MagPiesRUs

IJ: Brawl in Nepal

When the Indy line was "discontinued", I was disappointed TLC hadn't made sets for a few of the rather memorable scenes, one of them being the fight in Marion's Nepalese bar in Raiders. So I had a go at making one myself. Enjoy! :wink:

First, a still from the film:

Film.jpg

The whole set (excuse the photoshopping :blush:):

BoxArtFinalFinal-2.png

IMG_3801.jpg

Indy fights with one of the Nepalese thugs behind the bar counter:

IMG_3805.jpg

Counter and wine cabinet:

IMG_3803.jpg

The back of the counter:

IMG_3804.jpg

Toht attempts to interrogate Marion about the whereabouts of the Staff of Ra headpiece (silly man, it's in her hand!):

IMG_3809.jpg

The fireplace...

IMG_3811.jpg

... And just to add some playability, pulling out the technic axle will cause a generous amount of fire pieces to fall out into the room:

IMG_3825.jpg

The minifigs (Toht has no glasses, these must just be the preliminary pics :wink:):

IMG_3802.jpg

Thanks for looking. Feedback is much appreciated. :classic:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Nice it looks great,just like in the movie.Hope to see more of your MOC`s.

Who said the Indy line was discontinued?Lego makes Star Wars for 11 years,both of the movies are made by George Lucas.

Gamer.

Edited by Gamer

Who said the Indy line was discontinued? Lego makes Star Wars for 11 years,both of the movies are made by George Lucas.

Gamer.

There is a discussion going on about it at the moment in a thread elsewhere on the forum. Nothing has been officially announced yet, but I think Lego will slowly bring Indiana Jones to an end. You can buy what you can find in stores and what is available online through internet toy stores and Lego S@H. I happen to have an original Lego dealer catalogue over here and the Indiana Jones line ain't part of the 2010 programme anymore. In other words, Lego dealers and merchants can not order these anymore based on the contents in the catalogue. When it comes to a licensed action theme, it is Prince of Persia from now on.

Back to topic. Great design and a nice addition to the Indy sets we already know. One small remark: I think you should change Toht's head (you seem to have used a Luke Skywalker head) for a flesh Harry Potter head since after all, Toht is wearing glasses in every scene.

Very lovely MOC, you do the whole Indy line justice. I love your Toht, who I always used to think was named Toad :grin:

Looks like this can be a real TLG Indy set...you clearly succeeded into your purpose of creating this set :thumbup: .

It has a lot of usefull (brown) pieces, and I really like the furniture you build.

A good collection of minifigs too.

I like this set, if it was an official set I would probably buy it. The only thing don't like that much is the man cleavage on the female figs.

This is really nice! I like the play feature you included, and the spare gold piece as the medallion is very clever.

Cool! :thumbup:

This appears to be exactly, like what an official set might looks like! I think you have present it well, with great stuff, I am sure there are some new parts like the medallion being made for this set, along with some special minifigs. This set will be something similar to the Ambush in Cairo and Jungle Duel kind of sets.

Nice way to incorporate the playablility, but I think using Harry Pooters flesh head would look more like Toht, given the fact Toht wears glasses. Keep It up.

Nice way to incorporate the playablility, but I think using Harry Pooters flesh head would look more like Toht, given the fact Toht wears glasses. Keep It up.

A great creation, very much like an official set. I was just telling people to stop whining over IJ-sets that were never released and build their own versions of their favorite scenes.

Frankly put, this scene would've probably never been released officially, since it's a bar fight scene. Alcohol mixed with fighting, not very kid-friendly I'd say (not that the IJ-sets ever were really kid-friendly to begin with). :tongue:

But back to the MOC itself, the bar counter could've had some sort of action element to it, like maybe breaking up or something. And that torso for Marion... not the best choice for a woman, even though the shirt itself is rather accurate for the scene.

Maybe the official Marion's tan torso would've been better, with tan arms?

973px594.1219702530.jpg

Excellent MOC from the first movie ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Though it would be hard to give the German is serious burn on his hand. :tongue:

Really like the fire place trick - cool (so to speak) ! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! 'TinyPiesRUs' ! :laugh:

Thanks for the comments everyone.

One small remark: I think you should change Toht's head (you seem to have used a Luke Skywalker head) for a flesh Harry Potter head since after all, Toht is wearing glasses in every scene.

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately I only own the yellow Harry Potter heads, and I didn't want to make a bricklink order for this MOC. As I said, the minifigs must be preliminary. :tongue:

And that torso for Marion... not the best choice for a woman, even though the shirt itself is rather accurate for the scene.

Maybe the official Marion's tan torso would've been better, with tan arms?

973px594.1219702530.jpg

Thanks. That probably is a better torso choice, I hadn't thought of that. I had originally thought of the Spiderman Aunt May torso but as I said, I didn't make any bricklink orders.

973pb328c01.jpg

Thanks again. :classic:

this is just fantastic, and you used the title "brawl in nepal" which I've always thought this set should be named exactly. Keep em coming :classic:

Absolutely stunning TinyPies! I would definitely buy this set if it were real, even though it's a "preliminary image". :grin: I think you captured everything very well. The wine cabinet is win and the minifigs are spot on. The only thing I would change is the fireplace. The design is fine, but the flames inside look a little weird. I think the new flame pieces would be better suited. Otherwise, flawless MOC!

Hello!

A great realization of the movie! The shelf with the bottles is my favourite for using the old garden fence pieces. :classic: The entire scene looks like a real playset, and it's really a pity that TLC didn't make more movie scenes like this. Fortunately fans like you compensate this. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great work, I don't see very many Indi Vig's.

The scene is spot on, and nice PS work on the cover!

Superb ! Looks very authentic - both the content and the artwork. Great job !

Regarding the future of the Indy theme, there may not have been an official announcement, but the lack of sets (new or indeed old) surely speaks volumes. It's a pity - I like the theme a lot and have all the retail sets to date, but so be it. It's at least easier for me to bear thanks to the upcoming PoP sets, which look pretty good.

Dr. D.

Edited by drdavewatford

Very very slick looking MOC, I must say.

It looks like it could be an official set, and if it was, I'd pick it up right away.

Nice! Lotta' fun!

Great looking and love the graphics too :thumbup:

Hopefully when Indy 5 comes out, they'll continue the line again.