REVIEW: 3222 Helicopter & Limousine

40 replies to this topic

Poll: On a scale of 1 to 5 (79 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this set?

1. 1 - Poor (4 votes [5.06%])

Percentage of vote: 5.06%

2. 2 - Below Average (2 votes [2.53%])

Percentage of vote: 2.53%

3. 3 - Average (18 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

4. 4 - Above Average (26 votes [32.91%])

Percentage of vote: 32.91%

5. 5 - Outstanding! (29 votes [36.71%])

Percentage of vote: 36.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Grimmy

Grimmy

Member: 8354

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:32 AM

I've never seen a Lego set with a stretched limo. It's nice and a kool set but something that annoys me about these Lego cars and vehicles is that they are thin with a single row of seating. It's weird. A car with a seat and steering wheel in the middle. Me and my niece made the Lego set with SpongeBob that you build the bikini bottom bus and it is the same way. They should make these vehicles wider. I did notice that in my Indiana Jones chase set with the Roles Royce and the black old Mafia truck car vehicle, Lego created a carriage piece that has 2 seats side by side built in. That was nice. They are nice cars in that set.

#27 TheMaster

TheMaster

Member: 7679

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:21 AM

Great review! Though I do not like the blocky cockpit of the helicopter.
P.S. The airport looks great in the background

#28 Cian

Cian

Member: 8266

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

View PostRick, on Jan 30 2010, 10:23 AM, said:

Hmm, not so sure about that, maybe they're testing the market in Australia to get an idea of production numbers when it gets released worldwide.

Its also available in supermarkets but not toy shops in Ireland, strangely enough.

#29 ACCURATEin

ACCURATEin

Member: 5620

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

I feel like i need to visit Walmart or somewhere like that to see if it's sitting on a shelf in the LEGO aisle.   :classic:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 peterab

peterab

• Whacking witch hunter

Member: 6893

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:46 AM

View PostWalrus Keeper, on Jan 30 2010, 01:22 PM, said:

Thanks for the snappy review d00dz.  We bought this set yesterday.  It must be a mistake that it was released here before anywhere else.  This set is a very nice addition to the airport theme Lego have got going this year.  :sweet:

No it seems that the new year releases happen in Australia first. This is the second year in a row that the Australian catalogue released through the lego club has been the first offical sightings, and our releases have been earlier than most of the rest of the world.

I don't think Australia is being used as a test market, we're probably way to small to give any reliable figures for larger markets such as the US or Germany. My guess is since we are not seen as an important market to TLG, over Xmas they are happy for our retailers to have product shortages while they concentrate on keeping the bigger markets stocked. I've heard it mentioned they even relocated their warehouse over Xmas this year in Australia. Since they have to restock our retailers anyway early in the new year, we get the first lot of new stock, giving a little time for the rest of the world to sell any remaining Xmas stock. All speculation, but I think it fits the known facts.

I'm still drooling at the pics of this set. I'm not sure when I'll get it, but I definately want it.

#31 marvinblue

marvinblue

Member: 1717

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:03 AM

I bought this set today although I'm not overly fussed about the helicopter, just something about it I guess. It's a great step forward TLG has made non-emergency sets and I applaud them for that. The limo is a little narrow, maybe even a touch too long, but at least its a good start to alternative sets.
"Where's the Ka-Boom?! There's supposed to be an Earth shattering Ka-Boom!"
"If I were you, I wouldn't dig into the past. I lived in some of that past, and I got out for a reason." - Homer J Simpson
"My blessing always available, but no guarantee!" - Dalai Lama

My Brickshelf Gallery

My BrickSet Collection

My "Would-like-to-have-list"!!

Aussie Lego Forum      Come check out where the Aussies hang out!!

#32 AllanSmith

AllanSmith

Member: 1340

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

Bought the set today at 15% off. I really like both the limo and the helicopter. So much so, that I think I will get another set for my city. Made one mod, replaced the axles with these Posted Image so the wheels don't stick out.

#33 Stiffer9

Stiffer9

Member: 10249

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:14 AM

I bought this Item on EBAY because wasnt available in U.S. I didnt really like the helicopter so I turned it into a private plane here is a pic
IMG_0171.JPG

#34 Mrlegoninja

Mrlegoninja

Member: 11901

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:31 AM

View PostStiffer9, on 13 April 2010 - 06:14 AM, said:

I bought this Item on EBAY because wasnt available in U.S. I didnt really like the helicopter so I turned it into a private plane here is a pic
Attachment IMG_0171.JPG
Nice plane! Its really nice. :thumbup:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Murdered Day 8 as former Armed Forces member and Spider ward member Dudley Eisenhower in Def's Doctor Bloodbrick's Asylum.-Insane
Thank you Jebediahs for that great paper doll!

Died as Congressman Aide Maxwell Touns in Bob's Red Scare Mystery-Town

Died as Pub Owner Mrs. Le Goninja in Def's The Coming Darkness-Town

Died as Pet Store owner Jack Montgomery in Bob's Suburbia
Currently playing as the 40 year old teller Richard Sexton in Hinckley's Red Moon Two!

#35 Ravenclaw2010

Ravenclaw2010

Member: 12674

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:05 PM

This is a decent set. Although I like the female minifigure, I think she is being a bit overused. Great review!
Paul Linden

#36 jth781

jth781

Member: 15284

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

Great set it inspired me to build my own LEGO MOC Black limo.

Posted Image

#37 LegoSjaak

LegoSjaak

Member: 10715

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:57 AM

This set is now only Eur 22,99 at Dutch Blokker-stores !!! :thumbup:

Greetz LegoSjaak
Check my latest videos (HD-quality, over 1,000,000 views) on YouTube or search for 'LegoSjaak' on Flickr for other pictures (or just click the link below)!!

http://www.flickr.co...otos/legosjaak/

http://www.youtube.c...oSjaak/featured

#38 SilentMode

SilentMode

• A bronzie that does not endorse whipping

Member: 10650

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

I bought this set direct from Lego S@H, and pretty much everything about it is awesome. I couldn't stop playing with the helicopter! The limo is also a great vehicle - in fact it was one of the inspirations for Bryknii.
the infamous SilentMode
crowdfunding yet again for Project Swapfig - ends November 16 2013.
SilentMode.tv | Project Swapfig | @SilentMode1 | Brick Owl store | Flickr
"Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it." - Mahatma Gandhi

#39 buddy

buddy

Member: 14028

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Great review for an excellent set! I own two of this set because they are so good and I couldn't resist picking up a second copy of it for 33% off. Both the helicopter and limo in this set are realistic looking and well designed  :laugh:
Very well done on the review.  :classic:

~buddy~

#40 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

Great review! I really like this set. Unfortunately I am old school when it comes to my airlines. I do not own any of the newer large airplanes :sad: I bought a couple of these for the limo only. Not sure what I'm going to do with the the bird. Also, thoughts of the nose piece of the aircraft? I'm not a fan of that piece in particular. Looks kinda weird I think.

Edited by Leg Godt Gud, 13 January 2011 - 11:29 PM.

-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#41 ACCURATEin

ACCURATEin

Member: 5620

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

I feel like this set is discontinued now.  Not for sure, but i think it is.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users