casual accomplishment for any Lego practitioner intrigued by the art of building with 'the brick'.

Surely Boba ain't that cool!?!

Edited by Aeroeza

thanks for the praise guys,

as for minifigs you will notice that the t-47 is unmanded as i have no pilots in orange jump suits, all i have is anie from the pod racer and the 10179 figs, the rest are lego classic space men, they don't do anything for me i'm afraid just like all the sets lego is releasing this year that we know of.

Simply stunning rendition cavegod!

It's great to see it finally finished and looking so beautiful! :thumbup: Awesome work!

What's next? An interior?! :cry_happy:

Nice! I really liked that vehicle most when I first saw Episode V as a kid.

I also like some of the changes you made in comparison to Rocko's AT-AT, esspecially the main gun design is a huge improvement. :thumbup:

I like the UCS sign and the head, however some closeups would be nice. Might be in the folder though (which unfortunately isn't yet public).

I'll come back when it is.

Great job!

Perfectionist

That is one hell of a beast you have built Cavegod! Love it! :wub:

Only improvement for me would be to incorporate a minifig crew and passengers but as you already said you aint a big fan of the minifigs I guess we will just have to imagine this monster towering above hordes of infantry.

Taken from Rockoh's design, but added a few personal touches, yes?

It's obviously brilliant and extremely impressive, but the most amazing thing is that you built it right off of a picture! You figured the whole thing out!

Now give it a motor and remote control! :tongue:

Wow! The details look amazing. The size and weight is unbelievable.

The underside is nice and the head is just incredible.

Well Done :classic::thumbup:

There was a time in my young life when building the most impressive Imperial Walker out of Legos was the most important goal in life. You have accomplished this goal, and then some. Life at its fullest. Congratulations, haha

Fabulous, a real work-of-art :wub:

You finally finished it and the result is magnificent. I love the details on the AT-AT!

I think the neck turned out tremendous and even the underbelly is movie accurate.

The size is huge and the proportions great, like the real thing.

Well done, truly amazing :cry_happy::thumbup:

Now just take a picture of this with the official version and let us see how it dwarves them...

Fabulous, a real work-of-art :wub:

You finally finished it and the result is magnificent. I love the details on the AT-AT!

I think the neck turned out tremendous and even the underbelly is movie accurate.

The size is huge and the proportions great, like the real thing.

Well done, truly amazing :cry_happy::thumbup:

Now just take a picture of this with the official version and let us see how it dwarves them...

i don't think i have the parts left for the official lego version its eaten it all up!

i don't think i have the parts left for the official lego version its eaten it all up!

Well, the new one is coming out soon so that could be used. Or you cold take it apart and upgrade this model... if it can get any better! :wacko:

I think wow jsut doesn't cut it for me, I logged on here, saw this an my initial reaction was :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: :oh: I love all the detail on this, it looks like an At-At was shrunk and put into lego. The addition of a card was genius as well. A truly well done and beautiful moc. Keep bricking mate, truly and seriously keep bricking :thumbup:

Incredible! With such amazing detail and scale, the only thing I can ask is, are there any functional bits or interiors? :classic:

Ohh, that's just perfect. I think the model is about as big as the models that were used in the film set. :thumbup: