Admiral Bejaune

WIP Teaser of an American Frigate

UPDATE ON PAGE 6

Hey everyone, its been a while since I posted a MOC. I've been busy with work. But here is something I have been working on lately. An American super frigate based off of the USS President. 54 guns. Built on 7 midsections. Should be competed by sometime next month.

Update

ussp1.jpg

ussp2.jpg

ussp3.jpg

usspresident.jpg

usspresident2.jpg

Keep in mind she's a WIP so changes will probably be made before she is completed. I will post more updates!

P.S. Sorry about the dark photos, its dark here. I'll take some better pics when the sun is out that way the details of the hull can be seen.

-Admiral Bejaune

Edited by Admiral Bejaune
updated pics

Looks great Admiral! Just a shame that the photos are a little dark. Still, not really your fault - black ship, and we don't expect you to set up a studio for WIP photos. Keep up the great work, I'll be following this one closely. :pir-classic:

Very nice! :pir-grin:

It really does look a lot like the USS president!

Keep up the great work!

I L-O-V-E :pir-wub: that gold detailing you used on the stern, it really complements the black and white colorscheme.

Very accurate too, but i'm not sure if you'd consider this a US or British ship, because the US first built it in 1800, but was captured in 1815 by the british.

Still, a great recreation. If you want to make it more accurate, I'd make the sterncastle a tad longer. :pir-wink:

:pir_yoda:

I always LOVE your ships! finally a proper American frigate for the seas. good luck with the rest of it.

Thanks! Glad to know that people enjoy them as much as I like building them!

Looks great Admiral! Just a shame that the photos are a little dark. Still, not really your fault - black ship, and we don't expect you to set up a studio for WIP photos. Keep up the great work, I'll be following this one closely. :pir-classic:

Sorry again for the dark photos. Ill take some better pics during the day to show all the detailing on the hull.

Very nice! :pir-grin:

It really does look a lot like the USS president!

Keep up the great work!

I L-O-V-E :pir-wub: that gold detailing you used on the stern, it really complements the black and white colorscheme.

Very accurate too, but i'm not sure if you'd consider this a US or British ship, because the US first built it in 1800, but was captured in 1815 by the british.

Still, a great recreation. If you want to make it more accurate, I'd make the sterncastle a tad longer. :pir-wink:

Pearl gold rules! The stern is not completely finished, but I will try out your Idea of making the side galleries just a bit longer. And she will be presented as an American frigate with the name USS President.

-Admiral Bejaune

Looks like it has a lot of potential so far! Your last ship was stunning and looked so realistic in the pics, so I deffinitly look forward to seeing how this one turns out. Keep up the good work!

I'm sure this is going to be a very fine vessel!

Great colours, good shape, I can't wait to see more of this one.

Good luck with the build!

And did I spot a bluecoat flag there? will she be French after all? :pir-sweet:

A beauty of a ship so far! can't wait to see how she looks when finished, and welcome to the Americans :pir-grin: :pir-grin:

She's starting to look promising admiral.

I really like the fact that the brown underside and black above blends perfectly, and the line of the whole thing is just brilliant! :thumbup:

Although still WIP, I already love this ship. The line is perfect and I like the color scheme of these US Frigates a lot.

Also the stern looks great. Although you're not including a direct shot of the stern I can see parts of it on the first picture.

Your MOC Expert tag is very much deserved!

Looks great indeed, and also I will follow this thread closely.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Looks great! Can't wait to see the end product!

As Bonaparte has already mentioned, the stern and the color scheme are very nice!

Thanks for the pics!

Edited by funkybrick

I was wondering, on how many mid-sections are you building this ship?

I have been talking with Mister Bejaune the whole time thathe has been building this, and I think from memory it's on 6. I could be wrong though.

I was thinking 5 or 6, but I wasn't sure. I have a frigate in about the same state of development as this one on my shelf for a few months now. Seeing this beauty is inspiring me to continue building and finish the ship.

I have been talking with Mister Bejaune the whole time that he has been building this...

That almost sounds like torture to me :tongue:

I was thinking 5 or 6, but I wasn't sure. I have a frigate in about the same state of development as this one on my shelf for a few months now. Seeing this beauty is inspiring me to continue building and finish the ship.

That almost sounds like torture to me :tongue:

The ship is built on 7 mid sections.

Pearl gold rules! The stern is not completely finished, but I will try out your Idea of making the side galleries just a bit longer. And she will be presented as an American frigate with the name USS President.

-Admiral Bejaune

I'm fine with the name either way (might be nice to have another redcoat ship though). Can't wait to see it done!

P.S. You have A LOT of jumperplates. How many do you have? like 1000?

Here is an update on the ship. Note that the dark blue flag on the stern next to the pearl gold one will be replaced with another pearl gold on. And the stern might change a bit upon completion. Im still designing the bow. A much need, very large bricklink order is due to arrive at my shipyard hopefully next week in order to finish her. Then comes the ever so tedious rigging step.

Note, she is built on 7 center sections.

More detailed and clear pictures will come with completion!

usspresident5.jpg

usspresident6.jpg

Edited by Admiral Bejaune

Whoa! What an amazing piece of work Admiral! I see a great ship over there, with a nice coloursheme and great shapes.

Almost like a real ship model! I'd love to see a picture from the stern galleries, looks great!

Keep it up Admiral! :thumbup:

What a piece of art admiral :pir_laugh2: Too bad at it isnt a British ship :pir-tongue: Anyway, i love the back gallery and id like to know are you planning to make and cabinet inside the back gallery?

Great work admiral Keep it up

Captain Becker

I can't see a lot on these pictures, but the blue on the stern looks very good when you see the entire ship (and otherwise as well :pir-classic: )

This will become a very fine vessel, keep up the good work :thumbup:

Wow, its coming along very nicely, a true beauty! I was going to try the stagger technique on my schooner, but decided against it because I saw that she was already costing me around 200 bucks and Brickworld Chicago is coming up :pir-tongue: The stern came out very nice, and the blue looks really good! all in all a beauty of a ship to be sure :pir-grin:

This is a beautyfully crafted ship. :pir-wub:

I will be keeping an eye on this topic. Do you have any bow shots yet?

Kind regards,

Teddy

I have to say that this is really quite impressive especially the window gallery on the stern. Just beautiful. I can't wait to see it finnished. :pir-classic:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Im am still waiting on a BL order to arrive, and her bow is still in construction. And I will take better pics once the hull is 100 percent completed.

Thanks!

-Admiral Bejaune