What was the last movie you watched?

3444 replies to this topic

#2226 Artanis I

Artanis I

• Who's Friggin' Dan?

Member: 10965

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostCeroknight, on 24 March 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

The fight scenes were very jolty and obscure, which sort of ruined it for me.
I HATE that. I remember when you could watch an action movie and actually see what was going on. These days, no. In Transformers, I thought I saw Optimus Prime kill Megatron 4 or 5 times. (Stupid movies anyway, but I've got my G1 nostalgia goggles on so what do I know! :laugh: )

So I just finished going through all 4 Terminator movies. First one is pretty good, second one had a lot of good bits but was 30 minutes too long. Found myself saying "get on with it - BORING" in the middle a few times. This coming from someone who likes long movies. Third one I really enjoyed. Terminatrix was a bit gimmicky and unnecessary though. Fourth one wasn't too bad over all, but had some pitfalls. Why would the machines be taking prisoners? I thought they wanted to wipe humans out? Unless it was purely to use them as bait. I'm still not so sure I was keen on Batman as John Connor. And his wife was just not Claire Danes. Sorry dear, but you're "the other Darryn", haha. And pilot chick fell for Mr Avatarinator a bit too easily. But it had cool monster-machines.
Lego is not a dirty word

#2227 K-Nut

K-Nut

Member: 19691

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

Eight men Out. Good Baseball movie, I'd recommend it to anyone. About a 7/10 from me. :classic:
My Collection

Posted Image

Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats

#2228 Speedy

Speedy

• White Reggaeist

Member: 4268

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Miller's Crossing.  It's a good, good flick, with a lot of style.  And it makes you ask yourself, over and over, what the right course of action is.

I am a Satanist and not ashamed.

My Facebook! My Tumblr

#2229 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

Watched Jennifer's Body on TV. A little different from your average horror movie, but ultimately still quite predictable. I would class it as mildly entertaining, comparable to an average episode of Buffy. Fans of Megan Fox may enjoy it a bit more, but she does nothing for me :sceptic:

Edited by Praiter Yed, 27 March 2012 - 12:00 AM.

Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

#2230 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Captain America last night. It was a nice little comic book adaptation I thought. I don't know much about Cap since I never read his comics, but I thought the movie was a nice addition to the whole Avenger initiative. I missed out on it last summer, so I thought I should catch it before May 4th. It definitely makes me more excited for the Avengers.

And it was nice seeing a different version of WWII, still dark and a horrible piece of history, but not as truthful/gruesome as it actually was.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#2231 TAFOL

TAFOL

Member: 27725

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Great movie, though I didn't quite get many details as I've never read the book.
I guess many things won't confuse me once I've read the book some day.

#2232 fred67

fred67

• A builder, not a hoarder

Member: 8444

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Wrath of the Titans.  Now very good.

#2233 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

Wrath of the Titans. The 3D was quite good. Had some great effects.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#2234 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

Watched John Carter. Way better than I had expected. I was expecting another Prince of Persia, but it was leagues better.

#2235 Jargo

Jargo

Member: 10639

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

I felt nostalgic so I watched Gremlins 2 The new batch. It's a very patchy movie now that I view it with much older eyes but entertaining. Not nearly enough jeopardy. Or malice from the Gremlins which is disappointing as the original did have that element of danger and threat.
I still root for the Gremlins. Something that struck me re-watching this is how besides Billy and Kate none of the characters have any redeeming values. It's almost as if they should be killed by the Gremlins so justice is served but we're robbed of that satisfaction and at the end of the movie very little has actually changed.
The movie is a pastiche of the original which in itself was a pastiche of 50's B-movies so in the end it doesn't work. It's too bright, too cutesy and lacks substance. Eve the presence of Christopher Lee as Dr. Catheter is wasted. Lee gives a great performance but it's better suited to the original movie's tone. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Warner Brothers didn't go with Gremlins 3. All in all I'd say gremlins 2 should be taken as a stand alone and not as a sequel to Gremlins. Any future Gremlins project would have to be a prequel or a remake in my opinion. I think the problems of using puppets for the Gremlins really shows in Gremlins 2 so some CGI would have to be utilised to bring the critters to life and achieve a better realisation. Less broad comedy would be better too. The darker the humour the more suited to the theme. More blood too. Those Gremlins have teeth and claws like razors and obviously know how to use them. We didn't really see that in the original but because Spielberg softened it up for family viewing but originally those Gremlins were savage. Beheading Billy's Mother and biting chunks out of people. Not sure about the beheading but definitely the biting should have stayed. Perhaps less focus on cutesy wutesy Gizmo and merchandising opportunities would have made Gremlins 2 a better movie. Certainly that Gizmo dancing scene should never have made it past the cutting room.

I give this movie 5 out of 10. It's got Gremlins but they're lame ones.  :thumbdown:

#2236 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Watched the Lorax with my son the other day, it was okay :blush: ....though characters being overly physical with children in the film....not a fan of such scenes in any film. Recent kids films I've scene haven't been the best. :sadnew:

#2237 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

• Thinks dead fish can drool

Member: 20078

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

I saw I, Robot and Curse of the Black Pearl. Both were really good, especially in I, Robot where the lieutenant is blamming away robots with a shotgun. :sweet:

"Your mind is a curious combination of insanity and genius. I simply removed the genius."

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats

#2238 Artanis I

Artanis I

• Who's Friggin' Dan?

Member: 10965

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostBrickenhead-town-dweller, on 04 April 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

I felt nostalgic so I watched Gremlins 2 The new batch.
While I agree as far as watching the movie is concerned, gremlins are only supposed to be pranksters, not vicious monsters.
Lego is not a dirty word

#2239 Jargo

Jargo

Member: 10639

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

Ah but they do kill. Billy's teacher, Mrs. Deagle, Dr. Catheter. And Stripe was hell bent on Billy's annihilation.

I agree that the WWII gremlin tales were pranky rather than evil but I'm talking about the movies.  :classic:

#2240 Captain Becker

Captain Becker

• Pirate Pig

Member: 8823

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Today saw Iron Sky, and i loved it! Funny as heck in some points too! :rofl:
Especially where President of U.S of America asked who didnt armed their Spaceship and my country raised his hand an was only one, the whole crowd just started laughing.
And the best part: "Defend Helium-3 at everything" "Against who?" "AGAINST EVERYBODY!"  :iamded_lol:  :roflmao:

Captain Becker
My LEGO collection

"An Admiral a day, keeps the Doctor away" General Skalldyr in ToR II

Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey Bluecoats FTW
Thank you Jebediahs

#2241 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Semi-Pro.  :laugh: hilarious movie. Who would expect any less from Will Ferrell?

#2242 Larrynautik

Larrynautik

Member: 18122

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

I saw the computer-animated film "Up !" yesterday, and I can say it's the best film I watched since years  :cry_sad: .

When you watch it, you go from tears to laugh, it really talks to the heart. The Old Man looks purely authentic and the film catch the atmosphere of what could be "being old", with old things all around, with its habits, its memories, the time slowering. Then arrives the adventure itself, and you're taken with a lot of humoristic characters in a quest that has only sense for the one that accomplish it.

At the end of the film, I had a feeling of simple and strong happiness, a very good emotion  :wink:

#2243 K-Nut

K-Nut

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostLarrynautik, on 09 April 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

I saw the computer-animated film "Up !" yesterday, and I can say it's the best film I watched since years  :cry_sad: .
I had the exact same reaction when I saw it. :cry_happy:

I watched the X-men movie with Hugh Jackman last night. this may be because I'm a sucker for comic book movies, but I loved it. :wub:
My Collection

Posted Image

#2244 Zeya

Zeya

• Thinks He's a Stud

Member: 13511

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

I saw Death at a Funeral. Apparently there are two versions; I saw the older (2007) British version with Peter Dinklage. There's quite a bit of shock humor, but it also had its moments. Three stars, worth it for a few laughs.

Then we watched season 2 episode 2 of Game of Thrones, also with Peter Dinklage.  :classic:

Edited by Zeya, 10 April 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#2245 The Kid

The Kid

• I'm a Admiral !!

Member: 790

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Watched Thor last night in preparation for The Avengers in a couple of weeks. I've been trying my best to get into the London press screening for that one but alas it was for nought, as it's on Friday and I'm nowhere near the capital at that point :sad:

I caught The Cabin in the Woods a few weeks ago, though, which I believe is on general release this Friday (April 13th). Strongly recommend for fans of horror - or even if you're not, as the film pretty much makes a mockery of the genre (without spoofing it). It's a ridiculously clever film that even features a pre-Thor Chris Hemsworth :wink:

TK
DO NOT TAKE THE ABOVE POST SERIOUSLY

#2246 viracocha

viracocha

• Mmmm forbidden donut

Member: 27322

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

Iron man 2. Not so bad but not the best :hmpf_bad:

#2247 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Mirror Mirror. Quite a funny movie. Julia Roberts and Nathan Lane were funny. As were the dwarves. It had a decent sword fight, and even a 006 Agent, Trevelyan.

#2248 K-Nut

K-Nut

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

The Incredible Hulk in preparation for Avengers. My least favorite of all the Pre-Avengers films, but it still get a 8/10 from me.
My Collection

Posted Image

#2249 sok117

sok117

• Grammer and Speling Professorr

Member: 6766

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostK-nut, on 12 April 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

The Incredible Hulk in preparation for Avengers. My least favorite of all the Pre-Avengers films, but it still get a 8/10 from me.

Partly filmed in my home town!  :sweet:
~Sok117

#2250 Sir_Basil_Ashton

Sir_Basil_Ashton

Member: 23619

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol last night. The action was pretty good but there was something about the plot of this movie that didn't sit well with me. It's not I disliked the movie, I just never really got into it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users