Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeStar

The Three Billy Goats Gruff - Retold.

indexed.gif

Hello children!

Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin...

"Once upon a time, there were three Billy Goats called Gruff..."

photo_library_-_500.jpg

"The three goats had eaten all their grass, and longed for the sweet fields on the other side of the stream. The youngest goat decided to cross the bridge.."

photo_library_-_501.jpg

"But from under the bridge came a hungry troll with eyes as red as the sticky stuff you sometimes see on the butcher's floor that doesn't taste too good at all. 'None shall pass this bridge!' he growled. 'I'm going to gobble you up!' But the young goat was a total whiner, and said: 'Eat my older brother instead! He tastes spicy!' And the troll let him through."

photo_library_-_503.jpg

"And so the older goat came along. 'I'm going to gobble you up - and you'd better be a-spicy!' the troll growled. 'But sir, my older brother is much more spicy - he's like Vindaloo!' said the cowardly goat - these really aren't the best role models are they? The troll let him through."

photo_library_-_507.jpg

"At last, the eldest goat trotted onto the bridge. 'I'm going to gobble you up - and then drink a lot of water!' growled the troll, licking his lips, jug at the ready. 'Please don't!' yelled the eldest goat. 'I have someone you need to see!' 'Who?' demanded the troll..."

photo_library_-_509.jpg

"'ME!' roared the troll's wife, hopping onto the bridge. 'Where have you been the past two weeks? I've had to do all the laundry, brush the cat, hoover the cave...'"

photo_library_-_511.jpg

"'Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!' screamed the troll, leaping off the bridge and running away. 'Heh heh!' sniggered the goat..."

photo_library_-_513.jpg

"The three goats crossed to the other side and began munching on the luscious green grass. 'Erm, guys,' said the eldest goat. 'Two words: family togetherness!' The two younger goat turned away sheepishly."

photo_library_-_514.jpg

"The End."

Well, children, wasn't that a wonderful story?

Night night!

~A.S.

Haha, very funny. :laugh: Great way to twist an old story into something of your own with an art such as Lego.

I got that last pun, "they turned away sheepishly"

. :grin:

Haha, very funny. :laugh: Great way to twist an old story into something of your own with an art such as Lego.

I got that last pun, "they turned away sheepishly"

. :grin:

Thank you Jim! Yeah, I really like the story, and wanted to do something fun with it :tongue:

I think I succeeded :grin:

And yeah, that was a spur-of-the-moment thing :laugh:

~A.S.

Funny little story in an nicely built Lego-landscape. Those goats are cute... :laugh:

Thanks, Rick!

Yeah, the goats are quite cute. I made a thread yesterday asking for different designs but eventually decided on one of my own, which is very easy to make.

Just by examining the picture you can see how their made, unlike some of the others which I spent hours trying to decipher yesterday :laugh:

~A.S.

Thats really funny well done. :grin:

Nice details and I like the goats.

Hope you will make another story.

Hehee, so funny! :laugh:

I always love these type of "twisted fairytales". And the MOC is very lovely, too, far from something quickly put together.

Thank you all for your lovely comments! :sweet:

Actually, Burman, I think I will make another story :classic: This obviously went down very well, so yes, expect more "Twisted Fairytales" from me!

Thanks again for your comments,

~A.S.

Hahahaha. A wonderful story you've told here, AwesomeStar! Very enjoyable, and a wonderful build as well! I adore that goat design, very neat!

Kudos sir, you've done very well! :laugh:

May I ask what head you used for the bridge troll?

~Peace

Oh, I forgot to note that the wife's part is obviously played by Wicwa, my character in Quarryman's Infection-Mafia. Glad to see she's continuing her career in show biz. ;D

@iamded: Thanks! I used the head from the Space Police Galactic Enforcer alien - the one that looks like a Castle troll.

It should be on BrickLink. It works well for trolls, zombies and such.

@Sandy: Nest thing you know, she'll be on Broadway! Actually, that gives me a MOC idea...

~A.S.

My son would love to have this MOC in his collection, fairy tales are his favorite (he studies drama). :sweet:

Fantastic MOC with lots of humor and man how did he marry her.....must have been the booze that night ! :grin::laugh:

I'm a conformist! 'AwesomeStar' ! :laugh:

Wonderfoul story indeed! I really like it :classic:

It has a very surprising end, and funny as well. I only think the upright standing leg in the water is a bit strange :laugh:

Thank you, fellas!

ISC, be my guest, I know just how frustrating deciphering others techniques can be :laugh:

~A.S.

Very funny, and I must say those goats look really good.

Oops, 8 days and no reply to your comment, how rude of me :blush:

Thanks, Big Cam, and yeah, I guess they are pretty cool :grin:

~A.S.