Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Ramshackle Rock Retreat!

Fantastic work, I love how it's raised up on a rock, the beautifully tiled ocean, and then those shutters, and the roof :wub: Great work, I love it!!

blogged.png

Expect to see it there soon.

I love this tower-island-retreat, it looks very nice and the details are awesome.

The water around the rocky island especcialy, but also the wooden parts and the little harbour are my favourite part of this MOC.

Much luck with the contest!

This is so cool looking! I really do enjoy your larger MOCs, but I do think you are missing a hidden calling! I am crafting something for JRC as well, and I have found that making the smaller MOCs has changed my building style and really expanded my idea of how to do things.

I am very impressed, as always, but this creation. I was at first frustrated and then refreshed at making smaller creations. I hope you feel the same way.

-martinsuper

One word comes to mind, well two now that I think of it! Wonderful and Beautiful, excellent work :pir_laugh2:

That sea, that building...wonderful! :pir-classic:

Your wall technique is great and you also did a great job on how the house is placed on the rock.

Yeah it's just great :thumbup:

Edited by Admiral Croissant

Lovely work DC! The rocks look great, the fort itself has loads of nice greebling/details to draw the eye in. The white panels are something I hadn't toyed with yet, but may have a crack down the line. The curved dock is great, though the ladder would look better if it was brickbuilt like in the larger category. Just feels cheap to put that type of ladder on when you can make a cooler one. The photos are nice and sharp too :pir-wink:

Good luck with the contest.

Another great creation Derfel!

Even though it is not as big as usual, there are a crazy load of great details in it.

Is there an interior in the house?

Oh, another great build from Derfel! This is a nice little MOC, certainly a surprise considering how big you usually build. This scene is still packed with all of the great detailing that makes its way into your creations, and that's no surprise at all! :pir-classic: The coloring of the building is distinctly Imperial, and I really like the dark red used for that little tower atop the island. Also, the technique to make the white paneling on the main building looks great, though I'm curious if those are cheese slopes or just tiles slanted at an angle. The woodwork is nice as well, with the mix of dark and regular brown for the beams, railings and torches. Again, this is a fine build Derfel, and I look forward to your next one! :thumbup:

Damn man! When do you find time to build these amazing works of art? And the pieces? Looks great just like every other island scene you build.. keep up the great work... I always keep and eye out for your work!

-Admiral Bejaune

This is brilliant. The natural shape of the rock formation, the walls of the building on top, the brick-built door, the dark red and brown in the color scheme... I like that you've tried something 'small' for once. :pir_laugh2: Excellent work!

Derfel Cardarn You should turn the pics of your MOC in your signature into links, I'd love to see some of your other work!