WIP HMS ... ?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic  – Started by Alamai , Mar 05 2010 06:42 PM

#26 ElPirata

ElPirata

Member: 9388

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

View PostAlamai, on Mar 6 2010, 06:46 AM, said:

when EVERYTHING is rdy (and thats still a lot of work to do), shell get some custom sails and custom rigging....

alamai

As Far as sails are concerned, I personally use Duck Cloth(Canvas), but a bit of forewarning if you use it, I highly recommend that you get them hemmed, or they'll fray around the edges...like mine have. But they look great as sails. Aha! Found the list:

Glorious Illustrious Courageous Zealous Tenacious Audacious Majestic Lexington Intrepid Triumph Centurion Triton Crusader Endurance Saratoga Agincourt Avalon Swiftsure Roanoke Union Exeter Success Adamant Hope Athena & Isis. Personally, I think Athena, Audacious, Centurion, or Sentinel would go nicely with that warship ‘a yorn, but that my good sir, is completely up to you. The perks of building a ship, is the promise of getting to name it whatever you wish to.

#27 Captain Becker

Captain Becker
  • Pirate Pig

Member: 8823

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

i just love it :pir-wub:  it looks fantastic, i like all the details great work mate keep it up

Captain Becker
My LEGO collection

"An Admiral a day, keeps the Doctor away" General Skalldyr in ToR II

Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey Bluecoats FTW
Thank you Jebediahs

#28 palo12

palo12

Member: 7262

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

WOOOOW ...improvements??? this ship needs NOTHING to improve !!! its amazing! i have no words to add.I love the doors to the cabin...everything is perfect!

#29 gotoAndLego

gotoAndLego

Member: 8984

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

View PostGeneral Redwater, on Mar 7 2010, 03:26 PM, said:

...Besides that it is a remarkable ship! :pir-classic:  The name should be------H.M.S. unsinkable

The Molly Brown for short.
-----
Please support my Lego Cuusoo projects:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

FLICKr

#30 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

Member: 9536

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

What the fack.. :pir-blush:  you'r good:O
i like the 2 decks full of cannons.

do you already know a name?
it likes a fregat. and because a fregat is a speedfull ship i think you can call it HMS Interceptor

#31 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

Member: 9536

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

View PostFlying Dutchman, on Mar 10 2010, 06:05 PM, said:

What the fack.. :pir-blush:  you'r good:O
i like the 2 decks full of cannons.

do you already know a name?
it likes a fregat. and because a fregat is a speedfull ship i think you can call it HMS Interceptor

#32 Admiral Blockbeard

Admiral Blockbeard
  • Cat Lover

Member: 2872

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

First of all, amazing build!

I have had my fair share of tinkering in MLCad, and can truely appreciate just how dedicated you were in the first steps to making this fine ship. Hopefully, you doing this helps show just how great the digital processes can be and just how valuable it is in planning. Unlimited bricks and building potential indeed.

I am so inspired by your creation I have fired up the old MLCad, and started to build my own, based on your design, imitation after all is the ultimate form of flattery. If you could find a way to share the file it would be awesome, I could study more indepth the techniques you have used.

Only one criticism my friend, the yellow bow ropes. I know its classic LEGO style, but your ship, only has that yellow part, it looks out of place, I would recommend a light brown, or perhaps dark tan a risker suggestion going for a gold look. It is only 1x3 plates after all.

Regards,
Cpt. PB

Posted Image

#33 Jack Bricker

Jack Bricker

Member: 8047

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:27 AM

Absolutly Gorgeous! :pir-classic:   It is really impressive.  I wish I had the money to build something like that but, my funds are all tied up saving up the Prince of Persia sets. :pir-sweet:

#34 brickmaster 31

brickmaster 31

Member: 9428

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:04 AM

loved the deck details and the comparison to the two imperial flagships. how long did it take to build?

"We're going to steal the ship?"
                                                    "Commandeer. We are going to commandeer that ship"

Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, in potc 1

#35 Commodore Hornbricker

Commodore Hornbricker
  • Cyborg Chef Splatter

Member: 5169

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

Great Ship.  I didn't read through all the posts (rather busy the last few months) so I don't know if she got a nice name.  I love the bow and the tiled decks.  The colors and overall shape is really nice as well.
Posted Image Sail on over to the Port of Brick Royal
"I am not having him flogged for fighting, Mr. Gerard." - Horatio Hornblower

#36 yodel88

yodel88

Member: 34858

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

I love the front and back parts, but also the beatiful masts!

Do you have the digital design of ur lesunkya or something which you can share to me? :sceptic: Dont need the details just the ground parts u know...

Thanks anyways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links