64 replies to this topic

#1 Svelte

Svelte

• We miss you Schmelt!

Member: 1768

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:27 AM

Posted Image

Dear Eurobricks Members,

As our beloved site continues to grow and expand, so too does the team that brings you the best and the brightest LEGO set reviews in the whole AFOL community! We Teachers are committed to making the Reviewer's Academy as inclusive as possible, so with that in mind I am pleased to announce the launch of a new Teacher's Pet program. Here's the deal, in summary:

'Teacher's Pets are those who are keenly interested in the reviewing process but don't have the energy or time to commit to the full 9-review intensive grading process. By signing up to be a Teacher's Pet, you will gain an exclusive 'Apple' tag and be required to cross-check a Teacher's grading in ordinary reviews. For example, point out where the Teacher may have missed a dark-edged photo or made an inadvertent spelling error. Teacher's Pets will provide an invaluable service in ensuring 100% quality reviews are produced by the Academy. Sign up today! As a pilot program, the Teacher's Pet scheme is subject to revision at any time.'

This is a great way for your voice to be heard!

As this is a trial, places are limited to 20 sign-ups at the moment. We have 10 red apple tags and 10 green apple tags to give to those who are ready to take the first step. Simply post in this thread with the words 'I am ready to become a Teacher's Pet!', state your preference for a coloured tag, and we will be in touch with more details very shortly.

Here are the tags:

Red apple:

Posted Image

Green apple:

Posted Image

Thanks!

#2 Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous

• RA Anniversary HP reviewer

Member: 6188

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:50 AM

Indeed, I foresee that the Teacher's Pet System will greatly increase the quality of our reviews. I look forward to seeing who can help us out with this!

Flickr~Brickshelf~Bricklink Store~Sale/Trade Topic
Check out my ABOUT ME page for more links!

#3 ILikePi

ILikePi

Member: 5159

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:29 AM

I would like to sign up for this as I always notice small errors, but first, a question: What if I decide that I want to keep on reviewing? :look:

Of course, this could be another cunning April Fool's joke set by the staff/teachers - I've never seen tags just given away like this :hmpf:

Edited by ILikePi, 01 April 2010 - 05:32 AM.

Find out more about me on my WIP About Me page!
Latest LDD model: 7263 Temple Escape - Flickr - Brickshelf - My Collection (Brickset)

#4 Svelte

Svelte

• We miss you Schmelt!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:31 AM

View PostILikePi, on Apr 1 2010, 02:29 PM, said:

I would like to sign up for this as I always notice small errors, but first, a question: What if I want to also keep on reviewing? :look:

It's designed as an intro course so you're probably too far along... it's not envisaged that you do both programs at once.

#5 JCC1004

JCC1004

Member: 4845

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:31 AM

I'm not positive if this isn't a joke but the concept of it is pretty good. The teachers here are very good and I don't believe I've ever seen something wrong in a RA Approved review. I personally think my camera is too bad for the RA. I'm wanting to contribute to EB, I already do the Straight shooter's List but some more wouldn't hurt me at all. "I am ready to become a Teacher's Pet!" if this program is true. Green is better than red in my opinion.  :tongue:

Edited by JCC1004, 01 April 2010 - 05:34 AM.

#6 ILikePi

ILikePi

Member: 5159

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:33 AM

View PostSvelte, on Mar 31 2010, 09:31 PM, said:

It's designed as an intro course so you're probably too far along... it's not envisaged that you do both programs at once.
Ahh, thanks for the info. Please ignore my first post...

Find out more about me on my WIP About Me page!
Latest LDD model: 7263 Temple Escape - Flickr - Brickshelf - My Collection (Brickset)

#7 Svelte

Svelte

• We miss you Schmelt!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:35 AM

Thanks JCC! :sweet:

We'll wait for more shows of interest before posting any more info.

#8 Izzy

Izzy

• Strip me naked and slap me with an Atlantic Salmon

Member: 1628

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:49 AM

I am ready to become a teachers pet!

Even though I  have earned up to a Silver Tag and am only 1/8th of a review away from becoming a teacher myself, I am willing to give up doing any reviews of my own to become a Teachers Pet and just help. I think I can be of great assistance in that way.  :grin:

Pweasey Sveltey can I have a green apple? I will bake you a delicious pie with it.  :wub:

To Do Is To Be - Nietzsche  
To Be Is To Do - Kant    
To Be Or Not To Be - Shakespeare    
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Flickr

#9 Svelte

Svelte

• We miss you Schmelt!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:52 AM

Hmm, I didn't realise that there would be interest from current enrolees  :sceptic:

On the other hand, it has been almost a year since you did your 8th review...

I will have to confer with the other Teachers. At the very least, I don't think you can have both a silver tag and an apple. You may have to choose between them.

#10 MetroiD

MetroiD

• Lost in the forest of life

Member: 5374

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

Knowing far too well just how overburdened Academy Teachers can sometimes get with new members eager to post their reviews and receive an assessment on those ASAP, I can only look at this as a brilliant idea indeed. Not to mention the fact that being a proud apple-bearer should instantly alert other members that Teacher's Pets know their stuff when it comes to precise evaluation of situations, hence they should not be messed around with, especially if they are in a pet.

Besides, in the future this can easily be considered the Reviewers' Academy very own VIP Program.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:10 AM

There are only so many teachers, so applicants, DON'T WAIT!

#12 YG-49

YG-49

• Missed one

Member: 5171

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

[By-the-books-signup]

I am ready to become a Teacher's Pet!

My preference is red.

[/By-the-books-signup]
SPACE FOR RENT

I felt my old sig was too big, so it's gone.

I'll miss it.

My fantastic avatar is by Jebediahs.

#13 Palms

Palms

Member: 5689

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

I am ready to become a Teacher's Pet!

My preference is green.
Everyone else thinks I'm crazy, but in reality they are the crazy people. -Myself

Posted ImagePalmsPosted Image

Finally got his Star Wars tag (yay)!!!

#14 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

View PostMetroiD, on Apr 1 2010, 04:38 AM, said:

Knowing far too well just how overburdened Academy Teachers can sometimes get with new members eager to post their reviews and receive an assessment on those ASAP, I can only look at this as a brilliant idea indeed. Not to mention the fact that being a proud apple-bearer should instantly alert other members that Teacher's Pets know their stuff when it comes to precise evaluation of situations, hence they should not be messed around with, especially if they are in a pet.

Besides, in the future this can easily be considered the Reviewers' Academy very own VIP Program.
Ruh Roh, I think this is a hint.
"Apple-less Academy Absentee"

#15 JCC1004

JCC1004

Member: 4845

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

So are we going to be paired up with a teacher?  What about the brief donning Def? Or the soft as velvet Svelte? What about Santa Clause himself? What about the magical disappearing Inky? :oh:

#16 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

View PostJCC1004, on Apr 1 2010, 10:05 AM, said:

So are we going to be paired up with a teacher?  What about the brief donning Def? Or the soft as velvet Svelte? What about Santa Clause himself? What about the magical disappearing Inky? :oh:
In time, this is a brand new program.

#17 def

def

• White Reggaeist

Member: 4268

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

View PostJCC1004, on Apr 2 2010, 12:05 AM, said:

If it'll make a difference, I'll take you under my wing  :wink:

Did I review your Academy review and you've waited more than three days for a follow up after you fixed it?  PM me.  I'll get it done.

I am a Satanist and not ashamed.

My Facebook! My Tumblr My Book!

#18 RoryoCox

RoryoCox

• Photography Contest Winner

Member: 7213

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

Can I join this new program?

I would love to take part and I am surprisingly good at pointing out mistakes in other peoples work and not my own.  :tongue:

If you allow me to enter I would love the red tag.

Burman.

RoryoCox

#19 Rick

Rick

• Where's My Ostrich?

Member: 5261

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

View PostBurman, on Apr 1 2010, 07:27 PM, said:

I would love to take part and I am surprisingly good at pointing out mistakes in other peoples work and not my own.  :tongue:
There never seems to be a shortage of people like that...  :grin: Enjoy your apple and make all those RA reviews even better :wink:

#20 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

Okay, so do you have to be in the RA to join? And all we do is follow our "teacher" around looking for mistakes? If so I want to be a Teacher's Pet. If I can, can I have a green one :classic:

#21 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Ass

Member: 7199

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

This seems perfect. I'd like to sign up. Don't have the time (or the camera) to actually make decent reviews, but I know what the actual content should be.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 42.2 Rogue Thief in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 17 Berserker in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#22 Svelte

Svelte

• We miss you Schmelt!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:22 PM

View PostCallMePie, on Apr 2 2010, 07:12 AM, said:

This seems perfect. I'd like to sign up. Don't have the time (or the camera) to actually make decent reviews, but I know what the actual content should be.

Well, that's not a very promising start if you can't follow a direct request and say what colour tag you want :wink: Attention to detail is key for a Teacher's Pet! :laugh:

#23 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Ass

Member: 7199

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Ah.  :blush:  Well, in that case, red. "I'm ready to become a a Teacher's Pet!"

Also, as JCC mentioned last page, are we going to be Pets to a specific teacher, or do we get free roam on any reviews by an Academy member/student?

Edited by CallMePie, 01 April 2010 - 11:42 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 42.2 Rogue Thief in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 17 Berserker in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#24 RileyC

RileyC

• >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3

Member: 5251

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

Im ready to become a teachers pet!
Im preference is red. green ( :blush: Sorry changed my mind)

I know how to make a great review but I dont have the time to sit down and take decent pictures then edit them. So I think this will be good for me :classic:

Edited by Roncanator, 01 April 2010 - 10:59 PM.

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia

#25 brickme

brickme

• Dead Messenger

Member: 6489

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

From a student's perspective, I think this a GREAT idea. However I do have one question. Will the Pets be able to view the teachers' forum or will they only be let in the regular forum.
"A lie is a lie. Just because they write it down and call it history doesn't make it the truth. We live in a world where seeing is not believing, and everything you know is wrong." -Woods
Playing as Louis Harrison, a Police Officer in Bob's Red Scare Mystery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users