MOC: A Tribute to the Monsters

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 The Librarian

The Librarian

Member: 2993

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Less happy with this lot. I didn't spend as much time planning them out. Oh well. At least I'm giving a chance to the black hats as well as the heroes.

Posted Image

Once more, a full set of pics on flickr: here.

Enjoy!

#2 The Crazy One

The Crazy One

Member: 3823

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

I really like this set aswell, though I don't like the Rhakshi that much I am afraid. The other ones are great however!

Edited by The crazy one, 10 April 2010 - 09:16 PM.

#3 Brickthing

Brickthing

• Mr. Perfect

Member: 4229

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

These are a great lot of MOCs as well! I especially like the Slizer, Bohrok and Makuta's weapon.

On both these MOCs and the Toa, you're building with a great style that exaggerates the menace or boldness of the characters. You're lack of pieces isn't really noticeable either, and if it's what forced you to rebuild Bionicle elements out of Technic parts (such as the Piraka feet  :thumbup: ), less pieces might be making your MOCs look better!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines --------------- Index of helpful tutorials

#4 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:18 AM

Awesome job! I love the Bohrok, Rahkshi, and Makuta :thumbup:

#5 The Librarian

The Librarian

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

Thanks! Glad these have gone down well too!

View Post3D Brickthing, on Apr 11 2010, 08:36 PM, said:

These are a great lot of MOCs as well! I especially like the Slizer, Bohrok and Makuta's weapon.

On both these MOCs and the Toa, you're building with a great style that exaggerates the menace or boldness of the characters. You're lack of pieces isn't really noticeable either, and if it's what forced you to rebuild Bionicle elements out of Technic parts (such as the Piraka feet  :thumbup: ), less pieces might be making your MOCs look better!

Well, it certainly forces invention! And I am fond of those feet...

And thanks, I'm glad I've managed to make them look good! Incidentally, I think that spear is the biggest weapon I've ever built for anything. Dratted thing's over a foot long!

#6 The Eye

The Eye

Member: 9386

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

That's amazing! Every single one of these is great, especially that Makuta! The red armour looks perfect on him. It's like a fashion show!
Star Wars Wishlist: Battle of Naboo (bought December 31st, 2010), Imperial V-Wing, Sith Infiltrator, Millennium Falcon

It all begins with a single brick...

#7 DeathMakuta

DeathMakuta

Member: 11129

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

Some brilliant mocs. By the way, what gave you the inspiration for the Vahki body design and who was the last picture meant to be? :thumbup:
The Evil Architect

#8 The Librarian

The Librarian

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

View PostDeathMakuta, on Jun 4 2010, 01:32 PM, said:

Some brilliant mocs. By the way, what gave you the inspiration for the Vahki body design and who was the last picture meant to be? :thumbup:

Cheers, glad you like them!

The 'Vahki' was more or less Rahkshi inspired. I replicated the body design I used for the Lehrak as far as possible and added the Vahki segments as I went along. It was one of those models that 'just happened'!

The last model in the set is a Makuta, although it's not really meant to be any one in particular. I don't have a Mask of Shadows, so I used the Onua Mistaka mask as a substitute. It looks about right to my mind.

#9 Mr.GanBit

Mr.GanBit

Member: 9716

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hey guys, not sure if it's appropriate to ask this (or where, for that matter), but can somebody help me build the Makuta Librarian made?
I've PM'd him about it and he couldn't remember but I had his blessing trying to figure it out.

Not having much luck trying to do this on my own and was wondering if you guys could help me, it's for a birthday present (no rush though, I've got plenty of time).

Thanks in advance!

#10 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Member: 28078

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

Awesome Bohrok. I like Slizer a lot. Good idea about using the Vakama launcher. The Piraka is slightly creepy, but not as good as the others. I also think the Vahki. Whatever that thing after that is, it is awesome. The Rahkshi is really great. And that Makuta-thing is really awesome.
Ninjago. The only place where robot octopods, purple cyborg dragons and magical chainsaws are to be expected.

My MOCpages
Galaxy Squad Set Suggestions

#11 ZORK64

ZORK64

Member: 14137

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Great MOCs overall! I think my favourites are the Rahkshi and the Judge Slizer. I'd love to see your take on the Blaster Slizer.

I also like Makuta. The mask you picked is also a good alternative to his regular head.
I know that I know nothing.
Ich weiß, dass ich nichts weiß.
Visit my MOCpage!

#12 exxtrooper

exxtrooper

Member: 5208

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

I really love all of these, though again I love everything that is Bionicle these days. I especially like the Rahkshi, it looks very similar to the Rahkshi featured in the Bionicle Heros video game, possible inspiration perhaps?  :laugh:

Posted Image
Newest Lego creation(s)/other: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#13 Tahian

Tahian

Member: 31008

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Even of this MOCs is good, but last is the best from their.

#14 Mr.GanBit

Mr.GanBit

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostMr.GanBit, on 20 August 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

Hey guys, not sure if it's appropriate to ask this (or where, for that matter), but can somebody help me build the Makuta Librarian made?
I've PM'd him about it and he couldn't remember but I had his blessing trying to figure it out.

Not having much luck trying to do this on my own and was wondering if you guys could help me, it's for a birthday present (no rush though, I've got plenty of time).

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

#15 sheedun17

sheedun17

Member: 32534

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

love the last one! the color scheme, weapon, head, and everything else are perfect ! :laugh: the second is like a revamped bohrok, and im a fan of classic bionicle.

#16 Mr.GanBit

Mr.GanBit

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostMr.GanBit, on 20 August 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

Thanks in advance!

Still need help!

#17 dekkino

dekkino

Member: 124667

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

wow amazing!

#18 godzilla

godzilla

Member: 124887

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

I'm actually really impressed. They look a lot like the originals, but still have small characteristics that show the originality.

#19 legozebra

legozebra

Member: 122923

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:05 AM

I love the Bohrok's second pose, it looks great and intimidating (when I was little I always called the sets "chickens" because of that motion, but you have made it much better!)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
"One has not truly lived until they have seen the world through the eyes of madness." -Vezon

My brickset collection! http://brickset.com/...nedby-Legozebra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users