The Penguin

The Penguin's Harry Potter minifigures..... )

Ladies and gentlemen, inspired by the upcoming wave I decided to do my long ago postponed ( :hmpf: ) thread about Harry Potter. )

I used to be somewhat of a fan some time ago. Before Rowling fell into characters-killing frenzy..... :hmpf_bad::tongue:

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be much like my previous ones, where I'm uploading new pictures in new post from time to time. )

I hope you'll enjoy this one. ) :sweet:

I decided to start with the characters never done by LEGO so far. )

Horace Slughorn. )

One of my most favourite characters. :wub: Potions master. :classic:

63012057.jpg

23155978.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Irma Pince. )

The librarian.

(Please note the black fur and "vulture-like" hat. :classic: )

38830922.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Poppy Pomfrey. )

Hogwarts nurse. :classic:

53952668.jpg

37845431.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

I hope you liked that part! ) :classic:

00.jpg

Any comments, please? ) :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

These are awesome, Penguin! :thumbup: I really like them, it's nice to see how someone else has these characters in mind.

Horace Slughorn looks very good. I'm a fan of Jim Broadbent's impersonation of Slughorn, a giant moustache (how Slughorn was described with) doesn't compare with Jim Broadbent. The hair and the expression are perfect.

I have to admit I forgot the librarian was in the films... I always pictures her very old and long. Your figure looks very much like in the picture, great job! I like the modification on her wizard hat, not all hats have to be the same.

Madam Pomfrey looks spot on to me. She looks also like her film counterpart. The hair an hat piece are very good.

Great job on all of them, I'm looking forward to the next ones. :sweet:

Very nicely done as always, The Penguin :thumbup:

Am I right in thinking we'll see more HP characters from you in the next weeks? :wink:

LuxorV

Those customs are brilliant, just fantastic.

I always planned to try to make these figures but never got round to it.

Yours are really good, I hope you share some more soon.

Wow the Penguin, these look awesome! I love how you picked less important characters to turn into minifigures.

Keep them coming!

I don't remember who the first guy is, but he looks more like Cornelius Fudge to me. Interesting to see characters that are not well known, I didn't even know the lady in black had a name. Was the Madam Pomfrey head originally a Princess Leia head?

Edited by indianajones

I don't remember who the first guy is, but he looks more like Cornelius Fudge to me. Interesting to see characters that are not well known, I didn't even know the lady in black had a name. Was the Madam Pomfrey head originally a Princess Leia head?

The first guy was the Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher from book and film 6.

The first guy was the Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher from book and film 6.

Nope, you remember wrong. Horace Slughorn came to Hogwarts to teach Potions when Snape was transferred to teach DADA. :wink:

Anyway, these figs are quite well done, and certainly match their counterparts from the films. I must say that especially Madam Pomfrey is spot-on. :thumbup:

You managed to pull off all of these figures very well! I'm especially a fan of the Madam Pomfrey. I would have preffered Slughorn with a mustache, but I don't like the movies that much.

Nope, you remember wrong. Horace Slughorn came to Hogwarts to teach Potions when Snape was transferred to teach DADA. :wink:

Outstanding job. Ten points to whatever house you're in :thumbup::laugh:

Excellent job!

Pomfrey looks very nice to me, though I think she looks a bit younger in the films. No problem with that though.

I too had forgotten all about the librarian. Does she appear in any of the films? I slightly remember her from the first two books, but that's it.

From the front page, I thought the male character was Scrimengeour, but then again he hasn't been in the films yet. (Bill Nighy is set to play him in 7 part 1, I believe) Once I read that he is Slughorn, though, I see the resemblance quite well. You did a great job of capturing Broadbent's constant quizzical expression, top notch!

Am I right in thinking we'll see more HP characters from you in the next weeks? :wink:

I sure hope so! :cry_happy:

Great figs as usual Penguin! :wub:

I really can't wait to see more!

CommanderFox

Anyway, these figs are quite well done, and certainly match their counterparts from the films. I must say that especially Madam Pomfrey is spot-on. :thumbup:

Ow sorry, i did know it, but i did write it wrong down sorry :tongue: , yeah he is the poitions guy.

These are awesome! i sure hope lego does some official versions of these figs! :classic:

i might just try doing some custom harry potter figs too.

Amazing! I really hope lego will release figures as good as yours in the future! Slughorn is perfect :thumbup: I'm really excited for the new sets but there are a bunch of figures that I just wish they'd make :sceptic: Let's hope for a 2nd wave!

These are awesome, Penguin! :thumbup: I really like them, it\'s nice to see how someone else has these characters in mind.

Horace Slughorn looks very good. I\'m a fan of Jim Broadbent\'s impersonation of Slughorn, a giant moustache (how Slughorn was described with) doesn\'t compare with Jim Broadbent. The hair and the expression are perfect.

I have to admit I forgot the librarian was in the films... I always pictures her very old and long. Your figure looks very much like in the picture, great job! I like the modification on her wizard hat, not all hats have to be the same.

Madam Pomfrey looks spot on to me. She looks also like her film counterpart. The hair an hat piece are very good.

Great job on all of them, I\'m looking forward to the next ones.

Ah, Matn! ) I was very delighted to read your reply, since it\'s always great to get a feedback from a professional, HP fan in this case. ) :classic:

Thanks a lot! ) Trully honored. ) :thumbup:

I hope you\'ll like the upcoming figs as well. )

These are lovely.

The paint need\'s to be cleaned up just a bit.

Thanks for the tip. ) :classic:

Very nicely done as always, The Penguin :thumbup:

Am I right in thinking we\'ll see more HP characters from you in the next weeks? :wink:

LuxorV

Oh, you\'re too kind, LuxorV! ) :blush:

Yes, I plan to make much more soon. ) I hope you\'ll like the new ones as well! ) :classic::thumbup:

Those customs are brilliant, just fantastic.

I always planned to try to make these figures but never got round to it.

Yours are really good, I hope you share some more soon.

Thanks a lot! ) It\'s always apleasure to get such a nice feedback! ) :classic:

Wow the Penguin, these look awesome! I love how you picked less important characters to turn into minifigures.

Keep them coming!

Thank you very much. ) :classic:

I don\'t remember who the first guy is, but he looks more like Cornelius Fudge to me. Interesting to see characters that are not well known, I didn\'t even know the lady in black had a name. Was the Madam Pomfrey head originally a Princess Leia head?

Yes, it was. ) You have a good eye, so to say. ) Thanks! ) :classic:

Awesome work, i love Harry Potter!

Can\'t wait till the next part, and till the next batman part!

Thanks, colleague-villain. ) :classic::thumbup:

Yes, now my Batman figs are, alas, a bit on a halt. ) But I guess it\'s not for long. ) :wink:

Amazing Penguin, you did an excellent job on all three! keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thanks! ) :classic:

Thank you, Sandy! ) :thumbup:

You\'re very kind. ) :classic:

You managed to pull off all of these figures very well! I\'m especially a fan of the Madam Pomfrey. I would have preffered Slughorn with a mustache, but I don\'t like the movies that much.

Outstanding job. Ten points to whatever house you\'re in :thumbup::laugh:

I\'m in Ravenclaw. ) :laugh:

Thank you very much! ) :classic::thumbup:

I love the nurse\'s head piece :thumbup:

Thanks. ) :classic:

Excellent job!

Pomfrey looks very nice to me, though I think she looks a bit younger in the films. No problem with that though.

I too had forgotten all about the librarian. Does she appear in any of the films? I slightly remember her from the first two books, but that\'s it.

From the front page, I thought the male character was Scrimengeour, but then again he hasn\'t been in the films yet. (Bill Nighy is set to play him in 7 part 1, I believe) Once I read that he is Slughorn, though, I see the resemblance quite well. You did a great job of capturing Broadbent\'s constant quizzical expression, top notch!

She appears in the second film. )

Great that you\'ve noticed that! I was exactly trying to catch his questioning expression. ) Thank you very much! ) :classic::thumbup:

I sure hope so! :cry_happy:

Great figs as usual Penguin! :wub:

I really can\'t wait to see more!

CommanderFox

Thank you! ) :classic:

These are awesome! i sure hope lego does some official versions of these figs! :classic:

i might just try doing some custom harry potter figs too.

Thanks! ) I\'m looking forward to seeing yours. ) :sweet:

Amazing! I really hope lego will release figures as good as yours in the future! Slughorn is perfect :thumbup: I\'m really excited for the new sets but there are a bunch of figures that I just wish they\'d make :sceptic: Let\'s hope for a 2nd wave!

Yes, that would\'ve been lovely! ) Thanks! ) :classic:

Great figures. Very realistic, look forward to seeing more.

Thank you very much! ) :classic:

I present you my new wave of HP figures! ) :cry_happy: I hope you\'ll like them! ) :thumbup:

Professor Flitwick. ) :classic:

(I\'ve always liked the \"old\" Flitwick. :grin: )

flitwick.jpg

Flitwick.jpg

professor-flitwick.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Uncle Vernon. ) :classic:

(Nah, we all love him! :grin: )

HP5D-8236MD.jpg

250px-Vernon_Dursley_(Promo_pic_from_Order_of_the_Phoenix_movie).jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

And now my love! Rita Skeeter! ) :wub:

3907793_std.jpg

rita%20skeeter.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I hope you liked that part! ) :thumbup:

10.jpg

Any comments, please? ) :sweet:

MY THANKS GO TO ADHO15 FOR GIVING ME QUITE A BUNCH OF GREAT IDEAS ABOUT MY HP FIGS! ) :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

I love the Rita Skeeter! Have you tried using Willie Scott's hairpiece? I think that would go well with her.

I made a few purist Harry Potter figures a few days ago. I posted them on here.

~MC

Edited by MrCustomizer

Great figs Penguin! I think you should make professor Pomona Sprout, Aunt Marge (in 2004, when the HP3 sets came out, I was really disappointed, cause his scene was my favourite in the film, and LEGO didn't make it as a set) Barty Crouch, Cornelius Fudge, Colin Creeve and Nearly-Headless Nick Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington.

Flitwick is Okay, but he needs a full beard

Vernon is amazng! is the hairpiece removable? :cry_happy:

Rita.. Stunning! You completely captured her sneaky smile.