Width: 34 cm

Height: 28 cm

Wight 3.5 kg

p1140342.jpg

p1140343.jpg

p1140351.jpg

Rear pendular axle

p1140344.jpg

In the back there is a fake X 16 piston engine, compressor pump and the valve actuator.

p1140360.jpg

The doors can open :)

p1140348.jpg

You can see all wheel drive on the underside.

p1140350.jpg

p1140352.jpg

Max steering angle

p1140355.jpg

High resolution pictures

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=417619

Video:

Edited by Zblj

"What's That Coming Over the Hill? Is It A Monster?" Well, YES IT IS! :classic: Wow, that's a big MOC! You can easily clean up the debris from the "Brick Truck Trials" with this loader! I like the X-16 engine, air compressor, and valve actuator setup -- all easily accessible with the hinged access panels. Great job, and thanks for sharing the pictures and video! :thumbup:

wow! my only suggestion to you is maybe build a cover for the front end of the front end loader. it seems like this has everything you need (working suspension, steering, etc.) awesome!

Very impressive stuff you got in there, congrats!

It does look a bit clunky with that enormous bucket, and could use some front cover (although a few colour adjustments could do the trick there), but it's mechanically fantastic :classic:

This is quite a large model. :thumbup: I like the pendular axles and the engine configuration.

Wow, a MOC wheel loader so big that the Power Puller wheels look tiny. I never thought I would see such a thing!

This is a fine piece of work. The front bucket is truly enormous. You could entire official Technic models in that thing with room to spare. The X-16 engine is really a nice, original touch. I imagine you spent a lot of time on this. I'd love to see some more images of the X-16 including the crankshaft arrangment so I can imagine how it would look in motion.

It is interesting that you combined pneumatics and linear actuators not only in the same model, but used both on the main bucket controls. This should give you some good insight into comparisions. What do you feel are the relative strengths and weaknesses of these two options based on your use of them here?

Thanks for sharing.

The X 16 engine can be seen more detailed here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=413055

and

Comparing pneumatics to LA's, i would say, pneumatics are stronger in this case, because compressor pumps with combination with new tighter tubes generate a lot of force. Linear actuators on the other hand are more rigid, because there is practically no flexible parts unlike compressed air in pneumatics. The problem with using 2 LA's to perform same function is in desynchronisation when stalled. Because no two LA's are same, clutch from one may kick in sooner than other, causing skewing. Pneumatics are self-regulating in that manner. A negative aspect of pneumatics is jerkyness, which is especially evident when lowering ehavy objects. Thats why i used a special air escape sytem, that limits aiflow out of cylinders, when the bucket is lowering. All in all, i think pneumatics are good when you are tight on space for mechanisms, or need longer reaches by combining 2 cylinders. LA's are good for operations, where precision, ireversebility and sturdyness are needed.

i spent arround a week building the model from scratch, improvising all the way. The hardest bit was making the bucket tilting mechanisem strong enough, yet able to allow high degree of tilting.

Dang, I am impressed, the AWD with that much steering is impressive (me being a non-technic set owner).

The only thig that really bugs me is all the grey used in the front, it almost makes it look like it was repaired and that's why it's not painted.

Not sure if you intended it that way, but either way it is really impressive. I'd love to see it demolish a loose LEGO house.

What a monster! :grin:

As mentioned, the x16 engine looks like something that merits some close-ups of the configuration.

Amazing front end loader. The functions are impressive and work very well. The design is also quite good, the yellow beams in the front look much better than the gray ones.

Great MOC!

WOW!! Truly massive!!!

With those yellow beams it looks much better.

And i´m wondering if the side panels wouldn´t be so covered, they would be nicer with some grid.

Great job! :thumbup::classic: