Tom Bricks

Oregon Trail Wagon

indexed.gif

I was playing the old Oregon Trail Game the other day and decided to build a wagon for my Western Village. The people on the Oregon trail are very inspiring, the packed up as much as they could carry in the wagons and set across the continent for a new life.

The Wagon Cover technique is from here.

4346694714_644e1fc5c8.jpg

4346693862_7f4f8fd16f.jpg

4346692876_52d9cf456d.jpg

Comments and criticism welcome, more on Flickr

Fantastic wagon 'Tom Bricks' ! :grin:

Well detailed and I love that lantern - very clever !

I'm a conformist! 'Tom Bricks' ! :grin:

That is very nice Tom Bricks! I love the historic feeling, it looks so realistic. :thumbup:

Nice job on the wagon cover, it fits exactly! The cows instead of common horses is a nice thing too.

I only don't really like the way you've attached the shovel on the side of the wagon, it's too simple compared to the rest of your nice wagon.

I only don't really like the way you've attached the shovel on the side of the wagon, it's too simple compared to the rest of your nice wagon.

Your right now that you mention it it looks really weird just sticking up like that.

Looks great! the only thing i would change is if it was a round topped wagon, but hey, i am an oregonian and i believe in traditional-ness...

But good job, it looks good!

That is truley a very good wagon you created.

Such nice small details as the oil lamp, and nice use of the fabric from the Indy set.

One small note though of the bulls, I would have used a 1x2 tile on the top of them.

That's a great MOC - I really love the design and the fact that you added cows to pull the wagon.

Can you upload some pictures of the sides and the back of the wagon?

That's a great MOC - I really love the design and the fact that you added cows to pull the wagon.

Can you upload some pictures of the sides and the back of the wagon?

There on my flicker account (the links in my signature)

Edited by Tom Bricks

That's fantastic! Though if you want it to be closer to the game, you can always load it up with a Grandfather Clock :tongue:

I really like the lantern. I'm going to steal the design for my next MOC. The sideways barrell is great too.

I'm not sure about the cloth part though. Its too square and I can't get past it coming from a truck.

Steve

Nice details Tom. Looks like these two settlers have the provisions needed for their long trip. I like the use of the faithful brown cows to pull the wagon. The side barrels are a nice touch. Also, nice use of the Indy tarp (but the wagon does seem a bit square). - still, I like it.

Front-paged! :thumbup:

Wow, I haven't played this game in at least 20 years.

Great interpritation, and I have to post it.

ot-dysentery.jpg

Wow, really well done.

I used to build them myself in my western time but I never got close to what you have created. :thumbup::thumbup:

A very nice wagon Tom Bricks! :thumbup::sweet:

I like that technique for the Wagon Cover. :wub:

The figs look Great, especially the little one. :wub:

That lantern is cool aswell.

Nice job on this MOC!

CommanderFox

The Wagon Cover technique is from here.

You might want to put a more direct link in their. It took me a little bit to find what you were talking about. Nice wagon by the way and it looks like it been front page.

Wow, I haven't played this game in at least 20 years.

That is probably the last time I played the game too, even though I think their is a newer version out.

Edited by samuraiturtle

Nice details Tom. Looks like these two settlers have the provisions needed for their long trip. I like the use of the faithful brown cows to pull the wagon. The side barrels are a nice touch. Also, nice use of the Indy tarp (but the wagon does seem a bit square). - still, I like it.

Front-paged! :thumbup:

Thanks allot I appreciate it.

You might want to put a more direct link in their. It took me a little bit to find what you were talking about. Nice wagon by the way and it looks like it been front page.

Thanks it should be fixed now. :classic:

This is a totally awesome Western MOC, Tom Bricks! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

The wagon looks absolutely realistic, the minifigs fit perfectly and the accessory you added is great! :oh:

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter