REVIEW: 3182 Airport

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: On a scale of 1 to 5 (69 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate this set?

1. 1 - Poor (6 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

2. 2 - Below Average (5 votes [7.25%])

Percentage of vote: 7.25%

3. 3 - Average (16 votes [23.19%])

Percentage of vote: 23.19%

4. 4 - Above Average (22 votes [31.88%])

Percentage of vote: 31.88%

5. 5 - Outstanding! (20 votes [28.99%])

Percentage of vote: 28.99%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 MrTools

MrTools

Member: 4572

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

The airplane looks nice as well as the building. I think that I am going to pick this one up for the parts (and airplane) maybe even make a larger scale airport with it. :classic:

#52 CP5670

CP5670

• In search of litmus paper

Member: 2646

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

View PostMr. Elijah Timms, on Apr 20 2010, 08:04 AM, said:

Dude, cut Lego a break-- if they were to produce a full scale airport it would likely take up an entire room of your house and require a credit application just to buy the thing!!

Honestly, I think Lego, at least in most cases, does a pretty good job of finding the balance between including enough content and keeping the costs down.  An airport could EASILY become a $250-300 USD set and probably be amazing, but in all likelihood they just wouldn't sell enough units for them to justify releasing it in the first place.

It would actually be cool if we had an AFOL-targeted airport set at a price point like that.

Compared to other Lego airports of the past though, this airport building is actually reasonably big and nice. The airport buildings TLG has made before have always been way too small, even by the standards of Lego building scales, so this is a refreshing change. The police stations in the past were much bigger than the airports. :tongue: The one thing I miss though is the runway baseplates that the 80s and 90s airports had.

#53 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

View PostCP5670, on Jun 1 2010, 12:44 AM, said:

The one thing I miss though is the runway baseplates that the 80s and 90s airports had.
I agreed with you. Without the runway baseplates in the recent City Airport sets, makes it look incomplete in certain aspects. I missed those baseplates though.

Other than that, I think this is a fine airport and if this is ever a targeted AFOL Airport set, I am sure it will be an instant hit for many City AFOL collectors.  :thumbup:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users