Teddy

MOC: Post Office and Cafe

indexed.gif B-OM-3A

Post Office and Cafe:

Edit: Better colored main photo:

4353485150_e60819283b.jpg

-----------------------------

The old music school got a new function. On the top floor is the new home of Mr.Whiskers who just moved in and keeps track of everything from the big desk at the center window. Downstairs is a Post Office and a Cafe.

-----------------------------

Dear all,

I found some spare time to build a new addition for my modular street/town.

Mr. Whiskers recently moved in and lives upstairs.

Hope you like it.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Mr.Whiskers looking outside the window:

4352757413_a06d7a172d.jpg

Overview:

4344453614_65a5da509a.jpg

4343714485_58223e25d6.jpg

4343712667_c736613de8.jpg

Addic:

4344451396_8f62dc009d.jpg

4344451812_9e714e7ff8.jpg

4344452048_b5a9b118fe.jpg

Living:

4343922123_511cb69bc5.jpg

4344658622_8273e35177.jpg

4344653566_7b8f9be95a.jpg

4344447862_e6a07eac93.jpg

4344447318_4641e7a93e.jpg

4343716349_7512734858.jpg

Downstairs:

4344449644_6e6ff3f576.jpg

4344450116_c55f838a54.jpg

4344451568_a1f7f9b09b.jpg

4343711843_d8f81a8b93.jpg

4344448862_f8bcc7208f.jpg

4344449038_bb43c81c54.jpg

4343714883_75bf99252c.jpg

4344449930_e4b9feb571.jpg

Overview:

4343829631_7f7867f7a4.jpg

Hope you like it.

You bet your head! :wub:

What a wonderful creation!

I always thought of using some red bricks for a CC-style building, here's the answer to all my qustions.

And such a wonderful and detailed interior. I'm (once more) shocked in awe. Great ideas (bath, kitchen, wonderful cafe...)

Does that huge MOC fit on a regular 36x36 baseplate?

One thing though to keep you on the ground: I don't like that it's not built according to the "standards". The ground floor is waaay out of scale - for my taste the ceiling is far to high. I know, especially older buildings are built that way (I live in one with fairly high ceilings), but in this case it doesn't really fit to the other buildings. I would have left out the seating area in the cafe and had pulled down the ceiling. But that's just nitpicking. :wink:

Another Lego wonder, Teddy, you did it again! :cry_happy: Excellent design, magnificently detailed as usual, but this time I've to add an extra BRAVO for your interiors, especially in the attic and in the bathrooms (I just want to take a bath in that great tub! :wub:)

You bet your head! :wub:

What a wonderful creation!

I always thought of using some red bricks for a CC-style building, here's the answer to all my qustions.

And such a wonderful and detailed interior. I'm (once more) shocked in awe. Great ideas (bath, kitchen, wonderful cafe...)

Does that huge MOC fit on a regular 36x36 baseplate?

One thing though to keep you on the ground: I don't like that it's not built according to the "standards". The ground floor is waaay out of scale - for my taste the ceiling is far to high. I know, especially older buildings are built that way (I live in one with fairly high ceilings), but in this case it doesn't really fit to the other buildings. I would have left out the seating area in the cafe and had pulled down the ceiling. But that's just nitpicking. :wink:

Thanks for your kind reply Holodoc :classic: ,

I imagined this to be an old music school which got a new function over time.

It's inspired on my own old music school which had similar high ceilings.

The actual floor level is actually fairly close to that of the fire department.

The base is one 32x 32 and one 16x32.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Another Lego wonder, Teddy, you did it again! :cry_happy: Excellent design, magnificently detailed as usual, but this time I've to add an extra BRAVO for your interiors, especially in the attic and in the bathrooms (I just want to take a bath in that great tub! :wub:)

thanks for the super nice reply BlueBard. :classic:

I've added some additional shots of the apartment floor in the first post.

Excellent work as usual! :sweet:

Well done Teddy! It looks great and big! I like the colour scheme and I personally believe that red along with dark blue and tan make a great combination. To be honest, when I saw the first picture, I thought that half of the building was pink due to the lighting and the photo angle.

The interior details left me speechless! Just great! My personal favourites are the living room/office and the bathroom. That bathtub is amazing! :wub:

Really, there are so many details in that MOC that you really don't know from where to start!

Great job! :thumbup:

One word sums it all up WOW

Every time I look through the pictures I see some thing else.

Never really liked the modular buildings, but this it making me rethink the whole idea.

WTF ? :oh3:

OMG ? :oh3:

AWESOME is too smaller word for this ! :laugh:

Fantastic bathroom, seperate toliet, where also now, oh yeah the cafe - menu board and counter - again fantastic ! :grin:

What a great MOC you made here 'Teddy' ! :grin:

This is amazing work Teddy. The exterior is already really great, with the red/dark red textured walls, but then the interior simply blows you away. Like Zorbas, I wouldn't know where to start, but - next to what's been said already - I really like the idea of having an 'upstairs' area in the cafe with a view of the ground floor. Now I know what I'm missing in the more recent Modulars released by Lego: all these interior separating walls and cleverly integrated staircases (both Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium are rather big, simple builds on the inside).

I would have scheduled a blog on Classic-Town.net if someone hadn't beaten me too it

What a fantastic creation! The exterior colors work really well but I am so impressed by the interior! I love the bookshelf and lounge chair but my favorite is the bath and shower. I wish my bathroom IRL is that spacious!

Wah! You have another great work! Not only the very nice outlook, the internal design is very detail. I can get much idea from your MOC. For your past MOC, i like the train station and library so much.

OMG! that absolutely blew me away, I'm designing the interior of my new Lego home atm and im gonna be stealing lotsa ideas from u. hahaha. love ur MOC

Another brilliant MOC Teddy, you really are one of my favourite builders. I really like how you have made the brown floor. Looks very expensive with nice polished furnature etc, and the different shades of brown work really well. I'm impressed by this, well done. :classic:

Excellent work as usual! :sweet:

Well done Teddy! It looks great and big! I like the colour scheme and I personally believe that red along with dark blue and tan make a great combination. To be honest, when I saw the first picture, I thought that half of the building was pink due to the lighting and the photo angle.

The interior details left me speechless! Just great! My personal favourites are the living room/office and the bathroom. That bathtub is amazing! :wub:

Really, there are so many details in that MOC that you really don't know from where to start!

Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks Zorbas,

I spend a lot of time on the details this time. So I'm glad you like it. I was in doubt about Mr. Whiskers furniture.

But to keep some kind of a story line going I decided to keep some of it in tact.

Kind regards,

Johan

Lovely building, nice colors. The interior is just awesome :thumbup:

Thanks! :classic:

Looking at your cafe has made me hungry! ..time for some food! :tongue:

Yes I'm hungry too. Time to go home.

One word sums it all up WOW

Every time I look through the pictures I see some thing else.

Never really liked the modular buildings, but this it making me rethink the whole idea.

Thanks Sebby!

WTF ? :oh3:

OMG ? :oh3:

AWESOME is too smaller word for this ! :laugh:

Fantastic bathroom, seperate toliet, where also now, oh yeah the cafe - menu board and counter - again fantastic ! :grin:

What a great MOC you made here 'Teddy' ! :grin:

Thanks lightningtiger, glad you like it.

This is amazing work Teddy. The exterior is already really great, with the red/dark red textured walls, but then the interior simply blows you away. Like Zorbas, I wouldn't know where to start, but - next to what's been said already - I really like the idea of having an 'upstairs' area in the cafe with a view of the ground floor. Now I know what I'm missing in the more recent Modulars released by Lego: all these interior separating walls and cleverly integrated staircases (both Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium are rather big, simple builds on the inside).

I would have scheduled a blog on Classic-Town.net if someone hadn't beaten me too it

Thanks for the kind reply Rick,

it was quite a hassle to fit three front doors in the front inside the vestibule (hope this is the correct Englidh term).

And it took me some time to figure out what to do with the interior space.

What a fantastic creation! The exterior colors work really well but I am so impressed by the interior! I love the bookshelf and lounge chair but my favorite is the bath and shower. I wish my bathroom IRL is that spacious!

Thanks ImLost,

the bookshelf and lounge chair are reused from my Mr.Whiskers MOC.

It is the furniture he took with him when he moved. :laugh:

the bath and shower were a fun build. Took me some time to fiddle it together.

Wah! You have another great work! Not only the very nice outlook, the internal design is very detail. I can get much idea from your MOC. For your past MOC, i like the train station and library so much.

Thanks Benny, you're too kind.

OMG! that absolutely blew me away, I'm designing the interior of my new Lego home atm and im gonna be stealing lotsa ideas from u. hahaha. love ur MOC

Hi booga-b, thanks for the compliment. In lego copying is the biggest compliment. :wink:

Another brilliant MOC Teddy, you really are one of my favourite builders. I really like how you have made the brown floor. Looks very expensive with nice polished furnature etc, and the different shades of brown work really well. I'm impressed by this, well done. :classic:

Thanks for the great reply Captain Zuloo, glad you like it.

Wicked!

Seems to me that you set the new 48 x 48 plate modular standard!

:thumbup:

Thanks Jasper Joppe Geers, I like your modular MOCs a lot as well.

The baseplate consists of a single 32x32 plate and a single 32x16.

So I did not go double (64 studs) deep this time.

Magnificient... as usual! Keep an eye on Classic-Town.net, Teddy, I have a feeling this will be appearing on the frontpage in a couple of hours... :tongue:

Thanks MetroiD, you're too kind. It is always super cool to be blogged/frontpaged.

Hi Zorbas,

I took some new shots with better lighting and used one of them for the main shot.

Hope these colors are better.

Kind regards,

Teddy

4353485150_e60819283b.jpg

I absolutely love this building. I'm not sure if it tops your public library (which is honestly my favorite MOC I've run across) but it is pretty darn close. Both your library and train station were two of the biggest inspirations for me to get back into Lego and start making my own creations. :classic:

The interiors are spectacular, and I think that your wider than usual designs really lets you put a lot of detail in without everything feeling cramped and cluttered like a lot of modulars done to the CC standards.

Well done!

I absolutely love this building. I'm not sure if it tops your public library (which is honestly my favorite MOC I've run across) but it is pretty darn close. Both your library and train station were two of the biggest inspirations for me to get back into Lego and start making my own creations. :classic:

The interiors are spectacular, and I think that your wider than usual designs really lets you put a lot of detail in without everything feeling cramped and cluttered like a lot of modulars done to the CC standards.

Well done!

Thanks sonicstarlight,

that is a huge compliment. :classic: I never realised I might inspire people back to the hobby. I just try to give every MOC my best effort.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the town MOCs of Aliencat, Marocbessa and Kris Kelvin.

I really like your CC interiors especially the bar area, jukebox and foosball table. :wub:

Thanks again for the huge compliment, kind regards,

Teddy

Teddy....you have surpased yourself!! :oh:

That has to be one, if not the best Modular MOC ive ever seen! :wub:

The exterrior is Great, but as I scrolled down, I was blown away with that Beautiful interrior. :wub:

10 out of 10 for it!

One little detaile I love is that book case! :wub:

Amazing job creating this great MOC!

CommanderFox