Rebel Bulldozer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Commander_Rob

Commander_Rob

Member: 3863

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

Posted Image
I built this thing a while ago, originally intending to copy the small tracked vehicle from the Temple of Akator set after using it in the 2nd Indiana Jones game.
The design was changed and at some point I put a Hoth Rebel in it and so it became a Rebel vehicle. Some time ago it appeared in one of my pictures for the photography thread, now this is the full presentation.

So here is the Yutrane-Trackata BLD-0235, a small bulldozer-like vehicle used by Rebel troops on Hoth for patrol duty and for building defences.
Front 3/4:
Posted Image
Rear:
Posted Image
Side:
Posted Image
Without minifigs:
Posted Image

In case anyone wonders, the background is snow.

More pics at my flickr

Comments and criticism welcome!

Edited by KimT, 19 May 2010 - 08:29 PM.

Just call me Rob.

#2 Col. Brik

Col. Brik

Member: 4374

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

I like it. Small piece count but you know instantly what everything is and for. Good display. I like the back packs off the sides. Nice touch to the dozer.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

Very nice little MOC 'Commander Rob' - must be a throwback to the 'Old Republic' days eh ? :grin:
Although maybe this Posted Image might give you a better looking front end. They do come in white and light grey - perfect for the snow and rebel vehicles.
Good design job anyway and 'Commander Rob'........keep on bricking ! :yoda:

#4 Brickus

Brickus

Member: 6717

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

That's cool Rob, very nice design.

#5 Walter Kovacs

Walter Kovacs

• Tooting his own horn

Member: 3106

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:18 PM

Overall I like the design.  As the good Colenol said, I like the backpacks off the side.

My biggest beef is the grey set of wheels inside the tracks.  I think it would look better if they were all grey or all white (white would probably look better, in my opinion).  I understand completely if you have a limited brick supply, though.
Mafia results - Won: Eurodina (Scum), Werewolf (Town), The Forest (Town), Eurobricks Mafia 2 (Town), Mafia Mafia (Town)
Lost: Dr Bloodbrick's Asylum (Town), Harriet Slutter and the Philosopher's Balls (Town), Party Lines (Town)
Hosted: Unrest in the Forest, won by the Maples (Scum) and the Serial Killer.

Currently Cosplaying as the Flash in def's Cosplay II - Pelly's Paradise Mafia

#6 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

• Can't remember his own name

Member: 5406

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

Ahh I was wondering when you would post pics of this vehical Rob! :thumbup:  :sweet:
I like the desgine of it, the back would be a good little space to transport troops. :thumbup:
I like how you have used that old cockpit piece.
Nice job with the vehical!

CommanderFox
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#7 John31388

John31388

Member: 9501

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

I like it, nice design looks like it gets the job done.

#8 Bobskink

Bobskink

• Gumbear Commander

Member: 1925

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:53 AM

Very cool, looks like a real Lego set.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Commander_Rob

Commander_Rob

Member: 3863

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

Thanks very much everybody, it's always nice to get so much appreciation for a simple design.

About the design: That piece would indeed make a better front end, lightningtiger, but I fear I only have it in dark green (Jungle Cutter) and a single white one (Tantive IV radar dish). If I had some more, I'd used that piece though.

I have some more of the track wheels in white somewhere and I'll probably put those on once I come across them. Until then, I'll just assume that those are the only powered wheels and thus look different (lazy excuse, but it works).

Those bags were actually more of a late addition, when I placed those two Rebels in the cockpit piece (one of my favourite Lego parts), I had to put their bags somewhere. I think it nicely recalls all the bags and packs you sometimes see on tanks and other military vehicles.
Just call me Rob.

#10 Bobskink

Bobskink

• Gumbear Commander

Member: 1925

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

View PostCommander_Rob, on Mar 2 2010, 05:21 PM, said:

Thanks very much everybody, it's always nice to get so much appreciation for a simple design.

About the design: That piece would indeed make a better front end, lightningtiger, but I fear I only have it in dark green (Jungle Cutter) and a single white one (Tantive IV radar dish). If I had some more, I'd used that piece though.

I have some more of the track wheels in white somewhere and I'll probably put those on once I come across them. Until then, I'll just assume that those are the only powered wheels and thus look different (lazy excuse, but it works).

Those bags were actually more of a late addition, when I placed those two Rebels in the cockpit piece (one of my favourite Lego parts), I had to put their bags somewhere. I think it nicely recalls all the bags and packs you sometimes see on tanks and other military vehicles.
haha, seems your lazyness helped you out quite few times, lazyness or creativity... :thumbup:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Eskallon

Eskallon

• Plays with His Ponies in the Corner of His Exploding Glass House

Member: 4444

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

Really nice little vehicle for the troops, I mainly like the backpack on the side.  :thumbup:

#12 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:42 AM

Hello!

Indeed I think such vehicles were imparable for the Rebels on the ice planet. :classic: Good use of the big 5-wide cockpit piece.

Cheers,

~ Christopher
Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#13 Loganwan

Loganwan

Member: 5011

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Definitely a good start.  I could see all kinds of tracked vehicles being made for Hoth.  I agree that the back-packs are a nice touch.  Now you have me thinking...especially since I have been collecting the new Hoth sets.  Hmmmmm...
How many bricks can a Eurobrick brick, if a Eurobrick could brick bricks.

#14 lego_storm_trooper

lego_storm_trooper

Member: 9794

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:26 AM

thats cool, not a war set but a thing greatly needed for the rebels!

Edited by lego_storm_trooper, 04 March 2010 - 03:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users