BrickBob Studpants

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Except it's really Lego Star Wars 4, since III was the complete Saga. But still, cool news even though I can't read the article.

Read it and weep! :D

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/08/lego-sta...iple-platforms/

And here we thought the well of Lego Star Wars material had dried up. Perhaps we've underestimated TT Games, which has revealed that it's constructing a new armed and fully operational entry in the series: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. Destined for an Autumn 2010 release on the Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii, the game will focus on the events of the Cartoon Network animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Expect "brand new battle modes, giving players unique, head-to-head combat" and an expanded level editor, allowing potential Padawans and Seperatists the chance to construct their own "customized bases and in-game battlefields." You'll also be able to employ new tactics throughout the game, such as "Squad command, Lightsaber slicing, Lightsaber jumps, long distance Jedi attacks and Grapple Tie-Ups."

Wait, lightsaber slicing? Does that mean the obvious, or the radical ability to slice through lightsabers?

Yay :wub: I loved the first two games and can't wait for this. Thanks for posting this news :thumbup:

My first thought was: Awesome! But if you think about lincensed Lego games:

Batman sets - Game - End of lincense

Indiana Jones sets - Game - End of lincense

Star Wars sets - Game - ?End of lincense?

Get it? That would totally suck! :angry:

Harry Potter Game - continuation of license after long gap.

I don't think it means anything at all.

I still find it interesting that they are calling it LSW III, but I guess it sort of makes sense since there was no other game called "III," but there was a third game.

Whoohoo, awesome news :sweet: thanks, Lego-freak.

I guess we had this coming, I just hope it doesn't look too much like the "Quest for R2D2" game on Lego.com, although by the looks of that picture (in the link) it will, ah well. At least the gameplay will be a lot better :cry_happy:

I can't wait :wub:

And I agree about the discontinuation-theory, there have already been LSW games and the license is still very strong so...

I'm not sure I like the sound of 'head-to-head combat'. Maybe that's why the clones wear helmets :wink:

Great news, I love the TT Lego games.

Its great news but I just hope it doesnt turn out like the Quest for R2D2. But Im pretty sure it wont. :classic:

Thanks for the news!

but I just hope it doesnt turn out like the Quest for R2D2. But Im pretty sure it wont. :classic:

I don't think it'll turn out bad either, remember guys, this is a game designed for kids, not adults. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was "<insert that tiresome argument>".

I'll buy it for sure, regardless of the reviews.

Edited by Ratshot

This must be about the tenth thread about this. Anyway, I'm really excited for this game! It's good finally hear an official announcement. All the new features sound great, and make it sound a little like a customizable version of Battlefront! :thumbup: Can't wait for August now!

This, along with the HP game, makes this the best year for Lego games ever for me! :cry_happy:

Merge please!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Its a great year for Lego games this year.

Harry Potter and SWIIICW is really good.

Can't wait until they are released. I am defently getting them :thumbup:

I knew it! Ever sinced the movie came out, I've been thinking, "They should make a Lego game out of that."

I can tell this is going to be different than the others, because I don't think you follow the episodes, I think you get missions or something.

LEGO and TT Games will make a new LEGO SW Video Game called 'LEGO SW III: The Clone Wars'. No it will not be based on the CW on Cartoon Network, but the animated series based on Season 1 and 2! Quoted from Joystiq.com:

And here we thought the well of Lego Star Wars material had dried up. Perhaps we've underestimated TT Games, which has revealed that it's constructing a new armed and fully operational entry in the series: Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. Destined for an Autumn 2010 release on the Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii, the game will focus on the events of the Cartoon Network animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Expect "brand new battle modes, giving players unique, head-to-head combat" and an expanded level editor, allowing potential Padawans and Seperatists the chance to construct their own "customized bases and in-game battlefields." You'll also be able to employ new tactics throughout the game, such as "Squad command, Lightsaber slicing, Lightsaber jumps, long distance Jedi attacks and Grapple Tie-Ups."

Wait, lightsaber slicing? Does that mean the obvious, or the radical ability to slice through lightsabers?

DISCUSS HERE! :classic:

How many of these topics do we need? There are already two topics in the Culture & Media section. As for the game, it sounds interesting. I know it won't be bad. I hope there are lots of different clones and jedi you can be. :classic:

LEGO and TT Games will make a new LEGO SW Video Game called 'LEGO SW III: The Clone Wars'. No it will not be based on the CW on Cartoon Network, but the animated series based on Season 1 and 2! Quoted from Joystiq.com:

DISCUSS HERE! :classic:

This was rumoured for a while, and frankly you'd have to be brain dead not to have seen it coming.

Still, really looking forward to it. Even if all the Lego games have been largely similar, they're still immensly enjoyable.

Wonder how closely they'll stick to the actual episodes from the series, or if they'll just take the characters and do whatever with them. I felt the Batman game was far poorer than the others, mainly because it lacked any clear structure to be based on..

Woohoo! I've been waiting for this to come out, especially since the good-ideas-but-badly-executed-LIJ2. "Head-to-head combat"... Hmm, sounds great!

Cool! I look forward to more details.

Wow so many topics for the new video game. It must be an awesome one :laugh:

Theres already 2 in the star wars forum and 1 in the culture :wink:

Well now there's just one.