I proudly present my third model built in 1:17 scale. It weights over 4kg's and it's my biggest MOC so far.
It's a rotator tow truck, with front based on Kenworth W900 truck:
Almost-like CAT engine:
This model is fully functionall, it's powered by one Rechargeable Battery hidden inside the sleeper. Steering is achieved by one PF M motor, whole truck is driven by two PF XL motors.
Here we can see the main switch, when it's turned on towing functions can be used, and the crane light bar is flashing.
The whole pneumatic instalation consist:
- compressor with two small pumps, powered by one RC motor, turned on/off by pressure switch (it looks almost like this switch
- 4 red pneumatic cylinders used for raising the crane boom.
- 2 pneumatic cylinders used for raising the wheel lift arm
- 1 pneumatic cylinder used for tilting the wheel lift
- 1 pneumatic cylinder used for raising the second axle
- 4 pneumatic cylinders used to stabilize the truck (two in front outriggers, 2 on the rear)
- 1 Manometer, which shows air pressure in the whole installation
- 1 air tank
Almost all function switches are hidden above the rear axles:
crane rotating/ winches / boom raising / wheel lift raising / wheel lift tilting
stabilizers / second axle raising / boom extending
Raising the crane:
PF M medium motor is used for extending the boom.
Outriggers are extended by one PF M motor.
Crane is rotated by one PF M motor.
Second axle can be raised and lowered:
The wheel lift:
The following movie shows all functions of the model:
Edited by Replenishment At Siegfried, 18 February 2010 - 11:49 AM.