Sign in to follow this  
charlieboy

Classic space mocs from modelworld 2010

We had the Modelworld exibition in Brighton,UK last weekend so thought i'd post some pics.The show is mainly for train and boat fans but it does have a small Lego display.Our local Lego shop had a stall aswell selling most of the latest kits and build your own minifig table.

Whilst this display had many other themes,i was only really interested in the space section.Strange that it only has classic space models and nothing from the later lines,it was very impressive however and brought back many memories of my early sets!

Enjoy the pics :wink:

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

Shane.

Wow! This is really a jaw-dropping setup. I love the combination at Classic Space and Neo-Classic Space. The Galaxy Commander redone in Gray/Blue/Yellow is a nice touch as well. It was nice to see inclusion of a little Classic Space Monorail action...always a winner! :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks for posting the pictures for those of us on this side of the pond. :tongue:

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Looks AWESOME !

Real classic space !

At least one of those space fighters remind me a Viper from BSG !

I'm a conformist! ! :alien:

Hello!

A really impressive layout which makes joy to look at. The mix of classic space and neo-classic-space works out nicley here. And I especially like the cruiser with the curved train tracks as wings which is a very original use of parts. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This looks like an amazing layout. :thumbup:

I enjoyed the homemade enlarged baseplates, they look great.

Seeing these I really feel the need to re-discover my old Classic Space sets, and then pimp them!

Great job to the builders and thanks for sharing the pics, charlieboy :thumbup:

LuxorV

We had the Modelworld exibition in Brighton,UK last weekend so thought i'd post some pics.The show is mainly for train and boat fans but it does have a small Lego display.Our local Lego shop had a stall aswell selling most of the latest kits and build your own minifig table.

Whilst this display had many other themes,i was only really interested in the space section.Strange that it only has classic space models and nothing from the later lines,it was very impressive however and brought back many memories of my early sets!

Enjoy the pics :wink:

Shane.

I'm glad you liked it. The display was built by members of The Brickish association. I was there as well, but was mainly involved in the city layout you can see in the background in some of the pictures.

I can shine a light on why it's mainly classic and neo-classic space. Peter Reid, who contributed some of his models to this display (even though he wasn't there in person) is one of the people behind neo-classic space. Most of the space-builders in the Brickish Association are in their thirties and they've had collaborative classic space displays at a lot of events in the past. Stuart Crawshaw, who built the other space models, also has a large Blacktron collection, space was only a part of the various things on display. We could have done with a bit more room. You seem to have missed a spacy MOC on the display though: the Carl Sagan, a near-future star ship built by Ed Diment and myself.

4364532711_9f64259042.jpg

4364533935_0ffeb3db4d.jpg

Cheers,

Ralph

Whoa some nice stuff! :wub:

The upgraded Galaxy Explorer is nice!

My personal favorite is the Classic Space Monorail! :grin:

But I still like 6991 Monorail Transport Base a little better

It takes advantage of newer parts and seems more appropriate for a Space Monorail.