Sign in to follow this  
Lele87

Lego 8258 Crane Truck Mods

hi to everybody! also I have a fantastic set 8258 and as soon as it has arrived to me I have brought some changes.

I am Italian, therefore I apologize me for my not good English!! :cry_sad:

cimg0572k.jpg

cimg0566p.jpg

cimg0569g.jpg

cimg0573c.jpg

Welcome to Eurobricks Lele87! I hope you don't mind; I made a new topic for your modded 8258. :sweet:

hi to everybody! also I have a fantastic set 8258 and as soon as it has arrived to me I have brought some changes.

I am Italian, therefore I apologize me for my not good English!! :cry_sad:

Welcome aboard. Nice mods.

Thanks for the welcome one!! :sweet:

this is the change that I have done for regulating the steering gear. with the drill I have rounded off the connector (with a 5mm point) and with a grapevine block the axle in the desired position :wink:

cimg0574x.jpg

I like the fact that you're willing to modify your MOC (by drilling a hole to insert a non-Lego screw). Although the Lego "purists" out there possibly won't approve of this modification, Lego Technic FUNCTION will always trump appearance. :classic: A custom modification like yours requires custom parts. If your truck were REAL, truck mechanics would do the same thing. Lego bricks can't do everything....

Hmm.. I'm not quite understanding the purpose of drilling out the axle conector and inserting the screw. Can you elaborate more please?

Hmm.. I'm not quite understanding the purpose of drilling out the axle conector and inserting the screw. Can you elaborate more please?

Maybe he wanted to line up steering axles, by drilling connector and inserting axle at any angle.