Captain Zuloo

Grandeur

4317007874_16bef9fd58.jpg

Ahoy there!

It is finally finished! Since Febuary 13 2009 I have been working on the frigate Grandeur, and during that time she has undergone 3 complete rebuilds. She is now complete at the end of v3. You can view the WIP thread here. She is heavily based on Sang Royale and La Mort Royale by Admiral Bejaune and Captain Green Hair, and is the 3rd ship along with the above 2 in the French Caribbean fleet.

Firstly I would like the give a big thank you to Admiral Bejaune who provided me with help and support whenever I got stuck along the way. Thanks a heap for your help mate, I wouldn't have gotten this far without you.

Also a big thank you to those who gave me some good feedback during the build (Captain Green Hair, Cap'n Blackmoor, Cutlass Iz, Ras, Erdy and Bonaparte). Thank you to you guys too, your assistance is greatly appreciated. Now onto the ship!

For the first sail, I invited some friends around to help me crew her:

4309774869_3d6f8e12e0.jpg

4310512366_062f4564a2.jpg

It seems there isn't enough space for all of us in the boat when some people are being pushy...

4310513042_aef0a009c5.jpg

Ok, time for roll call!

Captain Green Hair? Aye!

SlyOwl? Ahoy!

Cutlass Iz? Indeed!

Zorro? Yep!

Erds?

Erdy? Where is Erdy?

4310513492_7283e03376.jpg

Of course, he's made off with the whisky drawers!

4310514100_e3db05e3cc.jpg

Time to raise the anchor. Work you dogs, put your plastic backs into it!

4310514596_f8161b90ea.jpg

Anchors away!

4309778131_6abb33e4fe.jpg

Oh dear, how rude of Cutlass Iz to walk in on you Zorro!

4309779025_2564043d3d.jpg

Oh DEAR! He got a little embarrassed it seems. :pir-sick:

4309779473_b885ab1a38.jpg

Erdy climbs the shrouds like a good ice cream:

4309779937_f97f07403a.jpg

Cutlass Iz at the helm. Compass House design credit goes to Admiral Croissant.

4310517468_534d91bef6.jpg

4310518008_ab02c779ec.jpg

A massive thanks to Captain Green Hair for donating most of the 2 x 2 red fllags on the broadside.

4309781511_770233e69d.jpg

Erdy standing at the stern. A handsom guy according to the Flickr page. :pir_laugh2:

4309782073_8ca8d41a30.jpg

Cutlass Iz on watch at the top of the foremast.

4309782481_dfe18e9c2f.jpg

Captain Green Hair: Hey Zuloo, check out this cannon I found! Hey, isn't that Zorro down there?

Captain Zuloo: It looks like it might be.

Captain Green Hair: Hehehehe

4310520076_dd5718eeff.jpg

It was! Sorry Zorro. :pir-tongue:

4309783801_5e6df6ac2c.jpg

Sweet revenge...

4309784211_1f38b23b71.jpg

4310521752_bb6ee4e203.jpg

The crew at work.

4310522296_08111fea1f.jpg

And now some fig-less photos of the ship:

4309786023_1816b58c6c.jpg

4310523686_0396a5245a.jpg

4310524620_7eb5f37264.jpg

4310525282_233e9fdb7e.jpg

4309788653_1441aca511.jpg

I also want to thank Commodore Hornbricker for his generosity which made this ship come about. He was kind enough to send me all of the used jumpers, a fantastic gift! Thanks again commodore! Also a huge thanks to pe668 for his gift of some extra hull sections, but also for being a great friend who has tought me so much about my LEGO hobby! I can never thank him enough.

4309789267_9e3f1779f9.jpg

4309789707_90a08eb7ae.jpg

4310527174_6e51e7366b.jpg

4310527684_324d44df43.jpg

4310530146_ccf05ce48b.jpg

4310528268_5d8af07acb.jpg

4310528856_6cec353db9.jpg

4310529320_6b8f2771f6.jpg

4309778585_d9d0136373.jpg

Well, that's pretty much all folks! I hope you liked viewing my ship! You can find some high-res photos on my flickr page here.

Until next time sea dogs! :pir-classic:

Don't forget to bail me out when your around! :pir_laugh2: I'd make a good cook. :pir-tongue:

Looks great! Good work! :pir-wink: But watch out, the Masts are easy to knock over, as you've said before.. :pir-grin:

Nice ship! I love the detailed SNOT bow. I also like how you used your patio table :pir_laugh2::thumbup:

WOW Connor she has turned out lovely! She has wonderful lines and color. The sails and rigging look great. What a nice project for you. She certainly shows all the care and attention you brought to her. She will stand tall among the other Frenchies in the Bluecoat fleet. Well done!!!

Wow I really like this ship! I think my favorite parts are the capstan and the brick built anchor. It seems to really fit on this ship. The sails are quite nice too, thats the next step on my ship but havent come up with a good method yet.

BTW where did you get the compass?? I definately need one of those... great job!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Wow Connor! That turned out really brilliantly! I love the sails and rigging you can really tell you put a lot of effort and attention to detail into them. I hope everyone at Brickvention appreciated seeing the good ship Grandeur.

Thanks for letting Minifig Iz help man the helm too. I better say sorry to Zorro for walking in on him. :pir-grin: Too funny!

Awesome ship! it turned out very well :pir-wub:

Good work on the rigging and sails, and I also like the black things on the 'shutters'(? you know, with the black tiles :pir-wink: )

Weren't you planning to put some transparant tiles or something like that on the compass house?

Oh, and your stern is also nice :pir-classic:

Brilliant ship

Lovely ship Captain! She has a nice shape and the sails are just beautiful. :pir-classic:

I really like the sigfig story going on there. :pir_laugh2: I see you've used the glass table again, it just looks like real water!

The rigging is excellent, and so does the tumblehome. Nice curves! :thumbup:

I'm glad to see the French fleet keeps growing! :pir-sweet:

Awesome job Captain Zuloo!

It may have taken awhile, you have been talking about building this ship all the time I have known you, but well worth the wait.

Your photography is getting much better and just in time to give this awesome MOC some special treatment. Very nice work Captain!

That doesn't look like me at all. :pir-hmpf_bad::pir-tongue:

The ship has turned out great Captain, i really like the line and all the small detail.

Next to that you actually sown the sails, excellent detail!

I hope you'll make more for the fleet, cause the fleet needs Captains like you! :thumbup:

Very fun.

I really liked your choice for a base. That table, looks like water.

I really like the ship and the story was really fun, I like it when people make fun stories instead of just posting pics. :thumbup:

Finally its done and i have must say at its looks like a real ship :pir-wub: Great work captain, And i enjoy the story going on in that ship :pir-tongue: i suprised at there is a small WC too in front of the ship

keep it up :thumbup:

:jollyroger: Captain Becker

I actually thought up a question because I noticed your sails...what stitching technique did you use? it looks awesome :pir-grin:

What a great effort you have made with this! I dont think ive seen many mocs from you, and this is a really great build! You cant go wrong with that colourscheme and it looks great here. Nice stern and bow, I do like the figure head - kind of reminds me of a bull. Great work Conner, all those times frontpaging other peoples mocs, i think its time you were frontpaged with this beauty :pir-classic:

That's a very nice ship! :thumbup: I think it's awesome. The colours match very well and I like the details and everything. Especially the figurehead, I haven't seen one like that. Great job on the sails and rigging (that's what it's called, right? :pir-look: ). Fantastic! :pir-sweet:

A really nice ship Zuloo, nice addition to the bluecoat fleet. I like the color scheme: the blue and yellow, the tan deck...

And a really entertaining read with all those Pirates big shots being forced to work aboard your ship.

Beautiful vessal! :pir-cry_happy: The colors are fantastic, and I like the way you did the sails :thumbup:

Got any below decks photos?

-Will

Really well done. I like the window gallery on the stern and I really like the sails and rigging. I also like the overall shape of the ship and the red flaps for the gun ports is a great idea. Really nice ship. :pir-sweet:

That is one fine ship Captain!

Very good details of so many great things like rigging, alot of SNOT details, the figurehead as so many mentioned.

I just love how you all do the sails on your ships. There is no exeption here eighter.

One thing that strikes me though is how the sails have the look of having no wind in them.

Is it possible to do something about that? It would be a great addition to the whole creation.

That together with the use of the table would really make the ship look like it was really sailing.

The story in the beginning was a funny addition as well!

I see what you did to Zorro here :pir-laugh:

Even though it looks like he will have some payback with those paddles.

She turned out great Connor! The detailing on this ship is very well done and you got the curve just right. :thumbup: I also like the hatches fore and aft as well as the pipe for the galley. Like I said she turned out great and it was fun helping you when you needed it. Thanks for the credit in you post. If you need any more help just ask! :classic: I believe we will be seeing this on the Frontpage!

-Admiral Bejaune

Edited by Admiral Béjaune