Captainkiwi

The HMS Royale

[pid][/pid]99a

post-9793-1268193891.jpgpost-9793-1268084308.jpg

I recently watched the movie Master and Commander: The far side of The World, And it inspired me to make this ship.

It is loosely based off the HMS Surprise frigate, but due to the lack of pieces I had, I could not make it exactly accurate.

Now it's a 14 gun brig from the Napoleonic era. There are 6 guns on each broadside as well as 2 smaller ones on the stern.

The crew consists of a captain, his lieutenant, 3 midshipmen, a boatswain, a coxswain, a cook, a surgeon, many able seamen,

and a small unit of royal marines.

This ship has a full interior of the gundeck and great cabin, but I could unfortunately only post 2 pics.

So like I said I am new to classicpirates and eurobricks, so I don't know anyone yet.

Please leave some positive feedback, and hopefully the pics are good even with my extreme photography.

Thanks! EDIT: The newer pictures including the whole crew and cabin are on post#12!!!

Edited by Captainkiwi

I recently watched the movie Master and Commander: The far side of The World, And it inspired me to make this ship.
You're not the only one! It's a great movie and I believe that it has inspired many people here to build Lego ships :pir-classic:

Anyway, welcome to the forum. As a first ship this is certainly not bad. It has nice sails, and the crew and flag are also good.

You could make the bowsprit a little bit longer and I think 3 masts would also fit on this ship (and that will make it look even more impressive!).

For the rest it's pretty good :thumbup:

Fantastic ship 'CaptainKiwi' - yeah that's enough guns to get the job done. :pir-classic:

Can't wait to see the interior of it - looks beautiful on the outside - does it have the crew you speak of or do they need to go back to port and aquire some, eh ? :pir-cry_happy:

Great job of ship building and I'm a conformist! 'CaptainKiwi' I'm a conformist! 'Master and Commander' ! :pir_laugh2:

I recently took apart this brig and I didn't take that many interior pics. I do fortunately have a picture of the geat cabin with the checkered floor and another shot showing the whole crew.

Since this is a reply I dont exactly quite know how to post these even if I make the photo smaller.

Hopefully I can post them in the first post, but I'm not sure how.

Cap'n kiwiwiwwiwi

Great vessel! I too am a huge fan of”Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World” which lead me to Patrick O’Brian’s “Aubrey/Maturin" series on which the movie is based. If you are unaware you hit on a successful homage, as Capt. “Lucky” Jack Aubrey’s first command was the 14-gun brig “Sophie”. Again great job!

Oh thanks! I just looked at some pictures the sophie and it is pretty close. I also found out that when you comment on a post it goes back to the top. :thumbup:

A ver simple yet enjoyable ship. It is functional and the playability is great. Its the kind of LEGO ship that I don't feel is "too nice" to play with. It fits the bill of what a LEGO pirate ship should be. Top marks!

-martinsuper

It is nice vessel :pir-classic: (Luckily a British one :pir-tongue: ) and 14 cannons (If we count those two smaller cannons on the deck) it will be very powerfull ship nice and good job mate, keep it up :thumbup:

Captain Becker

A very nice ship, I have to admit. Maybe if the whole ship did not look so massive, it would be even better! If you ares till willing to work on the ship, I suggest you do some work on the cabin, because it may give the ship a whole new look. I'm just giving advice. :pir-classic:

I really like this one! Good job all around. It has some very memorable features and little details that I like. But, it says that the Brickshelf gallery is still private!

Thank you for realizing that! I just made it today and I do not yet know that much about the site.

I will go to the help menu and try to get things organized

Thank you for realizing that! I just made it today and I do not yet know that much about the site.

I will go to the help menu and try to get things organized

I really like your ship (even after already seeing it several times)

When you create a folder on brickshelf, you have to wait a while (Until a moderator approves it) before it can become publically viewable.

And what are you getting organized?

:pir_yoda:

Hmm, I can't believe I hadn't yet commented on this ship, its a very nice design, big enough to be powerful, yet sleek and maneuverable. Very nice design, keep bricking!

Fire Storm, Captain of the Flame Rat :jollyroger:

I really like your ship (even after already seeing it several times)

When you create a folder on brickshelf, you have to wait a while (Until a moderator approves it) before it can become publically viewable.

And what are you getting organized?

:pir_yoda:

What i meant by getting organized was making my brickshelf viewable, but know I know that it's not a big problem thanks to you!