Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Mexican Church II

indexed.gif

Over the last few days, I wanted to revisit the last standing structure from my Mexican Village, the Mexican Church, making it into a complete structure. The result is this much larger building (without figs at this time), but now with an interior and more.

mexicanchurchfin.jpg New Photo!

The original church as seen in the Mexican Village:

0mexicanchurch.jpg

Not much has changed toward the front, except for one higher layer of bricks, and the added bell:

front.jpg

leftdiag.jpg

Two additional tan plates have been added to extend the front section:

left.jpg

The church now has a bell:

bell1.jpg

That can turn/swivel when the chain is pulled:

bell2.jpg

The right side of the church:

rightdiag.jpg

right.jpg

An extra door adds one additional access point:

dooroutside.jpg

Shall we go inside?

The big red roof lifts off easily:

roof.jpg

Inside right:

inright.jpg

Inside left:

inleft.jpg

Next to the inner door is a small shelf for storing sacramental supplies:

doorinside.jpg

The priest can sit inside a small room to hear confession:

confessional.jpg

The alter:

alter.jpg

Stairs and a ladder lead up into the tower:

tower.jpg

And lastly, the rear of the church with stain glass window:

back.jpg

Please note: these images were taken at night, so a flash was present in all the images.

Comments welcome.

Nice! Looks like a real church. Like the wood print on the altar, fits well. :thumbup:

"Oh, that AlfredTheBrickster! Never fails to amaze me!" © Batman The Penguin

Very well done! I just love all those little details you add to your MOCs. This church really gives me a feeling of being small, poor, provincial one. ) :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Excellent work on the interior, TheBrickster. You really managed to utilize the interior space well. Just not so sure about the combination of tan and yellow. But then again, your choice of 'fences' is probably limited by the available colors. Well done mate!

Nice church, with a beautiful interior which really fits the building. :thumbup:

The working bell looks really nice, I am not sure about the yellow but it certainly adds color to the interior.

the Inventor

A really nice revisit to this church Brickster. Well done on the seating and altar. The bell is a nice touch too. :thumbup:

Great work, just what you'd expect in a small village.

Not too much richness, but a plain and straightforward church. Such a parish would not have money for fancy stuff.

I like it. :thumbup:

Well you've done it again 'The Brickster' - you have blown us away again ! :grin:

AWESOME ! :laugh:

The bell, the altar, pews, booth, everything and not to forget the stainglass window !

You are a genius - totally I'm a conformist! 'The Brickster' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very nice indeed, Brickster! :thumbup:

I would use a different door style, though. I don't like these doors and I think it doesn't fit the building too well, but probably that's just me.

Anyway, good job! The interior is great!

Thank you all for the feedback. I appreciate the comments.

Just not so sure about the combination of tan and yellow. But then again, your choice of 'fences' is probably limited by the available colors.

I was trying for a "gold look" with yellow. I do have grey and black, but thought the yellow was a nice touch of color.

I would use a different door style, though. I don't like these doors and I think it doesn't fit the building too well, but probably that's just me.

Really? I really like the arched door and thought it blended in nicely.

I was trying for a "gold look" with yellow. I do have grey and black, but thought the yellow was a nice touch of color.

Really? I really like the arched door and thought it blended in nicely.

Agreed, you need a bit of color.

The arched door looks great as a side entrance. Especially the way you placed it: recessed, i.e., turning in- not outward.

Thanks all for your positive feedback.

Here's a revised image of the entire church:

mexicanchurchfin.jpg

Alternate image with different background:

mexicanchurchfin2.jpg

Hi TheBrickster,

this church is starting to look really good. I really like the updates you have done.

My suggestion for improvements would be to give it a bit of a weathered look.

so break up the tan and red roof a bit with other colors.

So some reddish brown slopes in the roof and maybe some dark and light grey plates in the walls.

you could also add some 1x1 and 1x2 tiles on either tan or grey headlight bricks to break up the wall and create some depth.

For the landscaping you could consider some additional "dead" ((reddish)brown) bushes next to the church.

Maybe some height difference with plates for the landscaping to create some dust accumilating.

You could also consider giving the front some small white highlights at the windows and doors, like you did with the small windows on the sides.

Thanks for sharing. :classic::thumbup:

Hope this is helpfull.

Kind regards,

Teddy

mexicanchurchfin2.jpg

That's a totally awesome MOC, TheBrickster! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

The exterior looks simply amazing and very realistic and the interior is quite nice, too! :oh:

I esp. like the exterior architecture, the bell and the colorful window behind the altar.

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Fantastic creation TheBrickster, I can't believe I missed this for so long!

This looks much better than your original, which looked good already, I love the larger size and added details. The bell especially looks great. The addition of the cacti, stained glass window, lock on the door and other such features really make the whole thing.

A wonderful interior too, I love the way you've arranged the pews and front. I think there is a little too much yellow there though. The entrance to the upper level is really worked in well to without altering the design of the building too much, and the various jars and glasses ad nice details.

Fantastic stuff!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Oh wow, the interior is awesome. I love the pews and front mantle, the church bell is also great, it actually turns to ring! The cactus idea was also cool, a different way that I feel gives a more accurate look. Really great MOC, the outside reminds me of the shurch in Kill Bill.

You never dissapoint.

Thanks for the feedback guys! :classic:

and very realistic and the interior is quite nice, too!

Had to include an interior this time KD - just for you. :wink:

The inside is large enough to include some details that are limited in one-sided buildings/Classic Town structures.

The entrance to the upper level is really worked in well to without altering the design of the building too much, and the various jars and glasses ad nice details.

Thanks BB. In fact, the entire back side (main interior building) can separate easily from the front section as it was built much later as an add-on.

Really great MOC, the outside reminds me of the shurch in Kill Bill.

I'll have to check that church out BC. I don't remember it from the movie. This was the inspiration:

mexicanstreet1.jpg

Amazing work, TheBrickster, I just love the realistic interior, especcialy the benches and floor inside the church. Also the tower and the 'confession' room are really well done (as usual).

You did a good job with the photoediting of the backgrounds too.

Thanks for sharing, I don't know how I missed this thread before.

I just love the realistic interior, especcialy the benches and floor inside the church.

Thanks Z. I really appreciate your feedback. I never spend a lot of time on interior details, so thanks for noticing. I know that it could be a lot better.

This is your best MOC ever Brickster! I love it all the way, both the outside and interior.

It is obvious your MOCing skills are improving and this sets high expectations for your future work.

This MOC just feels like Mexico all the way.

I just :wub: it!

This is your best MOC ever Brickster!

Thanks Bon. That's a really nice compliment. This is one of my personal favorites, but I'm not sure that I'd say it's my best work. I think the interior could be better, but there's something about the front design that made me keep it built after taking apart the rest of the Mexican Village.

mexicanvillage3x128.jpg

In fact, I had it set up in my Train Town for a while before the add-on:

town6-01.jpg

Interestingly, I made the front section toward the end of the Mexican Village build, after most of my tan pieces had been used. The village would not have been complete without a Spanish Mission though, so this was the result.

I showed a few of the pictures to a friend that made a similar comment - maybe it's just the removable roof and the extra interior that adds to the overall quality.

My Grimwell Manor used a lot of tan and arches as well, and probably had more exterior detail:

grimwellmanor2.jpg

In any case, thanks again for the nice feedback. :classic: