Sign in to follow this  
pedro

s.IG.33 Infantry Gun

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is my entry for MOCpage's MOCathon Real Vehicle category.

The 15cm s.IG.33 Infantry gun or 15cm schwere Infanterie-Geschütz Model 33, was first introduced as early as 1933 and was the heaviest of the German infantry guns. The development of a hollow-charge anti-tank round plus a stick grenade for use against fortifications meant that the gun would continue to be used tight up until the end of World War II.

I originally started toying with this MOC to feature in an Indiana Jones LEGO comic I was working on but never finished. The MOCathlon gave me the boost to change my original design dramatically and make a far more accurate representation of the real thing.

sig-01.jpg

A gun like this would be crewed by several men but I've just included one here for the purposes of scale.

sig-02.jpg

The front barrel can independantly pivot upwards up to 80 degrees (sorry, no photo).

sig-03.jpg

sig-04.jpg

The bar at the back serves for quick redeployment...

sig-05.jpg

sig-06.jpg

It's great fun trying to get detail into smaller builds like this. It's my first military MOC and I followed reference images closely. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

C & C welcome.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Herman, wants big boom ! :wink:

AWESOME cannon 'pedro' - like the cannon shells too - cute ! :devil:

Excellent design, very spot on for that era !

I'm a conformist! 'pedro' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I absolutely love this. It would be great if you would post a photo of the parts used in this great creation so I can try to build one myself. I hope to see more WWII MOCs from you on here. GREAT WORK!

Thanks for the kind remarks!

It would be great if you would post a photo of the parts used in this great creation so I can try to build one myself.

I'll take some photos when I have a moment. :wink:

Wow, a truly beautiful MOC, I would love some photos build by as well, it would be great to own one of these little beauties.