Sign in to follow this  
the_green_avenger

HMS Circumstance

UPDATE ON PAGE 2 IN POST 21!!!

Finally, after nearly EIGHT WHOLE DAYS. (I know, I spent so much time working on this (sarcasm) Comes my newest ship, the HMS granduer (Now circumstance), rightfully named for the (somewhat) meticulous account to detail. A very big improvement from the Rochester in nearly every way! now it just needs some sails...

Here is the main picture (my personal favorite) :pir-grin:

img_4100.gif

An overview from the side :imperialguard_commander1:

img_4092.gif

The stern, along with a nicely done flag :thumbup:

img_4093.gif

Side view (I think I should've added another cannon port near the bow)

img_4094.gif

Lots of wonderful rigging...

img_4095.gif

The BOW... :pir_wacko:

img_4097.gif

Some redcoats in training (to destroy all you bluecoats...) :pir-devil:

img_4098.gif

The poop deck. (here you can see the vice admiral, being all... admiralish) :pir-tongue:

img_4099.gif

Another overview of the ship (somewhat blurry) :jollyroger:

img_4101.gif

A better picture of the rigging (Most of my time was spent doing the rigging...) :pir-look:

img_4102.gif

That's all folks! Don't get so absorped in the pictures that you forget to comment! It's always appreciated! :pir_yoda:

Edited by the_green_avenger

Looks good, although not too sure about the ribbons. I think you would do better using string.

In regards to the name, I don't mind you using it at all...BUT:

Grandeur is a French word meaning majestic beauty and power, so having HMS in front of a French word is kind of silly. It's like saying the English France.

Grandeur is a French word meaning majestic beauty and power, so having HMS in front of a French word is kind of silly. It's like saying the English France.

But this ship has the Union Jack, so it's british, so HMS is good. And this ship is called GrandUEr, so it's not the same name (not GrandEUr) :pir-classic:

Your flag is nice, just as the rigging (though string would look much better). The colourscheme is also great, just like the GrandEUR.

Anyway, it's a rather nice ship, good job :pir-classic:

Looks good, although not too sure about the ribbons. I think you would do better using string.

Very nice!

Don't squabble over who should have the name! This is British, So I say this ship should have the name! :pir_laugh2:

Its a nice ship, Nice and small to sail the Caribbean and own the French!

Very nice ship indeed. Another mighty vessel for the redcoats.

Thanks for sharing.

Its nice to see a brig rigged ship, one of my favorite types of ship. :classic: Fast and a shallow draught. I would think about using red flags for cannon ports and string rigging would look better IMO... You have improved your shipbuilding since your last ship. Keep it up. :thumbup:

-Admiral B

Grandeur is an english word too (though derived from french)

Grandeur: Dictionary Definition

Your right about the ribbon, I should've used string, but I had A TON, and I mean A TON :pir-oh3: of ribbon laying around

Thanks, Do you think I should add sails?

I personally think It looks better without sails...

But this ship has the Union Jack, so it's british, so HMS is good. And this ship is called GrandUEr, so it's not the same name (not GrandEUr) :pir-classic:

Your flag is nice, just as the rigging (though string would look much better). The colourscheme is also great, just like the GrandEUR.

Anyway, it's a rather nice ship, good job :pir-classic:

Thanks, My bad on the spelling. I think you can spell it both ways though, not sure.

...I would think about using red flags for cannon ports and string rigging would look better IMO... You have improved your shipbuilding since your last ship. Keep it up. :thumbup:

-Admiral B

Thanks (again)

I personally like to use the 2 x 2 plates, Its much more economical too, especially in larger ships like the rochester where I used the same scheme.

Ssame on string rigging, I was balancing economics with quality, but string would in fact look (a bit) better.

Its a very beautiful ship, and the rigging is excellent! I love all the work you put into this, and I found it slightly hillarious that in the bins behind the ship the colors are switched from their respective bins :pir-tongue: all in all, excellent work, now I REALLY have to get to work on our American navy!

Its a very beautiful ship, and the rigging is excellent! I love all the work you put into this, and I found it slightly hillarious that in the bins behind the ship the colors are switched from their respective bins :pir-tongue: all in all, excellent work, now I REALLY have to get to work on our American navy!

Thanks for the kind words. :pir-classic:

I originally had them in thier respectively colored bins, but I had two other extremely large bins that I had not sorted and when I did sort them, the color code of the bins got mixed up. :pir-vader:

Sorting most definately helps ALOT.

About the US navy... why don't you just join the redcoats... then you don't have to worry about that problem :pir-tongue:

About the US navy... why don't you just join the redcoats... then you don't have to worry about that problem :pir-tongue:

what can I say? I love under-dogs :pir-tongue:

Alright, the names changed, now I'll (maybe) be fixing the rigging :imperialguard_commander1: , as well as adding sails :pir-classic: , another cannon port :pir-grin: and putting the name on the stern. :pir_wacko:

Renovations should be done within a couple weeks, I'm busy with school, and this weekend I'm heading up to vancouver to see the olypics :pir-tongue:

:pir_yoda:

edit: I WILL be changing the rigging, as well as using flags for the cannon ports, so all in all, this is still a WIP (like it says in my sig) And the tweaks should be done come march.

Alright, the names changed, now I'll (maybe) be fixing the rigging :imperialguard_commander1: , as well as adding sails :pir-classic: , another cannon port :pir-grin: and putting the name on the stern. :pir_wacko:

Renovations should be done within a couple weeks, I'm busy with school, and this weekend I'm heading up to vancouver to see the olypics :pir-tongue:

I watch the Olympics on tv so I might see you (without knowing it ofcourse) :monkey:

Anyway, good luck with it, can't wait to see how it turns out!

I watch the Olympics on tv so I might see you (without knowing it ofcourse) :monkey:

Anyway, good luck with it, can't wait to see how it turns out!

I'll be at some hockey game, mid-afternoon (pacific time) on saturday (in case you were wondering)

Also I think I'll be changing the 2x2 plates out for flags, like you wanted... :monkey:

edit: I guess that was accually admiral bejuane that recommended it, but oh well...

edit2: why'd you change your sigfig? I liked the old one better...

I like your half window on the side of the back of your ship. How did you accomplish that, i would like to use it.

These pics from CGH's build a frigate are pretty self explanatory:

step9-a.jpg

step9-b.jpg

Thats a very nice ship you have there. Nice colourscheme and details. I cant really critique any of this as ships are something i dont know much about, which is why you dont see many from me. It looks pretty good to me! Nice work :pir-classic:

Looks very good, but I think you could make the front part a bit lower to make it look even better!

I like the yellow back section with the three windows! Reminds me a of the good ol' BSB :pir-wub:

Edited by funkybrick

Looks very good, but I think you could make the front part a bit lower to make it look even better!

I like the yellow back section with the three windows! Reminds me a of the good ol' BSB :pir-wub:

If you notice, the gun deck follows a line... and the bow fits that line perfectly, and it would look a bit funny if it were any lower (I think) :pir-sceptic:

Also, the BSB has two windows in the rear, not three. And I really don't see much resemblence in the sterns, but with the rest of the ship there is a lot of resemblence...

Well, I had trouble finding my camera, So the ship has been this way for almost a week. But anywho, the riggings fixed, but I've decided not to go any further. As most of you know I've been planning an HMS Beagle recreation, and have started construction on that, or else I would of fixed a couple other things....

Right! Pics... (almost forgot :pir_wacko:)

img_4452.gif

img_4453.gif

img_4454.gif

img_4455.gif

She looks much better with the different rigging! :thumbup: Do you plan on adding ratlines?

One thing I notice was the bottom yard arm, it needs to be removed if you want the rigging to be accurate. :wink:

-Admiral Bejaune

Edited by Admiral Bejaune

She looks much better with the different rigging! :thumbup: Do you plan on adding ratlines?

One thing I notice was the bottom yard arm, it needs to be removed if you want the rigging to be accurate. :wink:

-Admiral Bejaune

The ship has already been scrapped for the Beagle, so there won't be any updates, But yes, my bad on the yard arm...

Nice ship, it looks indeed much better with this rigging :thumbup:

I suppose it was a good way of learning how to do it for the Beagle.

Unfortunately it had to be scrapped, but I think the new result will be worth it :pir-classic: