Bricktrix

Bogie Suspension

I saw this on Flikr - ingenious! When are the full part-by-part instructions being published? :laugh:

Edited by Matt Dawson

Thank you :D

I think you probably saw the old design that required physically pushing downwards on by hand to get it to opperate (it was really only for exhibitions).

I've only just posted this new design / article on Flickr, this one allows full operation by carriage weight alone ;)

Excellent design 'Bricktrix' ! :grin:

Question......it high speed doesn't those tube pieces being used like leaf springs don't pop out the 1x1 clip tiles ?

As in the photo on flickr they appear just to be being hold in.

In any case, very cool idea and looks genuine too ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thank you :classic:

No problems so far after some quite extensive testing.

Whilst it does not look it, the connection is surprisingly strong

brilliant :thumbup:

finaly people are making lego trains more realistic and functional. I will definatly be using this in my mk1's (8-wide :devil: )

I am very happy to see you've joined eurobricks and i hope you will share more of your models with us.

thanks, cb

Wild idea here! I never thought to try reproducing working suspension for trains in LEGO. Well done on the design and execution. I'm not sure this is something I will consider adding to my trains, but it is way cool nonetheless! Out of curiosity, what drove you to try and design something like this (aside from being able to say it can be done)? I've never had the lack of suspension be a problem on my layout so I'm interested to know if you have encountered situations where suspension is technically helpful or if this is more of a move to get more realism into your MOC's. Either way...it's cool. I love seeing the innovation in this community. It's really amazing what some people are coming up with.

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Thank you guys :classic:

Davey, in answer to your question these 2 links may help explain a little more:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31223598@N08/4430397776/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31223598@N08/...57615123982797/

I've never encountered a problem or felt the need for suspension in LEGO trains. It was only after being particularily impressed by Pete Watermans models having working suspension that I thought it would be a nice feature to be able to show the public at exhibitions on one carriage by pushing down on it manually. After posting images of my first design, the usefullness that this could provide for exhibition running where track is often very bumpy due to odd level tables started to become apparant from various comments. These led me to further look into making this self working from carriage weight alone.

What I have pictured are the basics, I feel there is a lot of scope all around them to suit personal requirements.

Whilst I had no plans to, I will be making a 4 carriage rake using these, but I'm more interested in building it into an engine and tender now I've seen the potential;)

Pretty clever. Could you imagine if new LEGO Hobby Trains were to include working suspensions? I haven't even seen this in HO or G-Sacle trains. This is definitely advanced building. :wub: