Jump to content


What was the last movie you watched?


3302 replies to this topic

#2176 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 3921
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: USA

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Star Wars Episode I in 3D. It was a total geek fest. :laugh:
My Collection

Posted Image
Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer
Inventory


#2177 just2good

just2good

  • Celebrity Pants Wetter


    Posts: 4821
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Chronicle, 9/10. It was definitely the best film that I've seen in 2012 (considering the only other film I saw was 'Man on the Ledge'). :wink:

#2178 Oky

Oky

  • RA Anniversary Baker and a Quidditcher


    Posts: 8770
    Joined: 02-October 07
    Member: 2028
    Country: USA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostK-nut, on 11 February 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

Star Wars Episode I in 3D. It was a total geek fest. :laugh:
Was the 3D any good?

View Postjust2good, on 11 February 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Chronicle, 9/10. It was definitely the best film that I've seen in 2012 (considering the only other film I saw was 'Man on the Ledge'). :wink:
Funny, the last thing I saw was Man on a Ledge too, and I really enjoyed that. Judging by the less than impressive previews and the mostly negative reviews of Chronicle, I doubt that I'd like it better, but I might give it a go when it comes on DVD.

#2179 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

  • Straight Up Cero!


    Posts: 2919
    Joined: 30-August 10
    Member: 12949
    Country: Canada

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostOky, on 12 February 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Was the 3D any good?

I would like someone's opinion about it before I watch it as well..
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#2180 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 3921
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: USA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostOky, on 12 February 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Was the 3D any good?

View PostCeroknight, on 12 February 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

I would like someone's opinion about it before I watch it as well..
At points you could take the glasses off and see everything clearly, but then during, say, the pod-racing scene, it was very good. But some guy kept walking in front of me in his full Darth Vader getup (:ugh:) so I only saw half of that scene. :enough:
My Collection

Posted Image
Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer
Inventory


#2181 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostOky, on 12 February 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Funny, the last thing I saw was Man on a Ledge too, and I really enjoyed that. Judging by the less than impressive previews and the mostly negative reviews of Chronicle, I doubt that I'd like it better, but I might give it a go when it comes on DVD.
Mostly negative?

http://www.rottentom...om/m/chronicle/

I guess 85% fresh rating is mostly negative...if you squint a little.

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#2182 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

    Posts: 4408
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostK-nut, on 12 February 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

At points you could take the glasses off and see everything clearly, but then during, say, the pod-racing scene, it was very good. But some guy kept walking in front of me in his full Darth Vader getup (:ugh:) so I only saw half of that scene. :enough:
I saw TPM today and I thought it was pretty cool 3D. The pod race scene and when Ani was in the N-1 were awesome! The 3D wasn't that...how to put it..."jump off the screen" kind of 3D. It was more of a "pop off the screen" 3D. It felt like you were in the cockpit of the onscreen ship. I noticed the announcers screens were 3D as well. It wasn't Avatar 3D, but it was worth admission. Oh! And at the theater we went to we got some sweet Darth Maul glasses. The front part of the frame is red, the arms are black. One side has Mauls menacing eyes staring into your soul, while the other aide has "Star Wars The Phantom Menace 3D" on it. Very cool!
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#2183 Zeya

Zeya

  • Thinks He's a Stud


    Posts: 1010
    Joined: 28-September 10
    Member: 13511
    Country: United States

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

I saw Disney's Peter Pan and then half of The Black Cauldron. I hadn't seen either one in years (decades? I'm old now). I remember reading Black Cauldron and also playing the computer game back in the day, but I don't remember seeing the movie really. I must have been pretty young when I saw it. It's pretty dark, and I can see why Disney doesn't bring it up all that often. Peter Pan was about as good as I remember it being.

#2184 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

  • Thinks dead fish can drool


    Posts: 1550
    Joined: 28-August 11
    Member: 20078
    Country: HK/Aus

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

Sherlock, new season, so good. The deductions were amazing!!

"Your mind is a curious combination of insanity and genius. I simply removed the genius."

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats


#2185 LegoWestern

LegoWestern

    Posts: 17
    Joined: 15-February 12
    Member: 26430

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

tons of phineas and ferb episode and arthur i know these are for younger guys but i still like it

#2186 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

    Posts: 4408
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostVolcanicPanik, on 15 February 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Sherlock, new season, so good. The deductions were amazing!!


View PostLegoWestern, on 15 February 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

tons of phineas and ferb episode and arthur i know these are for younger guys but i still like it
This IS a movie thread.

I saw Safe House yesterday. Pretty good movie.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#2187 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3826
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

Saw the film-version of 'Of Mice And Men'. Quite emotional and sad, and it is one of those films in which one wishes things could have turned out differently.  :sad:

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#2188 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.


    Posts: 1282
    Joined: 07-June 10
    Member: 11296
    Country: England

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostScorpiox, on 16 February 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

Saw the film-version of 'Of Mice And Men'. Quite emotional and sad, and it is one of those films in which one wishes things could have turned out differently.  :sad:
It's been filmed at least twice - there's a black & white version and a colour version. I haven't seen the old b&w one but in the colour version John Malkovich is amazing - the man is like some kind of shape-shifter, he changes form for whatever role he's in. Also possibly the only good book I was made to read at school - heart wrenching stuff :cry_sad:.
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My Star Wars trades on swapfig.com

#2189 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3826
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostPraiter Yed, on 16 February 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

It's been filmed at least twice - there's a black & white version and a colour version. I haven't seen the old b&w one but in the colour version John Malkovich is amazing - the man is like some kind of shape-shifter, he changes form for whatever role he's in. Also possibly the only good book I was made to read at school - heart wrenching stuff :cry_sad:.

It was the colour version. And yeah Malkovich is pretty good as Lennie, tugs on the heartstrings at the end when he keeps asking about the rabbits.  :sad:

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#2190 Sir_Basil_Ashton

Sir_Basil_Ashton

    Posts: 788
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23619
    Country: Italia

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

Took the kids to see The Phantom Menace 3D. I thought it was nicely done. No 3D extras, just 3D enhancement.

#2191 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 3921
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: USA

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary. 12/10 :wub:
My Collection

Posted Image
Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer
Inventory


#2192 Sir_Basil_Ashton

Sir_Basil_Ashton

    Posts: 788
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23619
    Country: Italia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes with the family this evening. It wasn't bad but I was expecting a lot more out of it. Not happy with the ending as it seemed to just end.

#2193 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.


    Posts: 1282
    Joined: 07-June 10
    Member: 11296
    Country: England

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostSir_Basil_Ashton, on 23 February 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes with the family this evening. It wasn't bad but I was expecting a lot more out of it. Not happy with the ending as it seemed to just end.
Did you watch the short scene after the end titles start? Plus the end titles themselves are brilliant and continue to show what is happening after the story.


Took my daughter to see The Phantom Menace 3D yesterday - she asked to see it because it's the only Star Wars film she likes  :sceptic:. I can't say the 3D had any major effect on the film, I thought the pod-race would be impressive, but it wasn't, and some bits looked a bit odd. Proof that 'you can't polish a turd' but my daughter enjoyed it and that's what matters.

BTW I never noticed how short Darth Maul is before :laugh:
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My Star Wars trades on swapfig.com

#2194 General Magma

General Magma

    Posts: 1638
    Joined: 05-October 08
    Member: 4066
    Country: Mordor

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

Watched 'The Dark Knight' yesterday.
Great and very action-packed movie, looking forward to 'The Dark Knight Rises' now... :classic:

~ General Magma

#2195 harakiri

harakiri

    Posts: 90
    Joined: 27-December 10
    Member: 14936

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Kari-gurashi no Arietti  (or The Secret World of Arietty as its called in the US ....)

What a nice and relaxing movie!  

On Bluray (as it only played in selected theaters here in Germany  which basically means nowhere ..... Also it always played afternoon hours ... its animation, so its for kids  :cry_sad: )

#2196 surrideo

surrideo

    Posts: 516
    Joined: 24-October 11
    Member: 21137
    Country: Scotland

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostPraiter Yed, on 23 February 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

Did you watch the short scene after the end titles start? Plus the end titles themselves are brilliant and continue to show what is happening after the story.


Took my daughter to see The Phantom Menace 3D yesterday - she asked to see it because it's the only Star Wars film she likes  :sceptic:. I can't say the 3D had any major effect on the film, I thought the pod-race would be impressive, but it wasn't, and some bits looked a bit odd. Proof that 'you can't polish a turd' but my daughter enjoyed it and that's what matters.

BTW I never noticed how short Darth Maul is before :laugh:

I think you need to be to cover the range of martial arts that Ray Park knows or at least it certainly helps.

Got the Blu Ray box set and so have watched the film recently, your opinion is like many I've heard and I'll hold off going to the cinema to see it. I do however hope AoTC gets the 3D treatment as it should work well though I'm still not sold on the whole concept.

Watched Man on a Ledge. Complete hokum but brilliant popcorn movie, leave your brain at the door.

#2197 Studio Draven

Studio Draven

    Posts: 52
    Joined: 21-February 12
    Member: 26807
    Country: UK

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

"The Sword And The Sorceror" - a dodgy old 80s sowrd & sorcery (duh) flick with Lee Horsley. SO much fun to watch!
In the ending credits it says "Talon will return in TALES OF THE ANCIENT KINGDOM". I remember waiting for years as a kid for this to get made, but it never did. I foundout yesterday after Googling it that they DID make it, 25 years later.
Unfortunately, it stars Kevin Sorbo, so I don't hold out much hope for it...

#2198 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.


    Posts: 1282
    Joined: 07-June 10
    Member: 11296
    Country: England

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Just watched Dirty Harry on TV, It's years since I've watched this film, what a classic! And now Magnum Force is just starting  :sweet:
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My Star Wars trades on swapfig.com

#2199 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

    Posts: 4408
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Saw Chronicle last week. Not a bad movie, a little short. It had some funny parts. I liked how they filmed it, as if it were being filmed by the actors with a hand cam. It was worth seeing.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#2200 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Not really a movie, but I just watched (most of) TCW episode "Landing at Point Rain". Awsome!
Some of the best lines were:
"That sounds. . .entertaining." "It was; for the Geonosians."
"Copy that, Commander. Have fun down there."
"Gentlemen, if you are quite finished, we have a battle to fight."
Among others.
Great episode!



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users