6 replies to this topic

#1 mahjqa

mahjqa

Member: 108

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:48 AM

Youtube link

Posted Image
Posted Image

At our meeting we have PF vehicle races, and for the last one I built two. This seemed like a good way to show them to the world.

#2 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

What fun!  Making small Power Functions vehicles can allow for fender-to-fender, bump-and-go racing!  Do any of the vehicles ue te #8183 Track Turbo RC or #8184 Lego Racers RC platforms ( http://www.bricklink....asp?P=bb396c01 )?

I like the picture of your car in front of your city skyline at sunset.  What city are we seeing?

#3 mahjqa

mahjqa

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

What fun!  Making small Power Functions vehicles can allow for fender-to-fender, bump-and-go racing!  Do any of the vehicles ue te #8183 Track Turbo RC or #8184 Lego Racers RC platforms ( http://www.bricklink....asp?P=bb396c01 )?
Nope. I tend not to use the standard RC chassis, as it's very slow and underpowered. In my Flickr Photostream there are many pictures of PF frames. Here are some:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I like the picture of your car in front of your city skyline at sunset.  What city are we seeing?
The magnificent city of Rotterdam. It looks quite nice - from a distance. :classic:

#4 mahjqa

mahjqa

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

By the way, I would also like to thank the moderator (I suppose) who embedded the youtube video. Thanks!

#5 Tobbe Arnesson

Tobbe Arnesson

Member: 9582

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:33 PM

Haha, nice video! Love the flip and the skid-parking! Those cars look like a lot of fun!

#6 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

Did "The Chase" vehicles use the "Basic 2-axle Chassis Instructions" from the Hard Truck Contest website http://www.doublebrick.com/htc ?  (NOTE:  You'll have to scroll down to the bottom of that webpage to see the instruction link in the bottom-center of that web page).  If your designs are a bit different that the truck chassis design, do you have some instructions for young people to build their own Power Functions racing cars?

#7 mahjqa

mahjqa

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

Nope, I prefer to build my own chassis. I've linked to a couple in this post. Most of these have enough pictures to figure out what's going on and build your own. I'm still planning to make instructions for a new one, but I'd have to use only basic elements so everyone would be able to build it.

However, making instructions is a long and tedious process, and most of the time I'd rather spend my limited time building new stuff.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users