Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Stabbin

Viva La Revolution!

[pid][/pid]223C

Hey everybody!

After reading an old National Geographic article about the bicentnial of the French Revolution, I was inspired to do this moc. It was interesting to learn a little French history, considering I didn't learn much about that in the good ol' USA. It's loosly based on a painting depicting the execution of Louis XVI. Enjoy!

dsc02826.jpg

dsc02827.jpg

"Turkey legs, get your turkey legs here!"

dsc02830.jpg

dsc02831.jpg

dsc02833.jpg

And now for Robespierre, face up!

dsc02837.jpg

Comments and criticism welcome.

Thanks, Capt. Stabbin

:jollyroger:

It is nicely done but a bit too cruel at me. That was a horrible way to die, specially when they were usually have to wach when the blade came and cutted he`s/She`s head. But at me it is ok

Captain becker

Good job! Nice work on the guillotine. I believe most soldiers were 'bluecoats' there but that's just a small detail.

For the rest it's a good MOC. Now I finally understand why Blackmoor changed his head, his previous one was cut off :pir_laugh2:

Hehe, that's indeed a very very nice guillotine you have there!

However the soldiers you have there are bloody Redcoats! British used to hang their victims during that time...

But that's only a minor nitpick since the Lego Bluecoats are quite old (From 1989 to 1993) and I can fully understand if not everybody has them.

The overall look of your creation seems very appealing to me. :thumbup:

Perfectionist

I would have used bluecoats but, I don't own any. Maybe one day. And unfortunatly the blade does not move up and down, Its just for looks.

thanks,

Capt. Stabbin

Nice one, I especially like the guillotine design! :thumbup:

I won't speak about all the historic errors and inconsistencies here, but there's something killing me every time I look at this topic's title, sorry :pir-grin: It's "VivE la Révolution!" "Viva" is spanish or portuguese :shark:

Nice one, I especially like the guillotine design! :thumbup:

I won't speak about all the historic errors and inconsistencies here, but there's something killing me every time I look at this topic's title, sorry :pir-grin: It's "VivE la Révolution!" "Viva" is spanish or portuguese :shark:

That's funny because I realized that a couple of minutes after I posted this!! No way to change it now.

Thanks for the comment.

(oh and BlueBard it's spanish.)

:pir-look: So?

Edit: Ok, I just realized you thought it was a question :pir-laugh: What I tried to say that "viva" is actually a spanish or a portuguese word :classic:

Edited by BlueBard

:pir-look:

Ok, I just realized you thought it was a question :pir-laugh: What I tried to say that "viva" is actually a spanish or a portuguese word :classic:

Sorry my mistake.

Sorry my mistake.

Don't worry :pir_laugh2: Actually I'm spanish, that's why I asked what was "wrong" with that :pir-tongue: